Chapter 17: Phase Two

Remembering the events will only raise the risk. ~Ashley

~Your POV~

We were able to cross a few things off the list right off the bat. Since we were never in jail, we were able to cross the "Stared at in restaurant" thing off. From going to jail, there were things involving Khloe I was able to cross off as well. After doing this, we ended up with this list.

-Jackson kidnapping me

-Me getting hit in the head

-Skylar rescuing me

-Mark's emotional disorder

-Mark burning himself

-Voices in Mark's head

-Khloe in school with gun

-Khloe throwing pipe toward car

-Dad catching me with my shirt off

-Dad making Mark leave

-Mark destroys his apartment

-Mark cutting himself

-Mark's suicide note

-Mark attempts suicide

-Hospital visit

-Jackson shooting up school

-Jackson shoots Jessica, friend from Physics

-Jackson stabs my shoulder

-Me and friends go to graveyard

-I beat up Khloe's unconscious body

-Police questioning me

-Khloe ready to shoot me

-Skylar saves me again

-Khloe gets back up to shoot us

-Skylar gets mad and dumps us

There really wasn't a whole lot to cross off, but once we did, the storyline started to not make any sense. Skylar even started to get confused. Ashley, Rebecca, and Kenneth didn't know anything about this part since we didn't know them at the time. Nevertheless, they were still on board to help us solve the riddle of this alternative life we lived in just one night.

I sent Khloe the whole list we just created so she can check and cross stuff out. She's probably going to have some smartass comments to state about them, but hey, we're curious.

Just as we began coming up with a plan to deal with the people involved in these events, we heard a loud pounding on the wall that led into Skylar's room. It started all five of us. "Skylar! We know you're in there!" a male voice shouted. Skylar's eyes widened. Oh shit, I might know who that is.

"Um, guys, you ready to fight?" Skylar asked out of nowhere. Ashley jumped right up from the bed. "Anytime." she answered, ready to pull her pistol out. Kenneth and Rebecca both jumped up too. "Yeah, we're ready." Kenneth said. I seriously admire these guys. Without having to question Skylar's request, they're just ready to do what they have to do to defend their friends. I like that about them. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have friends like these guys. Especially Skylar. She's always ready to save me when I need it. Apparently in the dream, she was always there when I needed her. And when I got lost like two weeks ago, she was always the first one there. Mark wasn't around when I needed him, and he hasn't been lately. I just don't know whether or not it's right to leave him.

The pounding on the house dragged me out of my thoughts. Skylar and I left the room along with Ashley, Rebecca, and Kenneth. While the pounding was continuing, we snuck around the house outside to meet up with whoever was there. My suspicions were definitely concluded. It was them. Those gang members! "Oh fuck." Skylar said under her breath. "They know where I live." I shushed her and snuck up behind the group of three. The one that was farthest back from the house was my target. I went up behind him and tightly squeezed my hand over his mouth. His muffles weren't loud enough to alert the other members.

Before the other two members noticed, we ended up dragging this guy into Ashley's car. We fucking kidnapped him dude.

Skylar and I ended up in the back seat with the member. Ashley quickly drove away as I took my hand off of his mouth. When I got a better look at him, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Terrance!

"Holy shit! Terrance! What are you doing here?" Skylar said. Terrance didn't look fearful or anything. Just surprised that he was kidnapped. "I was just following those other guys. I didn't want to do what they did, so I just stood away from your house." Terrance answered. Terrance looked at me. "You know they're going to find out about this, right?" he asked me. I nodded and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, but why the fuck are they there?" I asked him. Terrance shrugged. "I have no idea. All I know is Skylar apparently owes them money." Ashley sighed as she took a right turn. "How much does she owe, and why?" she asked, looking into the mirror at him.

Terrance took a deep breath. "They told me she owes like one-hundred dollars for the weed she bought from them." he answered. I gave Skylar a mean look. She noticed it and frowned. "What? I was broke!" she said in defense. I scoffed. "Yeah, but you still have to pay them. Just pay them so they'll leave us alone." I demanded. Skylar closed her eyes and nodded.

She pulled out her wallet and gave Terrance a one-hundred dollar bill. "Here, just give them this so they'll leave us alone." Terrance took the money and shoved it in his front pocket. Before doing so, he checked to make sure it was real. Skylar rolled her eyes. "Yeah, like I just printed that. I got it from the bank the other day. Don't worry about it." she said meanly. Terrance stared at her. "Hey, I'm just trying to make sure they have no reason to kill you." he said back.

Ashley circled around and we ended up back at Skylar's house. The members were still there pounding. They hadn't noticed Terrance's disappearance yet. Terrance got out of the car and walked up to them. The five of us stayed in the car just in case we needed a quick escape. Terrance handed the gang leader the money. He also checked it, which made Skylar huff. "People are such dumbasses these days." she commented. The gang member nodded in approval and left the house. The five of us breathed a breath of relief. "Thank fucking god." Rebecca said. Terrance stayed behind to give us a thumbs-up, signaling that it was okay to get out. "Thanks, dude." Skylar called. He gave us a peace sign with his middle and index finger and jogged off with his friends.

We got back into the house and continued planning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~