Chapter 14: Phase One

No, some of the things on this list didn't happen. I can easily tell you guys which ones didn't happen. ~Khloe

~Your POV~

An hour has passed and we finally finished eating our food. We all split the bill based on the things we have ordered, which totaled to about ten dollars for each of us.

Ashley drove us back to the college to try to catch Khloe. Most of the events on this list had to do with her, so we have to try to ask her these questions. We may not be on good terms right now, but if we can call a truce for twenty minutes, phase one should be over in no time.

As we hoped, we saw Khloe, Julianna, and Jade hanging inside the school. They were sitting at a table in the corner of the lobby. They had their notebooks and laptops out. Maybe they're doing homework together. Since most of the events in this phase had to do with me, I was the one that was going to have to ask the questions.

Nervously, I walked up to the table holding the notebook. Khloe just stared me down as if I was lost. "Can we help you, emo fag?" She said, making the twins laugh. I sighed and sat in the fourth seat that was there. This made the three of them cringe. "Never thought I'd be sitting at a table with you. What do you want?" Julianna asked meanly. I set the notebook flat on the table. "Look guys, I know we hate each other, but I'm in a rut." I admitted. Khloe scoffed. "So? What do we care? Get out of here." She said back. I gave her a sad look, which made her become weirded out. "What?" She said loudly.

"Something happened to me to where I can't remember a gap in my life, and until I figure this out, I'm probably going to have to get information from you overtime. Can we call a truce for however long it takes for me to remember?" I asked nicely. Khloe just laughed. "Look, if you can't remember what occurred in your life, that a you problem." She said meanly. Feeling even more upset than I did a minute ago, I just stood up and attempted to walk away. Before I could even take two steps, Khloe grabbed onto my wrist and sat me down. What the hell?

"Alright. I guess I'll help your emo ass out. But we're not friends, and we'll never be friends. Got it?" She said. Wow, she's actually willing to help me?

"Okay, well thanks! Skylar helped me write this list of events that may or may not have happened. Do you want to just check off the things that did happen? Just for the sake of us not having to socialize?" I asked her. Khloe took out her pink gel pen and began checking things off. When she came across the MTV party event, she furrowed her eyebrows. "I invited you to my MTV party?" She asked, confused. I just shrugged with an awkward grin on my face. "Uhm, I have no idea. Like I said, Skylar helped me write this list down." I repeated. Khloe looked back at the list and skipped the MTV party events. She also came across MTV shooting, which made her even more confused. "(F/n), what the fuck? Did someone hit you over the head?" She asked. Jade chuckled. I nodded, feeling the scar on the back of my head. "Yeah, apparently." Khloe smirked.

As Khloe was checking the events that involved her off, I started thinking. Why didn't we become friends in high school? If she's this willing to help me remember some gaps of my life, she must have a soft spot somewhere. Especially if she's willing to help me with some events that happened in the past two to three years of my life that I can't for the life of me remember.

After fifteen minutes, Khloe handed me the notebook. "So these aren't the only things you need help remembering?" She asked, making sure. I shook my head. "No, there's probably going to be some more involving you that I want to remember." Khloe found this whole situation weird. I can understand, though. She probably didn't have that weird dream like me and my friends had. Oh well. She's willing to help me, and that's actually nice.

"Alright, well thanks a lot Khloe. I seriously appreciate you for helping me." I said, standing up. Khloe shot me a smile and nodded slightly. Before I officially left the school, Khloe ran up to me with a piece of paper. "Here's the email I used the most. If you have any other things you need help remembering something else, just email it to me. I can check them off in a reply." She told me. I hugged her really quick. "Thanks for everything." I said before running out the door.

I ran outside to the car where all of my friends waited. Their eyes widened. "Shit, she helped you?" Skylar asked. I nodded with a smile. "Yep! Here's the list."

-Khloe bullying me (y)
-Khloe beating me up after first day of school (y)
-Mark and Khloe on a date (y)
-Khloe pushing me in apartment (y)
-Mark's bad date with Khloe (y)
-I'm blamed for Mark not liking Khloe (y)
-Khloe smacks me across face (y)
-Mark confesses feelings for me
-Mom self-harming
-Jackson being careless of problems (y)
-Invited to MTV party
-Mark leaves me
-Small party in field for 17th party
-Me and Mark back together
-"First time"
-MTV party - black paint poured on me and Skylar
-MTV shooting
-Skylar threatening to kill Mark
-Jail time and parole

Most of the events she checked off were on the top of the list. Skylar and I were relieved that the MTV thing didn't happen. We wouldn't want that on our record.

"Alright, let's head back to Cincinnati and figure the rest of this shit out." Ashley suggested. Everyone nodded and got into the car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~