Chapter 3: Remember Los Angeles?

If it weren't for Mark, you'd be mine right now. ~Francis

~Your POV~

I feel like I'm losing it just being in this apartment all the time. My friends ended up in the same community college I'm in right now, but they're all busy. I need to go out and find something to do. I love Mark and everything, but damn, I need to get out of this place.

While Mark was taking a short nap, I went for a walk in the neighborhood. Maybe I'll bump into Skylar on the way. The sun was just about to set, the temperature seemed to be dropping, and the leaves were changing color.

Out of nowhere, I end up bumping into someone by accident. "Oh, I'm sorry about that." I said out of reflex. The guy I bumped into just chuckled. "Oh, it's alright." He said. Awkward. I attempted to walk away, but he stopped me. "Hey, don't you remember me?" He said, still in the same spot he was in before. I spun all the way around and shook my head. "No, I've never seen you before." I insisted. He came a bit closer, which made me uncomfortable. "I'm your mom's boss' son, Francis. They went on a business trip and took you with us. Don't you remember Los Angeles?" He said. He has to have the wrong person because i have no idea what he's talking about. "I'm sorry, you might have the wrong person." I pushed. He shook his head. "No, is your name (F/n) (L/n)?" He asked. My eyes widened. How the fuck does he know my name. Maybe he doesn't have the wrong person. I almost choked. "Um, yes?" I answered finally. "Yeah, you're the one whose ex-boyfriend took away from me. Then locked me up in jail for over a year." Fuck! Why did I say yes? And again, I have no idea what he's talking about. "Look, "Francis", I have no idea what you're talking about. Now, I have to go." I said, now walking away. He just stood there and stared me down. I wonder if he thought I was trying to forget about him, but I seriously don't remember him. Let alone a business trip to Los Angeles.

After getting over what had just happened, I continued walking forward. I was thinking about stopping by Skylar's house. She's usually done with school by now. I really need to talk to her about what had just happened.

I made it to her house within minutes. Since we've been best friends for years now, I just walked into her house as if I lived there. No one was in the living room, well, no one except for her cat and her babies that are now two years old. They're still the size of babies, though, and they're fluffy.

"Skylar?" I called. I heard a shout from another room. Assuming it was Skylar, I went into her bedroom. She was smoking a cigarette as she was doing homework. "What's up, girl?" She asked happily. I sat on the bed next to her. "Something really weird happened on my way here." I started. Skylar stopped doing her homework and listened to me. "What happened?" She asked. I breathed in and tried to remember everything that Francis said. "Well, as I was walking here, this weird guy named Francis stopped me and tried to get me to remember him." I started. Skylar's eyes widened. "Francis?" She asked, as if she knew who I was talking about. I nodded. "Yeah. Apparently a few years back, we all went on a trip to Los Angeles and I dumped him for Mark or something." As I told the story, Skylar seemed to have remembered the event. She almost looked scared. "Alright, (f/n), I might know what he's talking about." She told me. I gave her a weird look. I was starting to get scared too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~