Chapter 12: This Is A Me And Skylar Problem

My mind likes to play tricks on me. Maybe everything in the dream happened in real life, and maybe it didn't. ~You

~Your POV~

The trip to Columbus was so much fun. Even though we're dealing with a serious issue, my friend made the trip fun for me. Especially since I'm dealing with this divorce. My parents are taking care of the whole thing for me. When the "divorce package" comes into the mail, I'll just have to fill out whatever paperwork is involved. My parents will help me out with the rest. It would be different if I was twenty-five in terms of my parent's involvement, but I'm only nineteen. I didn't even graduate college yet.

We pulled into the parking lot of the college. It looked amazing from where we stood. The building looked very symmetrical, the grass was pretty green still, and the leaves from the trees were raked up. I saw a bunch of students outside here playing frisbee, lounging on the grass with picnics, and hanging with their friends. I noticed about seventy percent of my classmates here. It's weird that they all decided to go to this university. See, I did the smart thing. I went to community college first so I could get the same kind of education for a cheaper price. The classes in this school may have teachers with masters and doctrites, but my community college does too. It just may be more common here.

Ashley, Kenneth, and Rebecca offered to come along with us, but I just shook my head. "If you guys want to, you can, but this is kind of a me and Skylar thing. I told them. Ashley nodded. "Alright, but if you get into a fight and need backup, call me." she said, holding her iPhone out. I smiled and headed onto the campus with Skylar. When we entered, I noticed some stares from our high school classmates. "What are they doing here?" one asked his friend, whom just shrugged. We noticed Khloe, Julianna, and Jade on the field. They were staring at us. I guess Khloe had just gone to the hospital here because she's wearing a cast on her arm. I gave Skylar a mean look. "You do know that breaking her arm will only cause us more bullshit, right?" I asked her. She sighed and nodded.

Khloe, Julianna, and Jade came up to us. "You have a lot of nerve showing up to this school." Khloe said, placing her non-broken hand on her hip. Julianna and Jade crossed their arms while staring us down. "You know that my Dad's the dean of this school now. He would deny your applications to this school the second he read your names." she added. Julianna and Jade chuckled. I scoffed. "Well, because our whole class came to this school, why would I want to come here anyway? It'd be like high school all over again." I said back. The three of them just stared at me and Skylar. It felt awkward just standing here and looking at them.

After a moment, Ashley, Kenneth, and Rebecca caught up to us. Khloe, Julianna, and Jade shot them a weird look. "Hey guys, sorry we got bored back there. Is it okay if we tag along?" Rebecca asked me. I nodded. "Sure. We might need the backup anyway." I added, looking at Khloe. Ashley came around in front of me. "Oh, so this blondie is Khloe?" she established. Ashley looked at her up and down, and chuckled. "She don't look all that powerful to me. I can take her in one punch." she said toward Khloe. Everyone, including me, laughed. Some of the students around us were giving us stares still, but we didn't care.

Khloe eventually shoved Ashley, which was the biggest mistake of her life. Rebecca and Kenneth just ooooed when that happened. Khloe's eyes widened, realizing her mistake. Ashley looked at us. "Guys, I think its time to get someone kicked out." Ashley suggested. Everyone was in agreement except for me. "No, dont fight her guys. Were trying to fix things, not make them worse." I begged. Ashley sighed and glanced at Khloe. "Fine. But one more slip up and shes dead." Ashley threatened.

We walked past her and noticed a bunch of other students looking at us. I even noticed my friends, Nikki, Korey, Kevin, and Daniel. My friends are here too?

"Hey guys!" I said to them. They noticed us and greeted me and Skylar since were the only ones they know. "Hey! What are you guys doing here?" Daniel said. Skylar and I stepped forward to speak to them. We explained everything to them, which they found weird. They believed us because they've been having some weird dreams too, but it was still weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~