Chapter 7: It's Me Again

Your whole body will be covered with a bodily fluid that's the same color as my hair. ~Scarlet

~Ashley's POV~

"Alright, I'll see you later!" I called to Kenneth and Rebecca as we headed home. We had just spent the day doing homework together. Yeah, it's one of those weekends where we're all struggling to get our shit together.

It's been about a week since Mark, Skylar, and (f/n) had went home. I already miss those guys. Skylar told me that (f/n) had gone missing for a few days, which worried me deeply. I tried calling her cell a few times, but she didn't answer. Skylar told me she called the police and they're on the lookout for her. No word got to me yet whether or not she was found.

Going back into my world, things have been a little off. I've been seeing this girl with red hair walking around town. She seems like she knows me and has been making appearances for almost three days now. I'd be with Kenneth and Rebecca in town and she'd show up, stare me down, and then leave. I told my friends about it, but they thought it was a coincidence. I doubt it, though.

I know exactly who she is too. Scarlet. She lives up the street from the high school. We were friends in high school, but then we randomly stopped talking. I didn't question it, but now she's everywhere I go and she keeps staring at me.

On my way home, Scarlet made another appearance. She was walking in the opposite direction on the opposite side of the road. Instead of ignoring it, I just crossed the street to talk to her. "Hey." I said casually. She smiled and waved. "Hello, Ashley. How are you?" she asked weirdly. Wow, isn't she classy? Instead of judging her way of talking, I just nodded my head. "So, I've been noticing you more around town. Is everything alright?" I asked her. Scarlet just nodded. "Yep. Everything's perfect." she lied, or so it seemed. I placed a hand on my hip. "Hmm, okay." I said, not believing a word she said.

"I've just been kind of watching over you. We haven't talked in a few years ever since what had happened." Her face started changing. She went from a smile to the angriest frown I've ever seen. I took a step back and placed my right hand over the waistband of my pants. I had a pistol hiding there. "Don't you remember what happened that night? When I was ran over by that taxi car?" she asked me. I slowly shook my head. I do remember being told that, but I wasn't personally there. "Scarlet, I wasn't even there." I reminded her. Her head tilted a bit. "Oh? Well, who was there then?" she asked. I was starting to get freaked out. I mean, I'm not scared, per say. But she's acting really creepy. I know who was there, but it's not my place to put my friends at risk.

Instead of answering her question, I just took off. I ran down the street to my house. Scarlet just stood there with a huge grin on her face. Yeah, she's not creepy at all.

The second I got inside, I called (f/n). I still have no idea if she was found yet, but I have to contact someone. Surprisingly enough, she answered! "Ashley! How are you?" she said happily. I had to cut through the bullshit. We need to start something. "(F/n)! Bad, bad news!" I yelled. She was startled by my sudden shouting. "What's wrong!?" she shouted back. I took a breath in. "Do you remember Scarlet?" I asked plainly. She fell silent. I took that as a yes.

"She's been following me everywhere in town, and I just now talked to her. From that weird lucid dream we all had, the running her over in a taxi car thing was real. The only difference is, she's alive." I explained. I heard another voice over the phone. "Oh, fuck me! Scarlet's alive!?" That was Skylar's voice. "Yes, yes she is. Guys, we have to get together and do something." I urged. "Yeah, we do. Francis got to us too." (F/n) said to me. I frowned. "Who's Francis?" I asked. I've never heard either one of them mention a Francis to me.

"My parents and I apparently went on a business trip to Los Angeles a few years back, and Francis was the son of my Mom's boss. He was trying to get with me while Mark and I were on a break, but he and his parents turned out to be psychopaths. Francis tried to rape and kill me, and we got his whole family into jail. My Mom had to switch departments at her job just so she had a different boss. I thought that part was also a dream, but it turned out to be real." (F/n) explained. She hyperventilated after telling me that whole story in one breath. I nodded, now being familiar with Francis. "Alright, guys. I have money saved up. I'm coming to Cincinnati this coming Friday. We're going to spend a few days to get this shit sorted out. Hell, I'll stay a few extra days if we run into any problems. I don't want there being any loose ends." I told them. "Okay." Skylar and (f/n) said together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~