Chapter 4: Don't You Remember?

Remember when you were seventeen and we met in High School? Remember the day we became best friends? ~Skylar

~Your POV~

"I think I remember a guy named Francis." Skylar continued. I just stared at her. "Did your parents go on a business trip?" she asked me. I shook my head, which caused Skylar to feel like she was crazy. "I don't remember you ever telling me you guys went to Los Angeles, and at the same time, I do. It's so weird." Skylar seemed confused as to what she was saying. She may remember the name from somewhere, but I'm completely lost. I've never met a Francis.

"I guess he was just on something." I concluded. Skylar nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I guess. I really feel like I remember something, but I don't at the same time." I can kind of relate to what Skylar's saying. I once had a dream that Mark had proposed to me at a beach, and I rejected him. I woke up and was thinking, "what the fuck!?" So yeah, I can definitely relate.

We finally ignored the event and started doing homework together. While I worked on an assignment for my math class, Skylar was typing a story for her creative writing class.

~Skylar's POV~

I know exactly who Francis is. I remember it like it happened yesterday. Well, it didn't really happen, but it all happened in a dream. Yes, that dream. Just like Ashley and (f/n), I tried to forget about it so I wouldn't spend my life wondering why we all shared that dream. But now that she's encountered someone that was in the dream, we could all be in trouble. Maybe it actually happened and we were all drugged up though it? Great, now I'm wondering again.

Instead of telling her that I remember the whole thing, I just continued doing my homework. Maybe she actually forgot about it. Maybe Ashley did too, but there's no way I can forget about what happened, especially since I was killed and then reborn. That's the only way I know it's fake. I can't be shot, killed, and reborn with a growth disorder just so I can age to be (f/n)'s age again. It's impossible, and the odds of it happening are impossible. So therefore, that's how I can tell it was all some lucid dream.

I still don't understand why it happened, though. Were our subconscious minds trying to have us live life the opposite from what we did in the dream? Because I know shooting up that MTV party backfired on us. I'm glad that I was stopped from doing that in real life.

While I still typed up my story for creative writing, I continued thinking of some of the events from the dream. I promised myself I wouldn't think about it anymore, but if people from the dream are starting to make appearances, maybe it is time to start worrying about it.

I slammed my laptop shut, which startled (f/n). "I think this is a problem, (f/n)." I told her. She tilted her head sideways a little. "What's a problem? The whole Francis thing?" She confirmed. I nodded. This is definitely a problem. "Yeah. Don't you remember that weird dream we all had a few years ago?" I asked her. I know she's not going to know what I'm talking about. She'll think I'm crazy.

As expected, she shook her head. She honestly doesn't remember? That dream had like a year and a half worth of events in it, and yet, she doesn't know what I'm talking about. This is also a problem. I have to help her remember.

"Don't you remember that dream you, me, Ashley, and Mark had? It all felt so real. Don't you remember when Khloe and her dad kidnapped you and locked you up in a cellar in the woods? And, don't you remember when we had those gangs after all of us in New York? Come on, help me out, (f/n). You have to remember." At this point, I was desperate for her to remember. Our lives could be in danger and we wouldn't even know it. For all we know, some events that occurred in the dream could be real. It all felt the same I can't even tell what was fake and what was real. We need to figure this out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~