Chapter 18: I Did This?

I may be a bully, but I'm not a murderer. ~Khloe

~Your POV~

Once we got settled in, I checked my email to see if Khloe responded. Within minutes of sending the email, she of course had some comments, and she checked and crossed stuff off of the list. The email said the following:

Emo fag,

So, your list is getting weirder each time. You must've had a fucked up dream, or maybe you were dropped when you were a baby. Whatever the circumstances are, here's your revised list. I only added the crap involving me and my Dad, and as weird as it is, some of this shit happened. The only exception is, I wasn't there when you were kidnapped. My Dad was. I literally played no part in the kidnapping. Of course, if you had shot up my MTV party, I'm sure I would've been present. But I know he didn't shoot up the school, which should cross off everything following that. And you think I'm stupid enough to bring a gun to school? I personally don't even own one. Everything else, though, you're on your own. Send me your next list when you're ready. You're welcome.

-Jackson kidnapping me

-Me getting hit in the head

-Skylar rescuing me

~Khloe

I scoffed when I read the list she sent me. I crossed off half of the list in Ashley's notebook, which made everyone curious. I looked up at them when I finished. "Oh, Khloe replied. Since the shooting at school didn't happen, it pretty much crosses everything else off. Skylar smiled when she saw that half of the work was already done. "Damn, this is easier than I thought." Skylar commented.

Once again, I had to call up Mark. I seriously hate calling him, especially since we may end up going through with the divorce after all. Despite the nervousness I felt in the pit of my stomach, I called him anyway. I put it on speaker so everyone else can hear him.

After the third ring, he still didn't answer. God damn it, Mark! Answer! When the fifth ring was about to begin, Mark answered. "Hello?" he said all tired-like. Fuck, he must have been asleep. I breathed in slowly. "Hey, Mark. Sorry to bother you, but we came across some new shit, and I have a few more questions to ask you." I began. Mark didn't respond. He just waited for me to ask.

Anxiously, I grabbed the list. "Do you have any emotional disorders?" I asked bluntly. Mark sighed. "Nope." Wow, he must be irritated with this whole ordeal already. I can't blame him, though. It's a ton of shit to go through. I crossed that off along with Mark burning himself and the voices playing in his head. "Okay, um, when I had my shirt off in the living room at my apartment, did my Dad catch us in the act?" I asked. Mark got silent again. Just answer my fucking question asshole.

"Never happened." he answered in a monotone voice. I crossed that off. "Did you destroy your apartment out of anger?" I looked at Skylar, who was becoming irritated with the way Mark was talking to me. She really must hate him right now. "No." Mark answered. I crossed that off my list along with everything else involving him. If he didn't rage that bad, then the events following probably didn't happen, and if it did, who cares? It doesn't play an important role in this whole thing. I'm more worried about my enemies anyway.

"Okay, thanks. Goodnight. Get some sleep. Don't answer the phone if I call again. I'm just such a burden anyway, right?" I ranted. Mark didn't answer. All I heard was a light snore on his end. Skylar's eyes widened at that. Before she or Mark could respond, I hung up the phone with a sad look on my face. Ashley and Rebecca hugged me out of sympathy. Skylar looked like she had ideas to get back at him.

With all of that aside, we reviewed the remaining list. The only things we have now are the events that Khloe listed. Our formal principal may be a problem at some point. I mean, he's the dean at Khloe's college now, but it's possible that he'll become problematic to us.

"Mark's really turned into a piece of shit." Skylar informed me. I nodded with the same sad look on my face. I don't understand what had happened over the last five and a half months of us being married, but ever since we said "I do" to each other, shit just went downhill. At this point, there's no way to fix it. Our relationship is doomed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~