Chapter 16A: All Of The Small Things Happened

~Your POV~

The five of us made it to Skylar's house within ten minutes. We noticed a few people following us on the road, so we ended up speeding down the road, and then turning a corner. We ended up losing them after a minute or two. "Those were probably the gang members we dealt with from the dream. Why the fuck are they after us?" I asked. Skylar shook her head. "Maybe something happened with them. We need to figure this out. I don't want another repeat of what happened in the dream." She answered.

We all rushed into Skylar's room. We don't want to risk being seen by those gang members again. How the hell they even knew it was us, we'll never know. But all I know is we can't play around with this dream anymore. Dangerous people are starting to show up and they apparently remember us. I just don't understand why they chose now to attack us. Just when we remembered the full details of the dream, they begin showing themselves to us. It makes no sense.

"Alright, we need to do some research." Skylar started. I nodded in agreement. "First, since I honestly don't trust Khloe, I'm going to research the MTV shooting." Skylar typed rapidly on her laptop. The rest of us sat here and waited for the results.

Seconds later, Skylar finished scrolling through the Google results and sighed. "Oh, thank god." She said, placing her hand over her heart. "The MTV thing didn't happen. Khloe was right." Skylar smiled as she closed her laptop. She took Ashley's notebook and crossed it off the list. "So that should eliminate me threatening to shoot Mark, being invited to the party to begin with, and the jail time and parole." She continued as she crossed them off the list. I smiled too. I remember the tattoos I got in prison, and they were cool, but meh. I'd rather get more meaningful tattoos.

I looked at the list too. I noticed the one event "Mom self-harming". It's weird how I remembered that little detail, but I know for a fact that it's true. I made a check mark next to it.

Only five items on the list remained, and it meant I had to talk to Mark. Oh, fuck me.

While everyone was talking to each other, I decided to call Mark up. It pained me to give him my new number, so I just called him with a blocked number. He answered after the fourth ring. "Um, hello?" He said nervously. "Hey Mark, it's (f/n)." I said. He chuckled. "Trying to prank call me?" He joked. I laughed with him. "No, I'm just calling from a friends phone and she didn't want me giving away her number." I lied.

"So, there are like five things I have to ask you." I said, staring at the list. "Okay, what's up?" I got really nervous now. He might think I'm crazy, but I have to know.

"Question one, when we were hanging out at your apartment when I was sixteen on that Friday I missed school, was that also the day you confessed your feelings for me?" Damn, that question was wordy, but it was specific enough for him to remember. "Oh yeah! I do remember that. Yeah that actually happened." Mark answered. I wrote a check mark next to that event.

"Alright, second question. Did you leave me because you thought I was too young for you?" I cringed after asking that question. I remember being sixteen and he was like twenty-five. Mark was silent for a second. He knows why I'm asking these questions, but I guess he's trying to remember himself since he was also a part of the dream. He finally spoke. "Uh, yeah. I do remember that happening." He answered awkwardly. These questions were getting more fucked up as I went down the list.

"Um, okay. Question three, do you remember meeting me in the hallway when I was on my way to my seventeenth birthday party?" Skylar looked up at me. She might actually remember that happening in real life. That was around the time I dyed my hair that hot pink color. Skylar was obsessed with being cotton candy sisters. "(F/n), yeah. I remember perfectly that the party in the field happened." Skylar answered. I guess Mark heard her because he answered the same thing too. "Yeah, I know I met you in the hallway. It was like a few months after we had broken up." Mark added.

"Okay, final question. When you invited me to your apartment a day after my birthday that year, did you and I end up back together? And if yes, did we also have sex that night?" Ashley and Rebecca chuckled. "Damn, at age seventeen you fucked Mark? I fucked that guy, Richard, when I was sixteen...with NO condom!" Ashley yelled while laughing her ass off. Kenneth and Rebecca also laughed. "Damn, you were a fucking dumbass when you were sixteen, Ash." Skylar told her. She was laughing, too. I heard Mark chuckle too. "Yeah, everything you have asked me had happened." Mark concluded. I checked off that last event and got off the phone with Mark. I told him I'd call him later, even though I wasn't going to.

"Alright, phase one is complete. Now, onto phase two." Skylar started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~