Chapter 6: Lost

Your past is catching up to you. Keep running, bitch. ~Khloe

~Your POV~

I don't know how long it's been, but I wake up from what feels like a three-day sleep. Skylar was right! Sleeping on my back worked! I was able to remember it all. Every event that happened in the dream.

I checked the time on my phone, and I noticed something weird. It was three days! What the fuck!? I missed two of my classes, but more importantly. Skylar and Mark must be worried sick. On my phone, I noticed close to fifty missed calls from Skylar, Mark, and Ashley? I guess Skylar had told her about it.

After looking through the various missed calls and text messages from my parents, Mark, Ashley, and Skylar, I stormed through the cellar door and ran in one direction. Since it's been three days, I couldn't remember which direction led into town, so I just continued running.

After spending a few hours trying to find my way out of the woods, I eventually got lost. I have no sense of direction at this point. The GPS on my phone isn't helping me much, which is a problem. Everything is a problem. I'm going to try to call Skylar. I'm also going to try to send her my location in a text message. A few rings later, she picked up. "Oh my fucking god, (f/n)! Where the fuck are you!?" she shouted when she answered. I started tearing up. "Oh my god, Skylar, I have no fucking clue! Help me! I went into the woods a few days ago, passed out, and I literally just woke up! I'm going to send you my location so you can look for me. I'm not going to move until you find me." I said, crying toward the end. I heard Skylar take a breath of relief. "Don't worry, hun. I'll find you. I'll bring Mark along too." she assured me. I wiped away the tears. "Please hurry. I'm scared." I admitted. We hung up, and I sent Skylar my exact GPS location. Assuming she got it, she's going to get Mark to go with her.

~Skylar's POV~

I ended the call and immediately called Mark. I seriously hope he answers this time. It's like one in the afternoon, so he may be recording. But if (f/n)'s missing, he'd better not be. I had gone into the woods on the night she went missing, but I couldn't find the place I thought she'd be at. That's when Mark called the police. Since they have this rule where they don't establish a search party until after twenty-four hours of someone being missing, they probably just started to look for her. Such bullshit. If someone's missing, fucking find them right away. Don't wait for them to have a window of opportunity to die first.

"Hello?" Mark said over the phone. "Mark! (F/n) called me, and she's LOST in the woods!" I explained. "I know where she is, and I mean it this time." Mark was silent. Does he even care!?

"Oh good. I mean, I kind of enjoyed the silence without her, but if you know where she is, I guess I'll come with you." he said. Wow, he really doesn't give a shit. (F/n) deserves better than that. Shit, I'd be a better match for her since I've saved her life multiple times. I don't let my desire for peace and quiet affect the ones I love.

"You know what, Mark? Don't bother. She deserves to be in the presence of someone that actually cares for her. You're nothing more than a piece of shit just for saying that. I'm surprised that your fans have never seen this side of you yet." I said, and then hung up. That is fucking unbelievable. What am I going to tell her when I see her? Oh, you're husband is a piece of shit that chose peace and quiet over you?

I grabbed my backpack and went outside. My parents tried to stop me, but I'm fucking nineteen. They can't tell me what to do anymore.

Minutes later, I get into the woods. "Oh, the search begins...now." I said as I put her location onto my GPS. It looks like she's about five minutes away. How she lost track of where she was, I'll never know. But she most likely took a wrong turn somewhere.

As I followed the trail, I came across that cellar I've been trying to find. I know she was in that cellar for three days. I just, for the life of me, couldn't find it.

The trail ended at that cellar. I guess (f/n) freaked out and ran in another direction. I just don't know which one. I also don't understand why she didn't follow the trail back. She must have really lost it. That's when I looked at the GPS. Since I'm in the woods, my data was getting all weird. I walked past the cellar in a straight line. That's what the GPS is saying, anyway.

Ten minutes later, I see (f/n) sitting in a pile of leaves. Holy shit, I found her! "(F/n)!" I called as I ran to her. She looked up, jumped to her feet, and ran into me. "Oh my god, Skylar!" she yelled as she held me tightly. I hugged her back and picked some leaves out of her hair. Damn, she's a mess. She needs a shower and a fresh set of clothes.

We parted, and she looked around to see if Mark made it. "Where's Mark?" she asked. My eyes widened, and my throat clogged up. Don't tell her what he said.

"Oh, he didn't answer his phone, so I just began finding you without him." I lied. She nodded. "Yeah, he was probably recording or something." she assumed.

I led us out of the woods into town. She felt happy to be back in civilization again. She told me how the sleep position worked and that she now remembers everything about the dream. I was happy to hear that. Because now, it's going to me a me and her adventure. Fuck Mark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~