Chapter 10: Not Worth It

If you really love her, why would you abandon her again? She needed you and all you cared about was your false cheating accusation. You really don't deserve her. ~Terrance

~Your POV~

My parents came home from work a few hours after Mark and I broke up. They don't know about mine and Mark's pending divorce. When all of that is over, I doubt we'll even stay friends. I do know that I'll be living with my parents again. Hell, I pretty much am already. All I have at Mark's house are some clothes. I hardly brought anything over there since he literally lives down the hall from my parents.

Once my parents got settled in, I decided to tell them about what happened. "Hi, Mom and Dad." I said, waving weakly. My face still looked pretty sad. They noticed it, too. "What's the matter?" Dad asked me. What's not wrong with me at this point? Mark and I are no longer in love with each other, I'm about to lose him, and now, he might even be in danger and I probably wont be able to help him. Everything's wrong.

"Mark and I are...divorcing." I told them finally. They didn't look at all surprised. They kind of saw this coming. "I had a feeling that would happen." Mom said. I nodded. "Do you know how to go about this divorce? Like paperwork-wise?" Dad asked. I nodded again. "Yeah. I looked into it." I answered.

While my friends continued talking to each other, I went on my laptop and started filing for a divorce. I know that filing costs a significant amount of money. Probably around a hundred dollars. I have to fill out some forms online and then I receive the whole "divorce package" by mail. Before I even put in my information, I just had to sit and think about it. Do I really want to do this? Is it even worth it to go through this trouble just to end up married again in the next few years? I don't even think it's worth it.

I shook it off and closed my laptop. It's not worth it. He and I will end up back together again one day and eventually married again. I'd rather make this work now rather than spend one-hundred-forty dollars for a divorce just to end up married to him again when I'm twenty-five.

My friends were looking at me as I closed my laptop. "You're not going to do it?" Ashley asked. I sat there and shook my head. "No. It's not even worth it. Mark and I are going to end up back together eventually anyway. It's not worth it." I told them. Ashley nodded. "I get it." she said.

I went into the kitchen where my parents are. They sat at the table with two cups of coffee. "So I was going to file for the divorce online, but I don't even think it's worth it." I explained. My parents gave me a weird look. "Not worth it? Why?" Mom asked. Wow, she really wants me and Mark to break up. I just shrugged. "Because, knowing me, I'll end up getting back together with him, and I just don't think it's worth the trouble." I answered. My parents shook their heads. "(F/n), trust me. It is worth it. Because then you can find someone new without having to worry about that ring on your finger." Dad encouraged. I shrugged. "Can you help me? I have like no money for this." I asked. Mom and Dad nodded. "Of course." Mom answered.

While my parents did the divorce thing online, I went back to my room to discuss the issues with my friends. They were already in the middle of it. "So with Francis, I think we should get him sent back to jail." Skylar suggested. Kenneth and Rebecca nodded. I guess Skylar told them about Francis. "How can we do that? He hasn't done anything wrong yet." I asked. Skylar have me an evil smile. "Yeah, yet." she emphasized.

"Well, before we do anything with anyone from that dream, I think we should go to the Ohio State University." I told them. Skylar stood up. "No. Most of our classmates ended up going there. I can't face them again." she said, about to cry. I glared at Skylar. "Skylar, we have to. I think if the shit that went down in the dream also happened in real life, they'd probably bring it up to us." I explained. She nodded in agreement. "Okay, but that school is like two hours away. How can we get there?" Skylar asked. I shot a look at Ashley. She noticed it and rolled her eyes. "Okay, but I need gas money guys." she said, and then laughed. She was joking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~