•Chapter I•

"It was an accident! I swear!" He proclaimed
"Liar! You did it on purpose!" She retaliated
"Y-You all believe me, right? I-It was an accident!"
They swarmed around him, pushing him to the floor. They kicked and punched him. They laughed while they did.
He stood back up and ran.
He ended up in a secluded area.
He needed to take his anger and frustration out on something... Someone.
"..."
"... Meow... Mrow... Me-"
Red.
____________________

Kody's eyes flung open. Well... As open as they usually got, anyway. Lumine was sitting on a stool next to his bed, rubbing something onto his wrist, on the burn marks. "What are you doing?" Kody pulled his wrist out of Lumine's grasp. Lumine looked up, a bit startled.

"O-Oh, Kody! didn't notice you were up... I um... I wanted to put ointment on your burns, but I didn't want to wake you, i-is that okay?" Lumine asked nervously. He twiddled around with his fingers.

Kody looked at Lumine, "Oh." He put his wrist back in Lumine's hand and sighed. "I don't mind." Kody stared at the wound. It definitely looked better than it did a few days ago.

Tick
Tock
Tick

"Alright... And... Done!" Lumine said happily, as he finished reapplying the bandage. Kody looked at his arm and moved it around a bit.

"Thanks." Kody looked down. Lumine sat awkwardly for a few seconds. He then looked back at Kody.

"W-Well... If you don't need me I'm just gonna go, then..." Lumine stood and and walked towards the exit. "If you need anything, just let me know and I'll be there!" Lumine smiled. Kody watched him walk away.

"Wait."

Lumine slowly peeked his head over the doorframe. "Y-Yes? Need something else?"

Kody chewed on the inside of his cheek, "Stay." Lumine's eyes widened a bit.

"Really?" Lumine asked happily. Kody nodded. "Okay, then!" Lumine grinned widely. He looked over at a nearby dresser and saw a remote laying on top of it. "Mind if I turn on the T.V?" He looked over at Kody, who shook his head. "Alright!" He pressed the power button. "What do you wanna watch, Kody?"

Kody mumbled, "...go... Tal..." Lumine's ears folded downwards in confusion.

"What did you say? Sorry, I couldn't hear you..."

"Dragon Tales." Kody looked at the door, slightly flustered.

The room was silent for a moment, but it was interrupted by a small giggle. "You like that show, too?" Lumine asked. Kody nodded, a bit confused why Lumine wasn't laughing at him. "I watched that show almost everyday when I was younger! I used to have a friend who would invite me over to watch with her." Lumine reminisced over that time. "She always came to the alley that I lived in, just to watch it with me!" Lumine smiled again. He shook his head, and got back on topic.

"So, um... Dragon Tales it is?" Kody nodded, and Lumine switched to the channel.
____________________

Lumine had fallen asleep a few hours ago, and Kody was still watching the show.

I'm thirsty. Kody thought, Hungry, too. He looked over at the sleeping beauty who's head was resting just beside his knee. I should wake him up, right? He did say "If you need anything..." and I need water. Kody groaned and groggily arose from his bed, and looked over at Lumine one more time. He's going to fall over sooner or later, in that position... Might be funny to watch. For some reason, suddenly the thought of Lumine in pain didn't amuse him anymore. Kody groaned again, Why do I suddenly feel like being a nice person? Kody walked over to Lumine, and with all the strength he could muster, picked him up. As Kody held him, he thought to himself, Y'know... He's kind of... Cute... When he sleeps. But like a "pet" kind of cute. Not a "crush" sort of cute. Kody gently laid on the pillow next to Kody's, followed by him tucking Lumine in. Kody walked back towards the door, but looked back at Lumine once more, he never thought about it before, but he loved the way Lumine's eyelashes curled. ... For the most part. And Kody went downstairs.
____________________

Kody sat on the living room couch, a glass of cold water in his hands. He took a moment to appreciate the peace and quiet in the house. I do slightly miss Sherry yelling at Aiden and Silver, though. It's always funny to see them running away from her. He took another sip. Then another, and another, until he reached the bottom of the glass. He laid his head all way back on the couch, he was too lazy to put the glass away. Ugh... If he wasn't sleeping, I would totally make him put this glass away for me... He looked back at the kitchen, which was a good yard away. "Lu-" he stopped himself. I guess it would be kinda rude to wake him now, especially after all the scars he got from saving me...

Kody lazily stood up and limped towards the kitchen, with the glass in hand. Wait... He looked around, Why am I in the kitchen again? He walked back to the couch. And then immediately facepalmed Oh yeah... To put away the glass! Kody, you idiot... Kody walked over to the kitchen again, and placed the glass next to its siblings. He headed back towards the couch... Until he tripped on a carpet. "Shi-" to catch himself, he tried to hold on to the glasses, but physics disagreed with that action and therefor decided both Kody and the glasses shall hit the floor. The glasses of course, shattered, blocking Kody's path.

Kody looked back up and stared at the glass shards with hatred. Look world, I just wanted water. He groaned. I've been a good noodle! I tucked Lumine in and decided not to wake him up when I could have! Now you're telling me to jump over glass? He stared annoyingly at the large amount of shattered glass on the floor. I don't have the energy to jump over this... He calmed down up, and remembered Lumine. "Lum-" He stopped again. What do I call him? I don't feel like saying his name. Servant? No. Butler? No. Kody sighed. "L-Lumine!" Kody's face turned a bit hotter saying his name. "Lumine! I need your help." No reply. "LUMINE!" Kody shouted with annoyance in his voice. How could anyone be such a heavy sleeper?

"K-Kody? Ah!" Kody heard a thump upstairs. Did that idiot fall out of bed... He shook his head and smiled a little, but quickly returned to his emotionless face. He gets startled way too easily...

"I need your help." Kody said, quickly, Lumine rushed down the stairs.

"What's wrong?! Are you hurt? Can you not rea-" Lumine stopped at the kitchen, just inches away from the sparkly, sharp crystals which laid on the floor. "Oh, you dropped a glass..." Lumine looked closer at the shards. "Or... A few glasses." He shook his head, "Anyway, come over here and I'll clean it up."

Kody spoke a bit quieter, "I... I can't."

"What? Why not?"

"I don't have enough energy to jump over it...." Kody said, trying to avoid eye contact with Lumine.

"Oh... Do you want me to carry you over?" Lumine joked. Kody nodded shyly. "O-Oh, really? I mean, I was joking but... Okay." Lumine had a head start before leaping over the sea of glass. He turned to Kody, "S-So... Um, do you wanna get on my back or um... B-Bridal style?" Lumine asked nerviously.

"The latter." Kody answered. He walked over to Lumine, who picked him up with ease. Kody's eyes widened at how easily Lumine could pick him up. Nobody could be that strong... Kody looked up at Lumine, And yet, he's standing right here...

"U-Um... Hold on tight? I don't want you to fling out of my arms when I land..." Kody gripped Lumine's arms. They both blushed slightly. Once again, Lumine had a head start, and leapt over the glass. He safely landed on the other side of the accident. Their eyes locked for a moment.

I really don't want him to put me down... Kody thought. "You can put me down now." Kody said emotionally. Damn it, why did I say? I could have been in his arms for a solid two more seconds.

"Huh?" Lumine was brought back into reality. "S-Sorry!" Lumine hastily put Kody back on his legs. Kody then turned towards him.

"Could you clean this up?" Kody asked emotionlessly.

"Sure! Where's the broom and stuff?" Lumine asked. Kody pointed towards a closet. Lumine began walking to it. "Thanks!"

"Lumine?" Kody asked. Lumine stopped and turned around.

"Yes, Kody." Lumine asked with a smile on his face.

"I'm going to watch a few movies on the couch... You can lay down there, if you want to... Once you're done."

"Really?" Lumine's grin widened, "Sure!"

"Also... Thank you." Kody said, his cheeks a bit pink. "For carrying me."

"No problem!" Lumine replied. He then rushed over to the supply closet. Kody stared as Lumine's tail wiggled ecstatically.