•Chapter II•

Lumine sat by the window, listening to the gentle rain land on the window. Occasionally he would glance back at the T.V. whenever there was a joke made and smile a little. He looked back at Kody, who was asleep on the couch. Lumine's breathing slowed down and his heart beat a bit faster. What does it mean? He smiled at Kody, When looking at someone makes you feel sick... But in a good way? He shut his eyes and listened to the rain once again. ... But at the same time, they make you feel... Invincible? He closed his eyes, dozing off with the sound of the rain guiding him to his Wonderland.
____________________

Ding-Dong
"Lumine!" A voice shouted from outside. "Lumine! Could you open the door? I don't have the keys!"

Kody awoke and looked over at Lumine. "Lumine." Kody said quietly.

Lumine woke up immediately and rubbed his eyes, "H-Huh? What do... You need?"

"Could you open the door?" Kody asked emotionlessly.

Lumine yawned and stood up, walking towards the door as the doorbell continued to ring endlessly. He unlocked it and was greeted by the sight of Aiden.  "Thanks, Lumine!" Aiden said perkily, he set a few folders on a table nearby and stuck his head out of the front door again. "Sherry! Sherry, do you want me to start packing for you?" Sherry turned towards him slowly.

"Nobody goes into my room." Sherry continued with parking the car.

"... Ehehe..." Aiden turned towards Lumine, "I love her around, but I think she's gonna murder me one day..." Aiden said nervously. Lumine giggled in agreement.

"Wait... Packing? Why are you packing your things?" Lumine asked curiously. Aiden was about to walk upstairs but stopped.

"Oh!" He put his hands together, "Thank you for reminding me! I almost forgot." He turned to both Lumine and Kody, "When you two come back from school tomorrow, there will be no one here."

"Doesn't that happen almost every day?" Kody asked with an unnoticeable amount of sarcasm.

"Well... Yes, but this time it's different!" He picked up a pamphlet and opened it, "Sherry, Silver and I are going to be away for two weeks." He glanced at the folders lying on the table, "We're going to be staying at the Stowne Inn, we have some business to handle near there." Aiden showed them pictures of how it looked on the pamphlet. "It's an enclosed place, but there's still some fun activities nearby!"

Lumine held the pamphlet and Kody looked at it over his shoulder, "How come we don't get to go?" Lumine asked politely, giving Aiden the pamphlet.

"I wanted you two to come, but I thought Kody would pr-"

"I'll go." Kody said, cutting Aiden off.

Both Lumine and Aiden stared at Kody with disbelief. "R-Really? You really want to go?" Lumine asked excitedly, his tail wagging.

"Sure." Kody said, looking off to the side.

"Oh, Kody!" Aiden became very excited, "This is just the beginning! After this we'll go on camping trips, and fishing and maybe we could play mi-" Aiden was interrupted by Kody's glare. "Or... Maybe it'll take a while for you to warm up to that..." Aiden laughed nervously. "Anyways! We leave tomorrow at around 12 p.m, so you should start packing what you need now!" And with that, Aiden giddily walked up the stairs.

Kody began to follow him, but Lumine stopped him, "Why the sudden change of mind?" He asked curiously.

"I'm gonna be missing school for the next two weeks... That's why." Kody answered with a slight smirk, Lumine smiled knowingly. "... It could be fun, too."

"Really?" Lumine looked over at Kody, who nodded, "I never saw you as the type to enjoy traveling!"

"... Again, I'm mostly doing this to skip school." And with that, Kody walked upstairs, into his room. The door shut behind him.

Lumine frowned in disappointment. Darn... I really thought that conversation was going somewhere. Lumine sighed and walked downwards into his room.
____________________

Kody laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling. A half filled suitcase was next to him. He sighed, Aren't road trips supposed to be fun? Kody chewed on the inside of his cheek. His heart began to beat faster and his head began to hurt. ... Then why do I have such a bad feeling about this. He stood up uncertainly and continued to full the suitcase anyway. He heard something move outside his window, yet he turned around only to find nothing.

He slowly turned back to his suitcase and continued to fill it. I could swear there was someone there...
____________________

Aiden held his head in confusion, he kept scanning the file over and over, six. Six. They had six. "You're certain there was seven of them?"

"That's what all the witnesses said." Silver replied.

"Really, every single one of them?" Aiden looked at Silver with a serious face.

"Yes."

Aiden slammed his hands on the table and stood up. "God damn it!" He storm around the room, "Where the hell is he then?" Silver shuddered at Aiden's anger.

"W-We don't have any-"

"You don't understand, Silver!" Aiden stared at him with anger, "The fact that he's free could ruin everything!" He gripped onto the desk, "I tried to stop this, I really did! Elena even warned me! We need to find him!"

"..." Silver was quiet, "Does that mean we-"

"Yes." Aiden turned to Silver.
"Neutralize on sight."
____________________

Elena sat in a chair and looked at herself in a mirror. She slipped off the clips in her hair and put them on more neatly. What am I going to do before he comes? She added a little bit of blush on her cheeks. This is both a gift and a curse. To know events. She moved her hair back behind her ears. The door opened. "I was expecting you to give me some more time." Elena said emotionlessly.

"I was going to... But I thought it would be best to just get this over with, wouldn't you agree?" The figure said. He walked over to Elena and placed him hand on her shoulder.

Elena slapped it off. "Get your disgusting sausage fingers off of me." She said with a tinge of anger. "I'll do it myself, thank you very much." Elena stood up and faced the figure. "By the way..."

"Hm?"

"Your plan isn't going to work." And with that, Elena swiftly hit herself on a nerve near her neck. She fell to the floor unconscious. The figure smirked and put Elena on his back.

We'll just have to see, won't we now?