•Chapter VI•

Warning: This chapter in particular sucks. I dunno why but it greatly lacks in quality compared to my previous chapters. The next one should be significantly better. Also, sorry for not posting in the last few days... I've been really reluctant to write because this chapter is really baddddd

Lumine was taken aback, "What? R-Really? You wouldn't mind sharing a bed?"

"No." Kody looked off to the side. Lumine's eyes sparkled.

"Well, I don't mind if you don't!" Lumine smiled happily.

"But I'm warning you, I move around a lot in my sleep."

"That's totally fine with me!" Lumine continued to beam, "How come you're letting me sleep with you? I was certain you would make me sleep on the floor?" Kody was silent.

"I... I thought it would be bad for your back to sleep on the floor." Goddammit, Kody. Who would believe that excu-

"Oh! That's... Unusually considerate of you." Lumine grinned, "Are you sure you're not trying to make me fork over that money Aiden gave to me?"

"What? No- I mean... Is it too late to charge rent?" Kody smiled slyly and Lumine laughed once again. The front door opened, with Silver and Aiden carrying the rest of their stuff. Silver walked over to Lumine and handed his backpack over to him.

"Here you are Lumine! You don't pack heavy, do you?" Silver looked over at Kody, "Unlike someone who decided to stuff their whole room in their suitcase..." Silver coughed and Lumine smiled.

"How was I supposed to know what to bring?" Kody defended, Silver smiled nervously.

"Sorry, Kody. It was just a joke." Kody looked down in slight annoyance.

"C'mon, Lumine... Let's unpack your stuff."

"Um..." Lumine picked up his backpack with ease, to show how little there was inside. "I can do it myself, Kody. There's not much stuff in here."

"The faster it's all unpacked, the faster I can sleep." With you. Kody shook his head. What? Who said that? It wasn't me.

Lumine shrugged and walked to their room, with Kody following closely.
____________________
A/N Oof I'm gonna try doing some first person stuff... I dunno if you noticed but third person omniscient has been my go-to... Tell me which you prefer, cause I think all my writing sucks but there's like 30 people who disagree so...

I sat on the chair in the room and placed the backpack on the desk in front of it. Kody walked over to me and watched as I opened the backpack. There were clothes on the top layer. "Since clothes take a while to hang up properly, I'll do them." I turned to Kody, "Could you do everything else?" He nodded and took all the clothes out out my backpack, placing them on the desk. He then rummaged through the remaining contents of my backpack. I picked up the clothes and walked over to the closet.

The hangers were the flimsy ones made of thin metal. I'm gonna end up bending all of these, aren't I... I picked up the hanger and unbuttoned one of the dress shirts in the pile, I proceeded to slip it onto the hanger. Unbutton, put on hanger, hang. Unbutton, put on hanger, hang.

I turned around when I noticed that the noises behind me suddenly stopped. Kody was sitting on the bed, watching me. "Uh... Kody?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you staring at me?" Kody's eyes suddenly darted from left to to right, until they landed on the bathroom door.

"I need to use the bathroom." Kody quickly stood up and rushed inside, the door lightly shutting behind him. I shrugged and went back to hanging up my clothes. A smile randomly appeared on my face.

He's really stupid sometimes...
~
I swiftly and quickly shut the bathroom door behind me. My back was against it. I slowly slid down it until I was curled up in a ball, my head resting atop my knees. How can you do something like that to a person? I hit my head against my knee, And without trying, at that? I calmed down and put my hands on my head.

I barely know him. Nonetheless, I still act this way around him. I sighed. Whyyyyy are emotiooonnnssss sooo difficultttt to understanddddd... I looked up at the mirror. Do I seriously need to make a plan for this sort of thing? I looked over at the toilet paper, and took a few squares off. I pulled out a pen I had in my pocket. Apparently, yes I do... With shame, I wrote down "#1" on the first square. Shit. I facepalmed. Flowers? Chocolate? I banged my head against the door again.

I'm hopeless.
____________________

Night had fallen on the inn, the stars shone, and the moon's glow was brighter than usual.

Lumine had fallen asleep, his legs were falling down the side of the bed and his body rested atop. "That idiot..." Kody whispered to himself, "Does he expect me to carry him in the right spot?" Kody rolled his eyes and walked over to Lumine, picking his up. Dammit. Kody thought, He's adorable even when he has drool running down his cheek... Kody reluctantly placed Lumine on the right side of the bed. He lifted up his hand and placed it softly in Lumine's hair. So soft... Kody shook his head and laid next to Lumine, they were back to back.

Kody closed his eyes and was moments away from drifting off the sleep, until he felt a pair of arms wrap him from behind. Kody was still. holycrapheshuggingmeholycrapheshuggingmeholycraphes... Kody took a deep breath. Slowly and gently, he faced Lumine. He chewed on the inside of his cheek.

He curled into Lumine's chest. Kody listened to his heartbeat. A smile graced his lips. Maybe one day we can do this... When you're awake? Kody closed his eyes and listen to the chirping of the crickets. He moved closer to Lumine.

They both slept with ease.
____________________

Like it did every day, the sun climbed over the horizon, and shone its radiant beam of light over the inn.

Lumine eyes opened slowly, and he was immediately greeted with a warm feeling on his chest. He looked down and his cheeks became pink. He pulled his arms away from Kody and rushed out of bed. He opened the closet door and pulled out a shirt, jacket and hoodie. Lumine then walked into the bathroom to change.

Kody had woken up a few minutes after Lumine had. He tried to squeeze Lumine's arms but was disappointed when he felt nothing there. He opened his eyes and rolled over to the edge of the bed. Lumine then came out of the bathroom.

"Oh, you're awake?" Lumine asked, "You usually wake up a lot later..." He snickered, walking towards the door. Kody put his hand behind his head.

"Wanted to see you a little earlier today." Lumine stopped.

"What?"

"Nothing. I didn't say anything." Lumine looked at Kody with confusion. After a moment, he turned back and left their room.

Kody stuffed a pillow in his face. whydoisuckatflirtingsobadimneverdoingthatagainughhhhhh