•Chapter IV•

"Kody?"

Kody's eyes snapped open, and he sat up. He touched above his cheek, his eyes felt wet. "Kody, why were you smiling... And crying?" Lumine stood on his knee and touched Kody's forehead. "Do you have a fever?" Kody's face was hot from his dream, and Lumine standing there wasn't helping. He tried to wear his emotionless mask again.

"N-No... I... I think I was sleeping in a weird position? Or I got up too fast? I dunno, there's probably some sort of scientific explanation..." Kody lightly picked up Lumine's hand and took it off of his forehead. He stood up and walked towards the stairs, "Thanks for checking, anyway..." Kody looked down, trying to hide his face, "I'm gonna go see what's taking dad so long..." he speed walked up the stairs and headed for the bathroom.
____________________

Ugh... Kody splashed more cold water in his face. I just want to get that dream out of my head...

Why would you? Didn't you like it?

I... Of course I didn't...

I'm your conscience, you can't lie to me.

I'm not lying! I just... Don't know.

Then let me give you the answer, how about that?

I'm not trusting a voice in my head for advice on a relation with someone.

Tch... Well, I'm you! So you just insulted yourself! Hah!

I... What do I do?

Isn't it obvious?

If it was obvious, why would I be asking you?

Win him over.

Kody looked in the mirror, he remembered the feeling of the snow,white hair under his chin. His face got hotter. He remembered looking into those beautiful blue and yellow eyes. His face got hotter. He remembered the feeling of Lumine curling into his shoulder. His face got hotter. He quickly splashed more cold water in his face. He wanted to punch a wall. Ugh! He started to chew on the inside of his cheek. Why do I feel this way? Why did Lumine have to come into my life and ruin the plan I made for the rest of it? His mind was silent.

... Why did I have to fall in love with him?
____________________

Lumine sat patiently on the couch, he swung his legs back and forth as he waited for Kody and Aiden to come down. Silver and Sherry were already outside, and everyone's stuff was already in the car. Lumine stood up when he heard the sounds of two people walking down the stairs. "Are you two ready to go?" Lumine walked over to Kody to whisper something in his ear, "I checked around the house... There was nobody. And it didn't look like anyone was living outside." Kody nodded and walked outside towards the car.

"Sorry we took so long, I was trying to contact someone." Aiden looked down at his 15 calls of which Elena didn't pick up.

"Did you manage to get a hold of them?" Lumine asked curiously.

"No." Elena must've already been taken... "Lumine, I need a favor." Lumine turned towards Aiden nervously.

"Wh-What is it?" Aiden's face was a lot more serious than usual.

"When we arrive, I need you to keep a very close eye on Kody." Aiden turned towards the door, "I know I fired you and all, but I have a bad feeling about this." Aiden quickly shook his head, "... Anyway, c'mon!" Lumine hurriedly ran towards the car and Aiden was left to lock the front door.
____________________

Lumine and Kody sat in the back of the van, Silver sat in the middle, Aiden sat in the passenger seat, and Sherry was the unfortunate one left to drive. Aiden whined, "How come Silver gets a whole row to himself?" Silver immediately laid down in the three seats and grinned slyly.

"Um, because I'm amazing? Isn't that obvious?" Silver exaggerated his comfort to annoy Aiden, "Ah~ A whole three seats, all to me~ Whatever shall I do with all this room?"

Aiden whined again, "Sherr-"

"AIDEN ITS TOO EARLY IN THE MORNING FOR ME TO BE PUTTING UP WITH YOUR BULLCRAP, SHUT THE HELL UP OR IM THROWING YOU OUT OF THE CAR."

Aiden pouted, "It's not fair..."

Kody rolled his eyes, "Tch... You two are too childish." Silver turned towards Kody, feeling attacked.

"Oh yeah? Well you're too... Adultish!" Aiden stuck his tongue out, Sherry decided to start driving, and Silver fell to the floor of the car. Lumine giggled. Kody turned to him in slight annoyance.

"Why are you laughing?" Kody squinted.

"Well, he's not wrong... You're a lot more reclusive than most children your age." Lumine said honestly. Kody took that as a challenge.

"I-I can be social! I can have fun, too!" Kody pouted slightly.

"Kody, it's not necessarily a bad thi-"

"You just watch me, Lumine! I can have twenty times more fun than you can!" Kody clenched his fists. Lumine smirked.

"Fine then!" Lumine pointed at Kody, "I challenge you, Kody..." he poked Kody's chest, "To a fun-off!"

"I accept!" Kody moved closer to Lumine. "Prepare to lose!"

In the distance, a figure was watching the car. Aiden wasn't certain, but he thought he saw the figure transform into something...
____________________

Sherry sighed in relief as she saw the sign for the inn. Any more of Aiden and Silver's crap and she was actually going to drive the car into a lake. Sherry pulled into the parking lot and found a parking spot, they were quite plentiful. I guess not many people stay here this time of season. She parked the car and locked the doors. "Alright, Lu-" Aiden covered Sherry's mouth quickly.

"Sherry, look!" Aiden pointed to the back row. Lumine and Kody had fallen asleep on each other. Kody's head was resting on Lumine's, and Lumine's head was resting on Kody's shoulder. His hand was on Kody's knee.

Sherry turned around and was a bit confused, "So?" She whispered.

"So... I need to take pictures of this, first!" Aiden reached for his phone, "Many pictures..."

"What? Why?" Sherry looked at him with confusion.

"To tease Kody about this later, obviously!" Aiden said while taking a few pictures. Sherry detached her seatbelt.

"You're evil sometimes, Aiden..." Sherry took the keys out of the ignition, "I like that about you." Sherry smirked and opened the car door.

"Hehe, I know~" Aiden turned towards Silver, "Silver, could you wake them up? I need to review this pictures..." Aiden said with an evil grin.

"Huh? Oh, sure." Silver turned around and shook Kody, "Hey, wake up, you two." Kody's eyes opened slowly.
.
"Oh... We're here, then?" Kody shook Lumine, "Hey, wake up." He shook Lumine a little harder, "We're here, you can wake up." Nothing. Kody shook with a lot more force. "We're here!" Lumine's eyes snapped open and, to Kody's dismay, Lumine lifted his head off of Kody's shoulder.

Lumine shook his head, he was still a bit dazed. "We..." Lumine yawned, "We're... here?" Lumine rubbed one of his eyes. Kody nodded. "Oh..." Lumine slowly stepped out of the van. He kept moving back and forth. Kody followed him. They walked towards the inn.

Lumine started walking faster as he opened his eyes more. He let out one last yawn. Kody slightly grinned at him. They all arrived inside. Aiden, Sherry and Silver walked over to the receptionist desk. Kody and Lumine sat on a couch nearby. Welp. Kody thought, I wonder how this'll all end up.