•Chapter XVII•

Remember to leave a vote- and remember to comment! I love reading your comments!
____________________
Lumine flew backwards. The back of his neck hit a chair, which he knocked over. He weakly lifted himself off the ground and held his cheek in pain. "Wh-Why did you-" once again, his sentence was interrupted by another slap from his mother.

This time she hit Lumine's forehead, and it began to throb. As Giselle picked up a chair, tears pooled in his eyes. "Wh-Why-" Giselle had brought down the heavy chair onto skull, making a loud thud echo throughout the small room.

Lumine scooted back once again, his back now facing the corner.

Is she going to kill me?
_____________________

Kody slowly lifted the fork once again, placing the piece of sad egg in his mouth. He chewed it softly.

Ugh... It's not nearly as good as Lumine makes them. He stabbed another piece of the boiled egg and observed it. He's been outside for so long... Kody looked behind him, out the window. He rolled his eyes as he swallowed the egg. He's gonna get himself kidnapped if he stays out there for that long.

He felt a tinge of pain as he thought that. He looked over at the wolf plush, which rested lazily on the bed. Why did I bring that again? He looked down at the empty plate underneath his chin and sighed. Kody stood up and picked up the glass plate, gently placing it in the kitchen's sink. He walked back in his room and flopped on the bed, reaching for his wolf toy.

He looked up in confusion as he couldn't feel the soft faux fur which was connected to the plush. He sat up from the bed and quickly scanned the room.

I thought...? Wasn't it on the bed like a second ago?
_____________________

Blow after blow- Lumine took each hit his mother let down and him, and yet he refused to fight back.

There were scratches and cuts littered throughout his face. Blood even seeping through one or two of them.

Lumine put his arm up in preparation for the next strike. "Wh-Why are you doing this?!" He yelled through choked sobs.

Giselle lowered the chair she held, letting out a psychotic laugh. "Why?!"  She threw the chair on the wooden floor, and it broke. She walked over to Lumine and lifted him up by his collar. "Because you're walking around, giddily holding hands with a pathetic fucking witch!" She slammed him against the cobblestone wall. Lumine barely had enough energy to scream, yet he managed tiny yelps. Blood dripped from the back of his head.

"Wh-What's wrong w-with witches?!"

Giselle answered quickly, "Everything, you pathetic welp!" Lumine was slammed against the dresser. The T.V. fell and was shattered because of the vibrations.

Lumine was curled up in a ball now, and the room was almost silent. Lumine let out quiet sobs as Giselle continued to heave angry and tired breaths. However, she quickly regained her composure.

She forced another sociopathic smile upon her perfect face. "Now... How much does he 'love' you?" She put air quotes around the word love.

Lumine looked up in fear, hesitant to talk. "He... He'll come and save me from you." Lumine didn't have a chance to escape. Giselle alone was already stronger than him.

Giselle's smile widened. "Oh... That's unfortunate." She took a big breath to calm herself down. "It seems I'll have to take that extra step, after all."

"Wh-What do you-"

"Congratulations!" Giselle clasped her hands together, "You get to see your 'boyfriend' one last time!" Lumine was confused.