•Chapter XIII•

A/N Waddup homesicles! It's ya boi, SpectrumEclipsed! I just wanted to tell you all I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AHHH! ❤️❤️ You seriously have no idea how much it means to me that people read my story I love you so much ahh! I just wanted to remind you to upvote every chapter and please leave comments! I read every single one of them, and I love reading them!!! That's it for now 😚
____________________

I wanted to be the little spoon...

Kody continued to play around with his boyfriend's hair. He curled the locks around his finger and released them with a slight bounce. Both Lumine and Kody had awoken about half an hour ago- yet neither of them had moved out of bed, as they did not want to stop spooning.

"Mmm... Kody, we should probably get out of bed now."

"Whaaaat~?" Kody whined. "But there's nothing important we have to do..."

Lumine rolled his eyes with a smirk, "Mhm, because eating isn't one of the main aspects of surviving." And Kody was defeated. Lumine gently slipped out of his warm embrace. "The sooner we eat, the sooner we can get back to cuddling~" Lumine said, the tip of his tail lightly grazing over Kody's arm.

Kody's eyes widened slightly, and his movements quickened. "Now that you mention it, I'm really hungry..." Kody hastily rose from the bed, "Mmm, I sure would hate to miss the most important meal of the day."

Lumine giggled and lightly kissed Kody's cheek, and as per usual, Kody reddened. "S-Shut up, Lumine..." Lumine giggled again.

"What? I didn't say anything." Lumine replied slyly.

Kody rolled his eyes as his cheeks reverted back to their natural hue. He opened the door to find their three guardians at the main door, ready to leave. "Oh, you're awake..." Sherry said. Aiden looked over at the two with a worried expression.

"Oh! Um..." Aiden looked over at his coworkers, trying to find a way out of the situation, "W-We'll be back." And they hastily left the room.

There was an awkward silence in the room, before it was interrupted by Lumine. "... That was weird." He looked over at Kody, who now sat at the dining table. "They seemed like... They were in distress?"

Kody shrugged, "Not our problem." He rhythmically tapped on the table, "They always have it handled."

Lumine stood in place for a little while while longer, before shaking his head. "Anyway, what do you want to eat?" Lumine asked.

Kody thought for a moment, "How about..." His eyes darted around the room, hoping the answer would be on a neon sign, "An omelette?" Kody answered, looking back at Lumine. Lumine nodded in reply.

"Just give me a few minutes."
____________________

The cat of shadow rubbed it's head against the back of Kody's hand. "I-I'm so sorry..." The boy choked, "I-I didn't mean t-to..." The boy looked down at his hands, which were now forever stained with the color red.

The cat continued to rub against him, and he could feel it purring lightly. "I-I can make it up to you, right?" He pet the cat's head, "I-I can..."

"I could have you stay with with me?"
____________________

Kody rolled his eyes. Ugh, is this the table of horrible memories or something? He looked back at his lover, who was sprinting back and forth from the stove to the countertop. He watched as Lumine's tail wagged from left to right- Kody felt that warm glow return to his cheeks once again.