•Chapter XI•

Author's Note: Thank you all for 1000 reads! I'm so happy so many people clicked on my story and read through it! Love you all! ❤️
____________________

Kody reached for another nacho, but, to his disappointment, the plate was empty. He sighed in disappointment and stood up. Lumine wiped his fingers with a napkin and also stood up. "So, which ride should we go on next?" Lumine asked with excitement. Kody looked down at his watch and then back at Lumine.

"It's 7:15. We should meet up with the others." Kody answered.

"We have 15 minutes! We can totally squeeze in one more ride." Lumine objected.

"The only one we have left to go on is the ferris wheel. Besides, I heard they do fireworks every day at 9. We can go then."

Lumine sighed, disappointed. Kody rolled his eyes and walked towards the meeting stop. "Come on." Lumine followed closely behind.
____________________

Sherry crossed her arms, looking for the two boys as an eagle looked for it's prey. In a few seconds, they came into view, and her expression softened. "They're here." She said, beginning to walk towards them.

Aiden's eyes widened as he looked in her direction, he spotted his son and his b... Friend. "Kody! Lumine!" He shouted, sprinting over to them, "How were the rides?" He asked.

Lumine perked up, "They were really fun! And I didn't vomit even once! And I tried cotton candy for the first time!" Content, Lumine grinned from ear to ear.

"That's great, Lumine!" Silver said, "How about you, Kody?"

"... It was okay."

There was an awkward pause between the group of people, but luckily, it was interrupted by a clap of Aiden's hands. "Alright, who's ready to go fishing?"

Lumine immediately raised his hand, "Me!" He raised his other hand as well, "Double me!"

Aiden looked over at Kody, who in turn, rolled his eyes. "... Me, I guess."

"Alright!" Aiden said, walking in the direction of the lake. He turned back towards the group. "Shall we be off, then?" With that, the group walked towards the fish-filled pond.
____________________

As the group of people approached as a shack, a woman greeted them. She was plump and appeared to be middle aged. She greeted the group with a smile, anyway. "Hello! Looking to rent a canoe?" She asked happily.

Aiden nodded, "Yes! How much is a boat for six people? Rented for an hour?" Aiden asked as he took out his wallet.

The woman nodded, "That'll be 35 dollars!" Aiden looked down at his wallet and started picking out bills.

"... 13, 14, 15!" Aiden pulled the dollar bills out of his wallet and swiftly handed them to the woman. She placed the money in a register and looked back up at the group.

"The third boat from the right is waiting for you outside!" The woman said with a nod of her head. Aiden and the others left the shack and Aiden waved goodbye.

"Thank you! Have a great day!" Aiden said with a smile, and in reply, the woman simply nodded.

The group approached a dock and, as the woman had said, the third boat from the right was waiting for them. On the floor of the canoe, there were two fishing rods, a small cooler of bait, and extra fishing line. There were also two stereotypical fishing hats on the seats. Aiden quickly picked one up and placed one on his own head.

Lumine picked one up and was about to put it on, but looked back at Kody and placed it on him instead. Kody looked up at him with his usual expression. "... What's this for?" He asked.