•Chapter XVI•

Sup homesiclesssss! Your favorite author is here with another chapteerrrrrrr
Remember to leave a vote and comment! I really love reading your comments!
____________________

The room fell silent- and the world felt to have stopped spinning.

Lumine stood there, his eyes wider than they usually were. He was overwhelmed with confusion.

"... What...?" Lumine asked meekly. His heart pounded hard. Did I... Mishear her?

"I gave birth to you." Giselle repeated.

Lumine stumbled back even more. He looked down and held his head in his hands. "D-Does that mean y-you're-"

"Yes, Lumine." Giselle started. She stood back up, her blue eyes glimmering in the light.

"I'm your mother."

Lumine sat silently as his eyes began to pool with tears. Giselle slowly walked over to him and held him in a comforting embrace. "Don't cry." She pulled away from him and smiled, "I'm here, now."

"H-How do I know you're telling the truth?" Lumine questions, his voice shaking and his knees quivering.

Giselle smiled again. She reached inside her shirt and pulled something out-

A necklace.

"I don't know if you realized, but they were handcrafted." She hesitated, thinking carefully about her next words, "By your father."

Lumine clutched his own necklace, his heart pounding rapidly and his tears sliding down his cheeks. So many more questions had spun throughout his mind. Where? When? Why? How? He needed answers.

"Wh... Wh-" He choked. The words couldn't come out. My throat feels jammed... But there are so many things I need to ask her!

"Shh..." Giselle gently brushed her hand through Lumine's hair. "Rest, for now..." She pulled away, lightly kissing Lumine's forehead, "There will be time for questions later."

Slowly, she walked towards the door, where Lumine had came from. She opened it and stuck her head out, beckoning someone to come towards her. "Jhon, could you take Lumine to his room?"

A man quickly rushed over to Lumine's mother, who sat back down in her chair. He entered the room and smiled at Lumine, the light reflecting off of his glasses. "Follow me."

Lumine quickly glanced back at his mother, who nodded. "We'll talk soon." She said. Her angelic voice rung throughout the small room.

Lumine gulped and looked back at the man, who continued to smile patiently. He waved goodbye to his mother and walked through the door. Jhon shut the door behind him.

The room was silent once again, excluding the ticking of a clock. Slowly, Giselle pulled out a notebook from her desk, the cover of it scraping against the oaken wood. She opened the journal to a specific page, scribbling something down with a pen.

•Step 1
Complete
____________________

Jhon slowly walked towards Lumine's room. Lumine followed him, his head and eyes scanning every inch of the building. He caught up to Jhon and tapped on his shoulder.

"Hm?" Jhon asked with a smile.

"I-I was wondering... Could you go into more detail about this, um... 'Organization?'" Lumine asked, putting air quotes around "organization."

Jhon stopped, he rested his chin on his fist, "Hm... To be honest, I'm not entirely sure." He scratched his head, "Snow has an 'inner circle,' and those are the people that know most about how we get money and stuff like that!" Jhon cleared his throat, "In short, Snow finds work for us and she pays us through... Other methods."