•Chapter XV•

Remember to leave comments! I love reading them! <3
____________________

Kody jolted up from the bed. The room was silent, besides the sound of raindrops hitting the window.

There was something wrong.

He stood up, tossing the blanket back towards the bed. He looked out the window, not knowing what he was looking for. Why am I feeling this way? He continued to look out the window, and his heart began racing.

... I'm sure it's nothing. Kody told himself. He sat back on the bed and rewrapped himself with the blanket. He took a pillow and held it close, pretending it was Lumine. You'll do for now, pillow. But Lumine is number one cuddler. Kody yawned.

He'll be back soon, after all.

Lightning struck.
____________________

Lumine bit his lip. This is such a terrible idea. He chewed on the inside of his cheek. Ohhhhhh... I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die. The two were silent, yet the tension was high.

"You can calm down, I'm not gonna hurt you." The man said, trying to comfort Lumine. I can't say the same about her, though. He thought.

Lumine continued to stay silent, not wanting to let his guard down. Despite this, he let out a loud sigh. Why do I get myself into these situations?! Why didn't I just walk away...? Lumine banged his head on a window.

I'm such an idiot.
____________________

The man cleared his throat. "We're here."

Lumine shuddered and looked outside the window. There was a large factory-type building. It seemed abandoned, and the exterior was on the brink of falling apart.

Or so it seemed.

Lumine clutched his necklace again. "I-I take it back- I don't w-want to meet this person!" Lumine turned towards the man, "T-Take me back!"

The man sighed. "I'm sorry..." he pulled out a gun from a compartment, and pointed it at Lumine, "My instructions were to bring you back. I don't want to use force, but if I have to..." the man scoffed, "I'll only get a slap on the wrist."

Lumine was unmoving. He wouldn't be able to go move out of the way fast enough. His fate was sealed.

The man got out the car first, pointing the gun at Lumine's shoulder the whole time. He walked over to the back door and opened it. Lumine cautiously stepped out. He didn't dare to make a wrong move.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're cooperating so well!" He walked over to one of the building's doors. Lumine followed him.

The man used his other arm to bang on the door in a rhythmic pattern. After a few moments, a mail slot slid open. Lumine heard whispers from the other side but couldn't make out what they were.

"08252004." The man whispered.

08252004? Lumine thought. The door opened and the man stepped back from it, beckoning Lumine to go first- which he did. What does that mean?
____________________

Inside the building was nothing like the outside. It was pristine and everything looked new. There place smelled of a calming rain- there must've been air fresheners everywhere.

But the inside didn't look like a factory at all. It resembled an office more- but more open.

Before Lumine could fully grasp the situation, the man continued to push him forward, pointing the gun at Lumine the whole time. "C'mon... Keep going." and Lumine continued to walk forward.

This continued for a while until he had reached a door.

It looked like an ordinary door, there was nothing special about it. Nothing that should make it pop out at you, but for some reason, it called to Lumine.

The man stepped in front of Lumine and opened the door. He could only see what was inside for a split second before he was pushed in.

Lumine fell on the floor and heard the door slamming behind him. He heard footsteps walking up to him. But before they could reach him, he stood up and backed up against a wall. "L-Leave me alone!" Lumine yelled with tears in his eyes.

The fighre- a woman- laughed and walked closer to Lumine. "I'm not going to hurt you." She said calmly. Her voice was soft and sweet, it was a voice which could only being to the purest of people. She took Lumine's hand. Her hands were soft and warm, but despite this, they felt... Cold.

Lumine immediately jerked his hands away and wiped his tears, finally getting a clear look at the woman.

The first thing he noticed was that she had dog ears- there was little doubt in his mind she was a werewolf, and not a weredog.

Next, he stared in awe at the woman's long and snow white hair. Many of them had turned grey, though. She must be old... Lumine thought.

Lastly, he stared into her loving- yet cold- blue eyes.

"You don't have to be afraid of me." The woman walked towards a desk, and sat down in a chair. "I suppose I should start with answering any questions you have, shouldn't I?" She said.

Lumine could barely get the words out, "W-What... What is this place?" Lumine asked meekly.

"Ah." She started, "This an organization of werewolves and special weredogs. We hide from those who want to sell us."

That... Doesn't seem like a bad thing. "Why was I brought here?" Lumine asked, speaking up a little.

"To join us." She replied with haste.

"Who asked me to come here?"

There was an eerie silence in the room, "I did." The woman answered.

Another silence overtook the room- before being broken by Lumine. "A-And..." Lumine took a calming breath, "And who are you?"

The woman thought about her next words. "I'm Giselle. The CEO of this organization." She paused, "But I got the nickname 'Snow,' for... Obvious reasons." She gestured to her white hair. "So you can call me that, too." She said sweetly.

I... Can't think of anymore questions right now. "I want to go back." Lumine stated.

Giselle frowned, "But you haven't given me a chance to tell you about-"

"I don't care." Lumine seethed, "I want to go back."

Giselle stood up her chair and walked over to Lumine, gently placing her hands on Lumine's shoulder. Lumine quickly stepped back, letting them fall to her sides.

A memory struck Lumine, "I... I have one more question, actually."

Giselle smiled lightly again. "Yes?"

"What does 08252004 mean? If it means anything at all?"

She grinned widely, even letting out a little giggle. "Why, it's your birthday!" She snickered, "August 25th, 2004!"

Lumine was at a loss for words, "W-What?! How do you know that?!"

Giselle stopped laughing, and returned to her usual soft smile- but this time it was different... This time it was genuine. "How...?" She squatted to match Lumine's height. She stared directly into his eyes,

"Because I gave birth to you, of course."
____________________

Remember to leave a comment and upvote this chapter! =P
Should I do a Q n' A? Do you want one?

Stalk me on my social medias!
Lumine Amino: 💫MidnightEclipsed💫
Instagram: @_smol_n_salty_
Twitter: @MidnighEclipsed

Thanks for reading! Until next time! Bye!! ❤️