•Chapter XXVII•

WUGGSUWBUHWBUGWBHUWBUHWBGUBWHUBEUHNEU IM SO SORRY ABOUT THE WAITTT
I'm so sorry! As of August 20th, I became a freshman in high school, and it moves soooo much faster than middle school. I did take another break, but i'm trying to go back into a consistent schedule =^=
tldr; please bear with me, i'm trying ;-;
January Edit: This chapter has been revised and reuploaded.
════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Everything had happened so fast.

First, pleasure... Pleasure and freedom.

Then, a loud bang.

And then another... This one leaving Kody on the floor, blood leaking out of his shoulder.

It was not a catastrophe, this situation would definitely be referred to as a wolf-astrophe.

"Kody!" Aiden yelled. There was yet another gunshot, and Aiden yelped again.

Sherry let out a small gasp, but very quickly that expression changed. Her facial expressions morphed into a scowl, and she swiftly transformed into her weredog form, tackling Giselle, who became a werewolf herself only moments before.

Aiden's legs felt weak, as if they were ready to shatter at the slightest gust of wind. He felt cold, and he shivered. Is he... Aiden's mind dared not to finish that thought. Tears had already began forming in the adult witch's eyes. Had he really just lost his son, right after finding him?

Lumine dove down to the floor, kneeling so quick his knees began to bleed. He wrapped his hands behind Kody's skull, it was evident by Lumine's choked look that he was trying his best not to weep. "K-Kody?" The werewolf boy tried to yell, but his vocal chords wouldn't allow it.

Sherry's eyes rapidly focused on the two teenagers. "Lumine!" Sherry roared. The werewolf, terrified, looked back at Sherry. "Take him out of the o-" Before Sherry could finish her sentence, Giselle's sharp teeth clamped down on her neck, making a crunching noise echo throughout the room.

Lumine, still shaking, weakly lifted Kody onto his right shoulder, slowly moving him to somewhere slightly safer. There were repetitive growls and whines coming from the fighting were-creatures, but all Lumine could think about was his injured boyfriend, and the fighting became white noise. He set Kody down ever so gently. There was now a partition separating the teenagers from the chaos happening just feet away. Lumine softly put his left hand on Kody's cheek; who, as if by magic, opened his eyes and held Lumine's left hand.

Blood seeped quickly the bullet wound. "L... Lumi- Ah!" Kody winced in pain, letting go of Lumine's hand. He held the shoulder he was shot in, and looked up at Lumine with a distressed look. "It... It hurts so bad..."

"I know... I-I'm so sorry... I..." Lumine stood up, desperately looking for anything soft that could temporarily fill Kody's wound. After pushing off pencils and staplers from a desktop, he found a hidden box of kleenex tissues. Hurriedly, he took the box and set it down next to Kody, taking out all the tissues and clogging the injured area. Kody almost immediately let out a sigh of relief, causing Lumine to let one out too.

Many moments passed as Lumine watched the tissues become a crimson red. The fighting noises began to inch closer and closer. Lumine bit his lip, nervous. How are we gonna get out of this?

"How... How are we gonna get out of this...?" Kody asked weakly, as if reading his other half's mind.

Lumine sighed, a slight frown began to form on his face. "I really have no clue..." Lumine looked once more at the blood-soaked kleenex. His eyes widened almost instantaneously, and a memory resurfaced-