•Chapter X•

"Mmm~" Lumine moaned, the delectable pink treat melting in his mouth. He ripped another piece of cotton candy off of the stick, "Where have you been all my life?" He asked rhetorically, placing the wad into his mouth.

Kody rolled his eyes and did the same. How did he not know about cotton candy until now? He looked over at the energetic and happy being, so carefree and loving. Who in their right mind would abandon someone like him? Kody's train of thought was interrupted by Lumine standing up.

"Alright! I think I've regained enough energy for another ride." Lumine said happily. "How about you choose this one, Kody?"

Kody looked around, his eyes scanning the park. "Hmm." He stood up, placing the last piece of cotton candy into his mouth. He used the white stick to point to a ride. "That one. It's called the spider. It's probably the scariest ride here." He looked over at Lumine with a smirk, "Don't worry, it's not vomit-inducing, though..." He disposed of the stick into a trash can, "... Most of the time." He said quietly. Kody began to walk towards the ride, and Lumine followed eagerly.

"The spider?" Lumine questioned, "It looks a lot more... Octopus-sy to me." Kody shrugged.

"Yeah, I would definitely not have chosen to name it 'The Spider,' it looks more like an octopus." As they went to the back of the line, they noticed Aiden, Sherry and Silver ahead of them. "Shh, if we're quiet they won't notice-"

"Kody!" Aiden shouted excitedly, Kody sighed as he approached the two, "How are you two enjoying the park so far?"

"It was great!" Lumine exclaimed, "I just had cotton candy for the first time, it was great!"

"He almost hurled after the Tilt-A-Whirl." Kody added.

"Haha, those are indeed the icons of amusement parks!" Aiden put his hands on his hips, "Candy and vomit!"

"Aideeennnnn!" Silver yelled. Aiden turned around, "Come over here or you're gonna be alone!"

"Ack!" Aiden raced back towards Silver and Sherry, "Bye!" He waved towards Lumine and Kody.

"Your dad is weird, but like a good weird."

"Yeah."

The line continued to move forwards, and the boys rode in the same group and their guardians. Aiden waved as Lumine and Kody took their seats. Lumine waved back, and Kody rolled his eyes, jumping onto his seat. Lumine followed him, and pulled the bars down. They sat there for a little longer, and people continued to fill the seats around them. The ride began slow, but Lumine's heart still raced. Unlike the Tilt-A-Whirl, the Spider was angled at 45°, and because of the way the seats were attached to the ride's long legs, eat seat turned upside down as it came to the peak.

The ride quickly sped up, and Lumine, afraid that the bar might fall off if he were to hold onto it, had nothing to grip. "K-Kody! I'm gonna die!" Lumine saw something fly out of one of the seats ahead of him- someone had vomited, which did not help Lumine's current state of panic. "KODY, WE'RE GONNA DIE!" Lumine swiftly wrapped his arms around Kody's torso. As the ride sped up even more, Lumine gripped even harder. Kody made an "Oof" noise and placed his hands over Lumine's arms, pulling them away from his stomach.

"You'll be fine, trust me." Kody smiled softly at Lumine, and for a second, the world stopped...

Until the ride went at full speed. Immediately, Both Lumine and Kody held onto the steel bar, the only force keeping them from falling to their deaths.

Their both screamed at the top of their lungs, joining the 15 or so other passengers. Their flailed their arms about aimlessly, in both excitement and fear. This continued for about a minute more. Eventually, the boys' lungs became tired, and they were left to sit awkwardly as the ride made them more and more dizzy.

The ride slowed down, and eventually stopped. The boys got off and began to stumble around ever so slightly. They quickly became reoriented and were as normal.

"That ride was a lot more fun!"

"You thought you were going to die not ever three seconds into it..."

"... Alright, you win this one."

They heard groaning from behind, and turned to see their guardians a mess. "Ughhhhh..." Sherry started, "I need to vomit..."

"Aaaaaa..." Silver hit a lamp post, "I'm gonna pass out..."

Aiden looping was pointing and laughing at birds. With a snicker, Kody took his phone out and recorded the wonderful event."I can't wait to tease them about this later." As they wandered away, Kody put his phone back in his pocket and turned back towards Lumine. "So..."

"Where to next?"
____________________

The two boys had almost done every activity- from bumper cars to mini golf. I thought mini golf was boring? Kody pondered, That was probably the most fun thing here.

"Hey, can we eat and then go on the remaining rides?" Lumine asked. Kody nodded and looked around for another booth.

Kody pointed at a structure, "There." He began to walk towards it, with Lumine following closely behind.

As they approached the booth, they stood behind two people who were also in line. Kody turned towards Lumine, "I'm gonna get the nachos, you want the same?" Lumine nodded, "With or without jalapeños?" Lumine thought for a moment.

"With?" Kody nodded as the person in front of them left with their food.

"Hello!" A bald man with a beard happily greeted, "What would you two like today?" He asked.

Kody held up his index and middle finger, "Two nachos. Both with jalapeños." Lumine elbowed his shoulder. "... Please." The man smiled and turned around to look for a paper plate.

He gave up his search and went back towards the counter, "Sorry, is one jumbo size okay?" Both Kody and Lumine nodded. In a moment or two, the man rang a bell and handed Kody the nachos, who, in turn, handed the man three dollars. "Have a great day!" As Kody began to walk towards a table, Lumine turned back towards the man with a smile.

"Thanks! You too!" Lumine sat beside Kody and watched him lift a nacho in his mouth, the cheese ever so slightly escaping his lips. "Oh... I've never had nachos like these before." Kody turned towards him with slight confusion.

"What do you mean...? There's only one type of nachos."

Lumine thought for a moment and facepalmed, "Oh, right! Sorry, I call those ranch flavored chips nachos, too." Kody shrugged and ate another nacho. Lumine watched Kody to observe how it was eaten, and copied him. He carefully lifted a nacho by it's cheese-less edge, observing it. The cheese blanketed the nacho, and was topped with a single jalapeño. Lumine slowly put the nacho in his mouth, his eyes widening at the adventurous flavor. "I can't believe there's so many foods I haven't tried..." Lumine said, quickly munching on another nacho.

"You could probably make nachos even better than these." Kody complimented.

Lumine was taken aback, "R-Really? You think so?" Kody nodded in reply. "Hmm." He looked at the nacho once again. "Maybe I'll try it one day, then." And Lumine scarfed down yet another nacho.