•Chapter XXI•

Remember to leave comments! ❤️
Enjoy!
____________________

As promised, Giselle did indeed come back the next morning. This time, however, Lumine was curious to see where the day would lead.

Giselle opened the door quickly, her fake smile dropping instantly. "You know the d-" To her surprise, he left the room right then, walking past her swiftly.

"... Let's just get this over with..." Lumine muttered. He and Giselle walked over to her office.
_____________________

As they approached the crowed of witches, they could hear groans and yells.

"Do you know who I am?!" A voice screamed. Lumine and Giselle sped up, and saw- of course, a witch. Being tied up and held down by the man which brought Lumine to the building.

"M-My name is Ion Xoku!" The witch yelled. The man held his arm, and slowly submerged a needle into the witch's skin.

The witch began moving more, desperately attempting to break the ropes which held him back. "I'll have you killed!" He screamed violently. Slowly, the man pushed the needle down, injecting a liquid into his veins. "I'll have... You... Ki..." The liquid took place immediately, and the witch fell asleep just as quickly.

The man scoffed. "This one put up quite the fight." He said, standing up and dusting his beige trench coat off. "Another one bites the dust, eh, Snow?" He said with a laugh, before his eyes settled on Lumine.

"Oh." The man said. "You're gonna do it this early?" He asked.

Giselle shrugged. "The sooner the better. You can go, now." The man nodded and scurried off.

Giselle sighed and turned towards Lumine. "Now! You need to learn how to manage these witches." She started, walking through the isles of said beings. "They need to be fed every three hours." Said Giselle, sternly pointing at a machine. "These machines supply food automatically, but sadly, there are no machines to constantly keep them unconscious." She whipped around towards Lumine, "So you will be learning where to inject the Nightingale. Follow m-"

The room suddenly filled with a catchy tune. I've been running through the jungle, I've been running with the w- Giselle took her phone out of her pocket and immediately answered it. "What?" She asked angrily. Lumine heard a murmur over the phone, followed by another reply from Giselle. "Ugh... Be right there." She hung up and smiled at Lumine.

"Alright, my darling son! I need to be somewhere, so please remain here until I return! Thank you!" Said Giselle, sweetly. She immediately walked back to her office.

Lumine was left in the room alone, he tapped his foot impatiently. Wait here... He huffed. No.

Lumine followed Giselle after she was a bit ahead of him. This place sucks. Thought Lumine.
____________________

Lumine saw Giselle move the painting and go into her office. She closed it behind her, like a door. As he approached the painting also, he saw light poking through holes. Little circular cutouts were made in the painting, just big enough for eyes to look through.

And of course, Lumine stalked.

Lumine watched his mother open her office door. "Finally. Why couldn't we have this conversation over the phone?"

The person stood outside her door, and was just outside of Lumine's vision. "Well, it's rude to bring bad news on the phone." Lumine immediately tensed up. He heard the voice before.

"Oh my god, don't tell me!" Giselle started, flailing her arms. "Did you seriously mess up something as simple as a pick-up?!" She yelled.