•Chapter VIII•

To Kody's great disappointment, by the time the first jumpscare had happened, Lumine was already in a deep sleep. He laid softly on Kody's shoulder, his chest rising every second or two.

I fall asleep easily? Really? Kody smiled and rolled his eyes. Kody stretched his arms outward and let out a yawn. As he put his arms back down, he wrapped one around Lumine. I was going to do this when you weren't drooling on my shoulder... He sighed in annoyance. He looked back at Lumine when he felt him shuffle, his white hairs softly grazing Kody's jaw. Ugh... It's so hard to stay mad at you. Kody smiled softly and pulled Lumine a little closer. Out of curiosity, he looked over at a clock.

3:37? I thought they should've been back by- Kody's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of keys jingling outside of the main door. He quickly, but gently, pushed Lumine to the other side of the couch. He picked up the almost empty bowl of popcorn and placed it in his lap, placing a popped kernel in his mouth. The door swung open.

"We're ho-" Aiden was interrupted by Sherry elbowing him in his stomach. "Ouchies!" Aiden clutched his stomach in slight pain, "Why'd you do-" Sherry pointed at the sleeping Lumine. "Oh... Sorry." Aiden sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

Kody slowly looked over at the group of adults. "He won't wake up." Kody looked back the television, "He's a really heavy-"

"Ugh... Why is the T.V. volume so loud..." Lumine awoke with a groan. Kody's resting witch face (aha see what I did there) had intensified. He looked over at Lumine. 

"You just had to prove me wrong, didn't you..." Kody rolled his eyes and paused the movie. Lumine groggily sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Oh!"Lumine's eyes widened and he looked over at Aiden, "Are we still gonna go do those activities you were talking about?"

"Huh?" Aiden looked over at Lumine, "Oh, yeah!" Aiden smiled widely. "There's an amusement park nearby! We can go in about..." Aiden trailed off, looking at the clock, "Is an hour good?"

Lumine's eyes sparkled, he held his fists up near his chest excitedly, "Y-Yeah! That's perfect!" Lumine lifted the blanket off of his legs and stood up. "I'm going to get ready!" And with that, Lumine rushed to his and Kody's room, the door slamming behind him.

Kody's head slowly rolled back over to face the T.V. again. 15 minutes of the movie left? Kody unpaused the movie and laid back on the couch. Aiden looked over at him with confusion.

"Aren't you going to get ready, too?"

Kody sighed, "I wanna finish this movie first. It's almost done, anyway.."

"Alrighty, then!" Aiden began walking to his room, while Silver rushed to the bathroom, "Just be ready by 4:15!" Aiden said with a smile. He then walked into his room, with Sherry following behind.

Once again, Kody turned towards the television. They couldn't have come a little bit sooner? Kody sighed. He could've been on my shoulder for a lot longer... During the remainder of the movie, he continued to reminisce over the things he and Lumine had done together.
____________________

"Kody! Lumine! We're ready to go~!" Aiden said, cupping his hands to form a makeshift megaphone.

Surprisingly, Kody was the first to be in the living room. He was wearing black shorts and a blue short sleeved shirt with a giant sunflower in the middle.
"Hey, isn't that Lumine's shirt?"

"Huh?" Kody looked at his shirt, "Oh, yeah... I didn't really plan to do this while I was packing so Lumine let me borrow his clothes." Lumine then sprinted into the living room.

"S-Sorry!" Lumine said, "I had to find socks..." He smiled apologetically.

Aiden smiled back, "It's fine! Thank you for letting Kody borrow your clothes, by the way!"

"Oh, it's fine!" Not like you gave me a house to live in for free or anything...

Silver opened the door, "Shall we?" Aiden nodded and walked through, with the rest of them following behind.
____________________

Lumine didn't notice it before, but the inn felt very... Homely. Despite how fancy everything was, there was a natural feeling. He looked at the fancy paintings. They seemed familiar, but he was certain he'd never seen them before. He sighed, continuing to walk forward- until he bumped into Kody.

"Ack!" Lumine held his nose in pain, "Sorry, Ko-"

"Are you alright?" Kody asked. He had the same expression as always, and his voice was still monotone, but Lumine still sensed genuine worry.

"... Huh."

"I asked 'are you alright.'" Lumine blinked.

"O-Oh yeah! My nose just hurts a little." Lumine smiled apologetically, and quickly pulled away his hand from his nose. Kody turned back and continued to follow the group of adults.

Lumine's smile soften, but he was a lot more happy. When he tries, he's very kind... Lumine's cheeks became pink. He thought about all the little things Kody had done recently, and his face became hotter. He thought about them watching the movie together. He thought about Kody curling into his chest. With every thought, his heart melted a little more.

"Lumine!" Sherry yelled, poking her head through the entrance.

Lumine shook his head and sprinted towards the doorway."Sorry!"

As Lumine approached the car, Sherry told him to sit in the back, and he did. Kody was looking down at his phone, with earbuds in his ears. Lumine sat next to him and smiled lightly. Kody didn't notice and continued to look at the device.

Lumine continued to smile anyway.
____________________

Through his earbuds, Kody listened to the idle banter between the three adults. He looked to the side, at Lumine, who stared through a window in awe at the scenery.

"Sherry! Keep your eyes on the road!"

"Oh please, I looked away for a second!"

"Both hands on the wheel!"

"I'm about to have my hands around your neck!"

Kody heard Lumine laugh lightly. He looked at him. Lumine was now turned towards the front. Kody took out one of his earbuds to say something, but he was speechless. The banter continued and more laughs and smiled emerged from Lumine. I love seeing him so happy. Kody smiled on the inside. Nobody like him could ever be sad, could he?

To the beat of his music, Kody tapped his fingers on the window. He continued to stare at Lumine, his heart filled with butterflies.

I would say something... Lumine looked at Kody.

But I don't want to ruin what we already have. Kody smiled at him.

Lumine's face was hot, and he quickly turned back towards the window. He smiled when he saw the sign which read "Curt En Amusement Park."