02 - Pizza

It's only been a month into the school year and Hannah already hated high school. She has attended school with the same people for years, yet once high school began, it seemed like everyone didn't know each other. You're either popular, unpopular or in between. Hannah found herself to be in between. 

Unlike some of her classmates, she was able to find her classes pretty quick. Only once she had to ask for help to get to her Geometry class.  

Hannah got to her third class of the day. She dropped her backpack next to her desk as she sat down. She took out her notebook and pencil case and waited for class started. A brown-haired boy entered the classroom. The moment he made eye contact with Hannah, he smiled.

"Hey, Hannah," he said, walking towards the desk next to her.

"Hi, Peter," Hannah said. 

"Hey, what happened?" Peter Parker asked, instantly noticing the bruise under Hannah's eye.

"Oh, nothing, it was an accident," she quickly lied.

"What happened though?"

"Um, a ball hit me in the eye."

"Huh. You're okay, right?"

"Yeah, I am," she nodded. "Anyways, my uncle Luke is planning on inviting a few people over for dinner this weekend. Do you, May and Ben want to come?"

"Sure," Peter said. "I'll mention it to them after school."

Hannah nodded. 

"What's Luke going to make this time?" Peter asked.

"I'm not sure, he hasn't said anything yet."

"Do you want to get pizza after school today and work on homework?" Peter asked. 

"Um, yeah, sure," Hannah said. 

"Cool," Peter smiled.

The bell rang, signaling the start of class.

Hannah tried to understand what they were doing in Geometry. She's always been pretty decent in math. She wasn't the best, but she always managed to pass whatever math course she was required to take. Geometry was the only math course where she struggled to understand. 

In the last twenty minutes of class, their teacher passed out worksheets.

"You can get into partners to work if you'd like," their teacher said.

Hannah and Peter instantly looked at each other, knowing that they'll work together.

"You have to help me," Hannah said. She moved her chair over to Peter's desk. "I don't understand how to do this."

"Don't worry, I'll help," Peter assured her.

"You're definitely helping me with the Geometry homework after school," Hannah said.

Peter smiled. "Alright, let me do it myself, then I'll help you."

It only took Peter a few minutes to finish the assignment. 

With Peter's help, Hannah was able to finish the assignment by the end of class.

***

As they planned, Peter and Hannah went to get pizza and work on homework. A pizza parlor isn't the best place to work on homework and eat pizza, but they were able to make it work.

Just as they finished up homework, Peter asked, "Hey, Hannah?"

"Yeah?" Hannah looked up.

"Where do you disappear off all the time?" Peter said.

"What do you mean?"

"Almost every time we hang out, you always disappear off somewhere," Peter said. "Where do you go?"

"Oh, errands I forgot to do, work, there are times where Uncle Luke wants me to do."

"Really?" Peter asked, doubtfully.

"Yeah," she nodded. "Why are you asking?"

"I just noticed that this is one of the few times where you don't disappear off anywhere," Peter pointed out.

"Yeah, well, I really need help with homework," Hannah said. 

Peter nodded. 

Hannah and Peter packed their backpacks and paid for their pizza.

"Um, I'll see you tomorrow at school," Hannah said to her friend. "I need to go get some things."

"Where?"

"From, um, 7/11," she said.

"I can come with you," Peter offered.

"Oh, no, it's fine," Hannah said. 

"Are you sure?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, it's fine," Hannah assured him. "I'll be fine."

"Hannah -"

"Peter, I'll see you tomorrow," she said. "It's fine, I promise."

"Fine," Peter said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Hannah and Peter went their separate ways. 

Hannah looked behind her as she walked away. She walked towards 7/11. Right next to it was somewhat of an abandoned building. She lifted up the garage door and entered it. She closed it behind her. 

Hannah reached over to the light switched and turned it on. On the outside, it looked abandoned, but in the inside... Hannah was able to turn it into somewhere she can hide. It still needs to be fixed but for now, it's alright. 

Hannah put up a few posters on the wall, there was a disorganized desk in the middle of the room with a few tables surrounding it. Some of the lights were broken. Papers scattered the floor. There were a bunch of First Aid supplies that she had bought over the last couple of months. There was a small fridge that Hannah had bought to store water and food just in case she got hungry. There was a cabinet in the far corner.

There wasn't much, but this is all Hannah needs here for now. 

Hannah walked over to the desk and sat down. She dropped her backpack next to her chair and took out her laptop. She turned it on. As much as Hannah would like to go home and just relax, but she knew she had to do this.

As she was searching up different places to go to help, her phone started ringing. It was her uncle.

"Hey, Uncle Luke," Hannah said when she answered.

"Hey," he said. "Did you finish studying with Peter?"

"Yeah," she said. "I just need to do a few things before I get home."

"Alright. I'm staying late at work," Luke said. "There's some chicken and rice that I left for you."

"Great, thanks," Hannah said.

"Text me when you get home," Luke said.

"Yeah, alright.

Once Hannah and her uncle finished talking, Hannah hung up the phone. Hannah stood up from the desk and went to the cabinet. She opened it. She took out the suit and changed into it. Before she walked over to the extension by her desk and disappeared. 

She reappeared on the roof of another building. Hannah kneeled down and looked over the city. She put on her silver mask. As much as she would like to share her secret to someone, she knew she couldn't. No one can know.

No one can know that she is The Spark.