34 - Outer Space

Tony shook himself free of the Dwarf's weapon, now powerless.

"Wong, you're invited to my wedding," Tony said. Tony began to fly towards the large ship. "Give me a little juice, F.R.I.D.A.Y."

Tony's foot thrusters morphed together into a single larger jet and increased his speed considerably.

Ebony Maw walked towards the controls of the ship, the wizard's unconscious body floated face-down behind him, and prepared to leave Earth's atmosphere.

Tony, still in pursuit of the ship and his protégé, said, "Unlock 17 - A."

A pod launched from upstate Avengers headquarters and curved up to the accelerating circular ship.

"Pete, Hannah, you both have to let go. I'll catch you," Tony said.

"But you said to save the wizard," Hannah said.

Peter and Hannah both began to gasp from the lack of oxygen. They both took their masks off.

"Oh, God," Hannah said.

"I can't breath!" Peter said.

"You're too high up," Tony said. "You both are running out of air."

"Yeah! That makes sense," Peter said.

Hannah and Peter passed out, free falling, but it wasn't for long. Two pods flew and attached itself to Hannah and Peter. One on Hannah and the other on Hannah. Hannah and Peter ended up becoming Iron - Spark and Iron - Spider. Now with the suits, they're able to breathe. They both land on the bottom of the ship, and they stand up.

"Mr. Stark, it smells like a new car in here," Peter said.

"Happy trails, kids," Tony said. "F.R.I.D.A.Y, send them home."

"What?" Hannah demanded.

"Yep," F.R.I.D.A.Y said.

A large parachute extended from the new suits, snatching Peter and Hannah free of the ship's hull. They both spiraled back to Earth.

"Oh, come on!"

***

Tony was unaware that Peter shot a web outside of the ship while holding onto Hannah and they both clambered inside the slowly closing chamber.

"Oh, man," Hannah said as she and Peter turned around to look at the rapidly receding planet.

"We should have stayed on the bus..." Peter said.

"We are so screwed," she said. 

The chamber door closed. The ship accelerated into hyperspace.

"What are we going to do?" Peter asked.

"What can we do?" she said. "We're on the ship. We need to help Mr. Stark."

***

Back on Earth, Bruce was leading Ella and Dylan back to where he met the wizard and his friend. He managed to find Tony's flip phone in the debris and picked it up.

"What are you doing?" Ella asked.

"I just need to make a phone call before we get to Base," Bruce said.

He called the number on the screen.

"Who are you going to call?" Dylan asked as he and Ella followed Bruce Banner.

"An old friend of mine," he said, holding the phone up to his ear. 

***

Ebony Maw was interrogating the wizard. The wizard was floating horizontally, face down, and was surrounded by dozens of glassy needles, each about two feet long.

"In all the time I've served Thanos, I've never failed him," Maw said. "If I were to reach our rendezvous on Titan with the Time Stone still attached to your vaguely irritating person, there would be... judgment," the needles start to contact Strange's face, causing an obviously painful whitish subcutaneous glow at each touch. "Give me... the stone."

Tony was watching, hidden, from above. The Cloak of Levitation tapped Stark on the arm. He raised his hand to it, ready to shoot, but he saw what it is and stood down.

"Wow you're a seriously loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?" Tony asked the Cloak.

"Yeah, uh, speaking of loyalty..." a voice said.

Iron Man and the Cloak turned to face Hannah and Peter, dropping down from above.

"What the-" Tony said.

"We know what you're gonna say," Hannah said.

"You should not be here," Tony said.

The Cloak moved to 'stand' at Iron Man's side.

"We were gonna go home -" Peter began.

"I don't wanna hear it," Tony said.

"But it was such a long way down and I just thought about you on the way..." Hannah said.

"And now I gotta hear it," Tony said.

The Cloak shook its collar in sympathy and shrugged.

"...And we kinda stuck to the side of the ship. And this suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way. So if anything, it's kinda your fault that we're here," Peter said.

The Cloak looked shocked.

Hannah looked at Peter in disbelief.

"Peter!"

"What did you just say?" Tony asked, seriously.

"I take that back. And now we're here in space," Peter said.

"Yeah," Tony crossed to stand right in front of the two teenagers. "Right where I didn't want you to be. This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip. It's a one-way ticket. You two hear me? Don't pretend like you thought this through. You could not have possibly thought this through."

"No," Peter said. "We did think this through."

"You could not have possibly thought this through," Tony said. "Hannah, did you guys think this through?"

"We did!" Peter said.

"No, we didn't," Hannah said.

"There you go," Tony said.

"It's just - you can't be a friendly neighborhood Spider-man when there's no neighborhood," Peter said. Tony didn't give a reaction. "Okay. That didn't really make any sense, but you know what I'm trying to say."

Tony exhaled, shakily. "Come on. We got a situation," Tony leads Hannah and Peter to the viewpoint on the torture below. Peter crouches down to study the situation. The Cloak leaned over his shoulder. "See him down there? He's in trouble. What's your plan? Go."

"Um," Peter said. "Okay, okay... uh..." Peter and the Cloak both stand upright. "Okay -"

"Wait," Hannah said.

"What?" Tony said, impatiently.

"I think I've seen this before," Hannah said.

Peter looked at Hannah confused.

"What?" Tony asked.

"What are you talking about, Hannah?" Peter asked.

Hannah turned around to face Tony.

"I've been having all these weird dreams the last week or so," she said. "I told you about them, Mr. Stark. Outer space? Space ships? Two wizards? This - this is it.

"Oh, God," Tony said, realizing Hannah's dreams are coming true. "Oh, God. What happens next?"

"I don't know," she said. "This is all I was able to see in the dreams. It wouldn't show me anything else."

"Alright, alright," Tony said. "Um, Pete, plan."

"Did - did you ever see this really old movie, Aliens?"

The Cloak lifts its collar in surprise.