40 - The Fight Pt 2

Thanos punched her away. Dr. Strange used his abilities to open the gauntlet, pulling Thanos's fingers open and trying to pry the gauntlet off his hand.

Thanos tried to pull free, but Drax slid in from his right and kicked his knee and knocking him off balance, then wrapping himself around Thanos's kneeling leg.

Peter Quill shot an electric trap onto the ground to Thanos's right, the tangled field holding down his unarmored hand. Peter Parker swung in, webbed Thanos's chest then wrapped it around behind him, digging his Iron Spider legs into the ground to anchor himself.

Dr. Strange opened a portal straight above Thano's out of which dropped Mantis, landing on the Titan's shoulders. She placed her hands on his temples. He bellowed as she tried to put him under. 

Tony returned and he and Hannah both attempted to pull the gauntlet off. Dr. Strange reapplied the Crimson Bands of Cyttirak, which is what he used to hold Thanos down earlier, to reinforce the traps hold on Thanos's right hand, and the CLoack helped him pull. Thanos is finally subdued enough to incapacitation, but not fully asleep.

"Is he under?" Tony asked while pulling. "Don't let up."

"Be quick," Mantis cried. "He is very strong."

"C'mon, Hannah," Tony said. "She can't hold him much longer. Let's go!"

"Alright," Hannah said.

Peter dropped his webline and hurried to help Tony and Hannah with the gauntlet.

Peter Quill flew in to join the others and stood in front of Thanos, tauntingly.

"I thought you'd be harder to catch," Quill said. "For the record, this was my plan. Not so strong now, huh? Where is Gamora?" he demanded.

"My... Gamora...?" Thanos said. 

"No, bullshit," Quill said. "Where is he?"

"Peter!" Hannah said. "Stop!"

"I'm helping!" Peter Parker said.

"Not you!"

"He is in anguish," Mantis said in shock.

"Good," Quill said.

"He... he... mourns," Mantis cried.

"What does this monster have to mourn?!" Drax asked.

"Gamora," the blue woman, Nebula, said.

"What?" Peter Quill paused. 

Nebula realized with horror and sadness what was happening. 

"He took her to Vormir," Nebula said. "He came back with the Soul Stone... she didn't."

"Alright, Quill," Tony said, grasping the danger immediately and dehelmets, "you gotta cool it right now, you understand?"

Quill slowly turned to Thanos.

"Peter, whatever you're going to do, don't do it!" Hannah said to her cousin.

"Don't, don't, don't engage, we've almost got this off!" Tony pleaded, desperately to Quill. 

"Tell me she's lying," Quill said. "Asshole! Tell me you didn't do it!"

"I... had... to," Thanos said. 

"No, you didn't...! No, you didn't...!" Quill said while tearing. Ge continued to rage and then used his weapon to hit Thanos twice on his face, causing Mantis to let go in pain. He continued to rage and hit Thanos repeatedly. "No, you didn't!"

"Quill!" Tony and Drax called.

"Peter!" Hannah called at the same time.

Tony leaped for Quill's arm, rehelmeting and leaving Hannah and Peter to pull off the gauntlet.

"Hey, stop! Hey, stop!" Tony said. "Stop! Hey, stop! Stop!"

"It's coming!" Peter said. "It's coming!" 

Hannah and Peter managed to get the fingers off completely loose.

"We've got it!" Hannah said. "We got it...!"

But Thanos woke completely, and now well and truly furious. He head-butted Mantis, grabbing the cuff of the gauntlet just as it was sliding off his hand, causing Hannah and Peter to stumble back, and then threw Mantis away off his shoulders.

Peter saw Mantis high up.

"Oh, God," He said. He jumped to her and wrapped his arms and legs around her, extending his spider legs to form a roll cage for a safe landing.

Thanos kicked Drax off his right leg and into Nebula and Star-Lord, knocking them down. He yanked on the Crimson Bands holding his right hand to throw Doctor Strange well away and swatted away Tony and his repulsor shots. The Guardians jumped up and charged him again, but he fired a pulse of indigo energy at them that knocked the three of them completely unconscious.

Tony zoomed back in, his nanite arm cannon manifested, and is head-butted to the ground. Thanos looked at him for a beat, then raised the gauntlet towards Titan's moon. Tony stared, aghast. Thanos used a combination of the Power and Space Stones to shatter the moon's surface, then brought the debris down on the field of battle at speed. Tony powered out of the way but is caught by a chunk of the moon about the size of a baseball field, slamming him into the ground. The Guardians went sailing into the air from the rebound.

The Guardians and Avengers were dealing with the gravitic aftermath of dumping a large chunk of the moon onto an unstable planet's surface. The unconscious Guardians were flying upwards uncontrollably, moon-chunks are still making fiery ballistic inbounds, and random debris and massive rocks are floating in any possible direction. Peter was well-equipped to handle this physically, even if he's freaking out emotionally. Hannah, on the other hand, was trying to control her emotions and not show how terrified she was.

"I got you! I got you!" Peter said, webbing Mantis. He snagged Drax, securing them both. "I'm sorry I can't remember anybody's names!" he said, reeling Peter Quill.

The Cloak of Levitation set Doctor Strange down on a relatively stable outcrop as Thanos extricates himself from the rubble. Hannah was standing next to him. Hannah started to electricity at the same time Sorcerer Supreme made a few passes with his hands, producing the familiar golden magic filigree circles, and slammed his hands down on the rock before him, invoking the Seven Suns of Cinnibus as a lightning-like effect of immense heat jumping from rock to rock until it reached Thanos, sending him flying - but he made use of the erratic gravity to keep control and fire back a blast from the Power Stone.

Dr. Strange blocked the purple plume with a wall of Mirror Dimension, which he then pushed back at Thanos. It shattered around the Titan, who suctioned the magic into a miniature black hole with the Space Stone, volleying it back at Strange. Just in time, Strange raises a shield and changed the dark energy into a swarm of aqua butterflies which return to their master.

Hannah couldn't do anything in this battle. She doesn't have the same abilities as Dr. Strange. She tried her best to help in this battle.