58 - Funeral

Nora carried a wreath out of the house to a large number of people waiting outside for the intimate funeral. Happy, Rhodey, Hannah, and Morgan followed Nora outside. Hannah and Nora held Morgan's hands. Nora was holding the wreath on her other hand. 

They followed Nora to the lake. Nora let go of Morgan's hand so she can place the wreath on the lake. On top of the wreath, it was Tony's very first arc reactor. Nora had it framed with the words, 'Proof that Tony Stark has a Heart.' They've had the arc reactor since 2008.

Everyone watched the wreath drift away from them. Nora, Morgan, Happy, Rhodey, Hannah and her father behind her were in the front. Steve Rogers, Peter and May Parker, Thor, Bruce Banner, Ella and Everett Ross were directly behind them. Doctor Strange, Wong, Scott Lang, Hope and Janet Van Dyne, and Hank Pym were standing close to each other. Peter Quill, Nebula, Rocket, Groot, Drax, and Mantis a little further behind. T'Challa, Okoye, and Shuri stood beside each other behind Scott, Hank, Janet, and Hope. Clint Barton brought his family to the funeral. Wanda Maximoff, Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson stood beside each other further back, behind the Guardians. 

A young man, someone none of the Avengers know. It was Harley Keener. Hannah met him a few times before the Snap happened. Nora knew who he is. Tony has become a father figure to Harley when they met around Christmas time back in 2012. Harley and Tony stayed in contact throughout the years. Harley came to spend summers working at Stark Industries and working besides Tony Stark on his projects. Nora reached out to Harley. She notified Harley that Tony Stark, the man he saw as a father, a mentor, is gone and that they'll be holding a funeral for him. Harley instantly agreed to come. He stood behind Bucky, Wanda, and Sam. 

Secretary Ross stood behind Harley. Maria Hill, Carol Danvers, and Nick Fury all came to the funeral as well, watching the wreath float away. 

Tears streamed down Hannah's face. Michael had his hand on his daughter's shoulders, wanting to comfort her, letting her know that he's here for her. He wanted her to know he's not going anywhere for a long time. 

***

"Do you really have to go?" Hannah asked Peter Quill outside of the ship.

"Yeah," he said. "Earth already has it's own heroes. There has to be someone to protect the galaxy."

Hannah smiled weakly.

"Well, whenever you're in Earth, you're welcome to stay with us," Luke said. "You know where you are."

"Thank you, Luke," Peter smiled, "Hannah."

Hannah smiled more. 

"It's nice to know that I still have a family," she said.

"Yeah," Peter agreed. "You have that communicator device, right?" 

"Yeah, right here," Hannah took out the device from her hoodie's pocket. 

Peter took out his from his jacket's pocket.

"Call me when you need me," Peter said.

Hannah nodded. "I will. You do the same."

Peter smiled. 

"Quill, c'mon, we gotta go," Rocket called.

Peter looked back at Rocket then turned back to Hannah and Luke.

"I guess this is goodbye," Peter said. 

The wind began to blow gently.

"For now," Luke said. "This is goodbye for now."

"Yeah," Hannah said. "We'll see each other again soon."

Peter smiled. 

He took a deep breath.

"We'll see you later, Pete," Hannah said. 

"Yeah," he agreed. "See ya."

Peter walked back to his ship. He turned his head as he walked into the ship, giving them one last smile before they closed the ship and flew away.

"I really hope nothing happens to him," Luke said.

"He'll be okay," Hannah said. "He went through so much. He'll be fine."

"Come on," Luke said. "Let's go home."