38 - Mad Titan

In the middle of this mess, Hannah was trying to get in contact with Dylan and Ella back on Earth. Every attempt she had failed.

"Are you okay?" Peter Parker asked her.

"I'm fine," she said, clearly stressed.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm trying to contact Dylan and Ella," she said. 

"How is it going?" he asked, getting hopeful.

"No luck," she said, disappointedly. "When we get back, we need to talk to Anthony. We need to get him to make this thing work when we're in outer space."

"Yeah," Peter agreed. "Why not ask Mr. Stark to do it?"

"Do you honestly think he'll do it?" Hannah asked, doubtfully. "I don't think he'll agree to do this."

"You're right," Peter agreed. "But I think it's -"

"Hold on," Hannah said, sensing something. Sensing danger. "Mr. Stark, Dr. Strange," she said, leaving Peter behind her and approaching the adults.

"Yeah?" Tony asked.

"He's coming," she said. "Thanos is coming. I'm sensing him."

"How -" Peter Quill began.

"Heightened sense," Hannah cut him off. "We need to get into position."

"Listen to the kid," Tony said. 

The Avengers and Guardians got into position, waiting for the Titan to appear. A large circle appears and a large, purple man walks through only to find the ship to be freshly destroyed.

"Oh, yeah, you're much more of a 'Thanos,'" Dr. Strange said, sitting on what seems to be a plaza steps once. Hannah sat right next to him. 

"I take it the Maw is dead," Thanos said. "This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission."

"You may regret that," Hannah said. "He brought you face - to - face with the Master of the Mystic Arts and the Spark."

"And where do you think he brought you both?" Thanos questioned.

Peter Quill crouched behind the wreckage with his weapon ready, behind Thanos. To his left, Peter Parker peeked from above and behind Dr. Strange and Hannah.

"Let me guess, your home?" Dr. Strange said. 

Thanos smiled, reminiscently. "It was. And it was beautiful."

Thanos curled his gauntleted fist and activated the Reality Stone to show Strange and Hannah Titan before it was destroyed.

There were green lawns, intact buildings, water-filled ponds, strolling citizens, the jack - like structures hovering and connected ground-based buildings with beams of energy.

"Titan was like most planets," Thanos said. "Too many mouths and not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

"Genocide," Hannah said.

"But at random," Thanos said, "dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman."

"I don't blame them," Hannah said quietly to Dr. Strange.

"And what I predicted came to pass," he continued. He realized his fist; the stone stops glowing and the illusion faded back into the true state of Titan.

"Congratulations. You're a prophet," Dr. Strange said, sarcastically.

"I'm a survivor," Thanos corrected.

"Who wants to murder trillions," Hannah said.

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist," Thanos said. "I call mercy."

"Then what?" Hannah stood up.

"I finally rest... and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe," Thanos said. "The hardest choices require the strongest wills."

Dr. Strange stood up as he summoned his Mandalas, entering a fighting pose. Hannah followed suit.

"I think... you'll find... our will... equal to yours," Dr. Strange said as he did that.

"Ours?" he repeated, not willing to believe that a teenager and a doctor will be able to defeat him.

Thanos looked up to see a chunk of wreckage with a large amount of electricity descending rapidly on him, too rapidly to react. It was being pushed by Tony. Thanos was subsequently crushed by it.