05 - The Chase

Weeks went by and Hannah began to feel like she has a team behind her. Luke and Anthony have been really helpful. Every single day, Anthony and Hannah would head to the Outlet with pizza or burgers. It's not healthy, but it's the best they could do. Luke would be at work and wouldn't be able to bring home-cooked meals to the lair.

Occasionally, when Luke comes, he'd bring enough homecooked meals to last until the next day.

Anthony was able to create small earpieces for him, Hannah and Luke would be able to communicate with each other. Anthony was able to also make improvements to Hannah's suit overnight. 

Not only was he able to make all these improvements to her suit and create the communicators overnight, but he was also able to get access to all the cameras in New York so they would be able to see everything. 

"How were you able to do this overnight?" Luke said.

"Well, I stayed up all night to make these improvements," Anthony said. "Plus I have a bunch of supplies."

"How do you have access to all that tech?"

Anthony shrugged. "I find broken and abandoned computers and that sort of stuff and try to fix it. I used some of the computer parts to make all these improvements."

"Impressive," Hannah said.

"Alright," Luke said. "Some guy is about to rob a bank across the street from my work."

With Anthony's amazing skills, 

"How much time do I have?" Hannah asked she put on her mask.

"I'm guessing two minutes," Anthony said, looking at the screen from behind Luke.

"Go now," Luke said. "You'll be there before them."

Hannah nodded. She walked over to an outlet and disappeared. 

"How the hell are you letting her continue being Spark?" Anthony asked.

"I wouldn't be able to stop her if I tried," Luke said, looking at the fifteen-year-old. "She'll continue being Spark. I worry about her but I know she's doing the right thing."

***

Hannah appeared at the bank before the robbers appeared.

"Spark?" the security guard said.

"Lock the doors," she said. "There is a group of men coming here."

"What?"

"Lock the doors," she repeated.

"Spa -"

Right at that moment, the group of robbers arrived.

"I told you to lock the doors!" Hannah said loudly at the security guard as she placed her hand on one of the robbers shocked him. It wasn't powerful enough to kill him. "Leave!" 

She turned her full attention to the remaining robbers. There was a group of six of them, one was knocked unconscious. Four of them surrounded Hannah while one went to the ATM.

"Shit!" she said to herself. 

"Hannah, will you be able to fight them?" Hannah heard Luke through the communicator.

"I hope so," she said as she punched one of the robbers in the face. 

She tried her best to fight the four surrounding her and try to get to the guy at the ATM but she struggled. 

After kicking one, she extended her arm and shot electricity at the ATM than at the robber. 

To her surprise, Spider-Man showed up.

"Hey, Spark," he said. "Need help?"

She ignored him. She wasn't going to admit that Spider-Man was helpful.

The police showed up and arrested the group.

"Thank you, Spark and Spider-Man," one of the officers said.

"Anytime," Hannah said. 

The police officers took the robbers to the stations. 

"Spark!" Spider-Man called.

Hannah ignored him. Why did he sound so familiar? There's something about him that seemed so familiar. What it was, she has no idea. 

Spider-Man continued to call after her, but she ignored him. 

"When will you stop ignoring me?" he called

Her ignoring him led to a chase.

"What's going on?" Anthony asked Hannah during the chase. "Why is he chasing you?"

"I have no idea!" Hannah responded. "This isn't the first time we met!"

"What?" Luke asked. "He chased you before?"

"Yup!" 

As she was running, she saw a spiderweb shot past her. That was all of a sudden. Instead of continuing straight, she ran into a random building. Unsurprisingly, Spider-Man ran right after her into the building. There was only one problem with when Spider-Man entered the building. Spark was gone.