17 - Back Home

"What were you thinking?" Tony Stark asked 

"I had a feeling that something was going to happen," Hannah said. "I thought it was a good idea to wear a suit just in case something happens and something did."

"I'm glad that you stopped him, but you weren't supposed to put on the suit!"

"I can't find the guy without my suit," she said. "They might figure out that I'm Spark. Who knows what everyone would do with that information."

"Give me the suit," Tony said.

"What?"

"Give me your suit," Tony said. "Clearly, I can't trust you with it."

"You can trust me with it," Hannah insisted.

"No, I can't," Tony said.

"Mr. Stark -"

"Happy will pick up the suit tonight."

"But -"

"No buts," he cut her off.

"I was just doing what you would've done."

"Yeah, well, be better," Tony said. 

Hannah didn't say anything.

"Hannah, I've screwed up a lot in the past," Tony said. "I don't want you to do the same. You can be a lot better than me."

"How can I?" she asked. "You're Tony Stark. No one can be as good as you."

Tony glanced down at his desk and looked up. 

"I'll have Happy take you home. Give him the suit when you get home."

Hannah sighed. "Fine. I'll see you later."

After the conversation with Tony Stark, Happy Hogan dropped Hannah home and she gave him the suits. Anthony has been texted her none stop since what happened at the bowling ally in Missouri.

She told him she'll tell him everything the next day at the library. 

"How did it go?" Luke asked.

"He's taking my suit because he can't trust me with it," Hannah told her uncle. 

"Huh," Luke said. "Well, he did tell you not do to anything."

"Yeah, but my friends and I were in trouble. I needed to do something."

"Honey, I know, but think about how the media has been talking about Spark. You need to keep your head low with Spark. And don't even think about telling Anthony any of this."

"Alright, I won't," Hannah said.

***

Hannah stayed home for a week. She didn't dare step foot out. If she did, she has no idea what she would've done. She ignored all of her texts from her friends. If she stepped out, she might convince Anthony to make her another suit she can use to be Spark. Hannah called Tony telling him know that she won't be able to come into work for all of that week. 

Luke noticed how his niece hasn't been outside much. Eventually, Luke had to force her to go out. He forced her to go to work and hang out with her friends. She didn't want to but she knew she had to. She couldn't just pretend that her friends don't exist. 

When Hannah finally went out with her friends, they all asked her what happened to her and why she hasn't answered any of their texts. She just told them that she was sick all week and didn't want any of them to worry about her. Surprisingly, they bought it. They spent the entire day hanging out. Hannah was quiet for most of the time. 

Hannah was exhausted when she got home. She went up to her room and stayed there for the rest of the night.