48 - Five Years Later

Five years passed. Since Hannah had no parents, no relatives to go to, Tony and Nora both decided to adopt Hannah as their daughter. Instead of changing her name completely, they kept it. Hannah refused to change her name. She wanted to keep it.

Hannah finished up high school with Dylan. They both graduated together. They both attended university. Hannah went down to Virginia to study while Dylan went all the way to California to study. Once they both graduated, they both ended up going back to New York, where they worked. They both ended up helping Nora at Stark Industries. 

During the five years, Nora had gotten pregnant and gave birth to a baby girl, who they named after Nora's late mother, Morgan.

Hannah had gotten into the habit of leaving with Nora and join her, Tony and Morgan for dinner before she headed home. 

"Are you okay?" Hannah asked Dylan.

"Yeah, I'm okay," he said. "Are you?"

"I'm... I'll be alright," Hannah said.

Dylan nodded. "It's this weekend. It's been five years since..."

"Yeah," Hannah said. "I know. It's hard not to be reminded of what happened."

"Yeah," Dylan nodded. "What are you going to do this weekend? Spending it alone?"

"No," Hannah shook her head. "I'm going to Nora and Tony's this weekend. I haven't seen Tony in a while."

"Why don't you call him Dad?" Dylan asked. "He did adopt you as his daughter."

"I know, I just find it weird," she said. "Sure, he took me in, but I can't bring myself to call him Dad. He doesn't mind though. He and Nora don't mind that I don't me not calling them Mom and Dad. They already have a four-year-old calling them that."

"Yeah, and let's not forget that they have another kid on the way," Dylan added.

"Yeah," she agreed. "What are you doing today?"

"I don't know," Dylan said. "My aunt and I are heading over to Olivia and Everett's place. Since, you know, she's Everett's niece, we thought he wouldn't want to be alone."

Dylan didn't need to say Ella Ross's name for Hannah to know who he's referring to.

"I'll call you later," Hannah said. 

***

Hannah arrived outside a cabin in the woods by the bank of a lake. Hannah got out of her car and approached the cabin. 

"Hey, Tony," Hannah said to the man walking out of the cabin.

"Hannah," Tony Stark said. He walked over to her with his arms open for a hug.

Hannah walked into his arms for a hug.

"How are you?" Hannah asked.

"Fine," he said. "What about you?"

"I'm okay," she said.

"Nora's inside," Tony said. "And Morgan is somewhere over there."

He pointed towards what looked like a shed.

They both walked over to the shed.

"Chow time!" Tony announced. Hannah and Tony sat down. "Morgoona? Morgan H. Stark. Want some lunch?"