Bailed Out Of Jail

"It's winter. Why do you look sunburnt?", Dally said as we sat in the holding cell in the far corner. I looked at my arm, the top of it was kinda red and peeling.
"It's nothing. Probably just blisters from the cold."
"Blisters from the cold turn purple real quick. That's red. That's burns. What happened?", he asked seriously.
"I don't know."
"You're lying. You know what they're from. What happened?"
"...I took a hot shower.", I muttered.
"How hot?"
"Really hot."
He sighed. "You can't do that. You're gonna hurt yourself. You shouldn't have come after us."
"I was worried something would've happened to you.", I said with my eyes starting to water.
"That's why we kept you at home. We were worried something was already happening to you. We wanted you to stay safe.", he explained.
"I'm sorry I got you caught up in this mess.", my voice had cracked and I sniffled. A tear dropped down my cheek.
"Hey, hey."- he turned to face me and placed his hands on my shoulders, "you didn't start this. The Soc's did. It's not your fault they jumped you, okay? We'll call Darry and get him to get us outta here. Everything will be fine Y/N.", he whispered.
"I'm scared. I've never gotten in trouble with the cops."
"It's not that bad. It's your first time anyway, this won't do anything. They'll let you out with a warning."
"They won't let you out.", I said.
"Darry will get us both outta here. Please don't cry. If you cry I'm gonna panic and I don't feel like panicking right now."
I made a small laugh. "Okay. I won't."
Dally went to take the call we were allowed to get and left me in the holding cell. My knees were tight to my chest and I buried my face in my hands. I wasn't crying anymore but I was still shaky. I got jumped twice tonight in a minimum of one hour. Thank god it was a Saturday and I didn't have to go to school today. Dally sat down next to me and pulled my hands out of my face.
"Darry's comin'. He's on his way.", he comforted. I nodded.
"He's gettin' both of us?", I questioned quietly.
"Both of us. He's gettin' both of us."
"D-Dal. Please don't tell Darry about the shower. It's better if he didn't know.", I stuttered.
"Okay.", he said with a long pause.
__________

Darry came by and picked us up.
"Darry. I forced Ponyboy to let me go. Please don't yell at h-"
"I know.", he interrupted. "He explained everything. Don't ever do that again, no matter what the importance is. I want you to be safe.", he sighed. I nodded slowly in agreement. We reached the house and Dally was the first one out the door. Darry helped me into the house even though by now the only thing I could feel was the burns on my arms and legs. I guess I was so determined to make sure that they were safe I didn't notice the water was actually burning my skin.
The sun was just starting to rise. Yellow, orange, and pink clouds spread over the sky like chalk. Morning wind blew threw my hair and the trees. Everyone was just waking up around the neighborhood. Except for the rest of the gang who probably had just gone to sleep. Darry opened the door for me to walk inside. The house was weirder than it had ever been. Johnny was sitting on the ground with his back laying up against the front of the couch. His head was laid back on Ponyboy, who was wide awake. He jumped up and woke Johnny from his sleep. Ponyboy hugged me tightly.
"Thank god you're okay. I'm so sorry I left I thought you were in the car but you weren't and-", I stopped him by shushing him lightly.
"I was hoping you left actually. You'd get yourself outta trouble. If you didn't drive everyone away who would've picked us up from the police station? I'm glad you left, Pony."
He exhaled a satisfied laugh. "I was so scared you would've been mad."
"I would never."
After I finished talking to him I gave Johnny a hug.
"Lay down, okay?", I said. He laid down on the couch and I covered him with a blanket.
"Pony, go upstairs and sleep. You need it." I dragged my hand through his hair.
Sodapop came out of the kitchen with toast.
"There's my kid sister!", he smiled.
"Soda, we're twins.", I sighed.
"I was born first."
"By 10 minutes!", I protested.
"Still older than you. And it was 12 minutes."
"You're never gonna give this up are you?", I questioned.
"Never."
I laughed slightly. I finally got a good look at the damage that had been done to their faces.
"I'm patching you guys up."
I walked into the bathroom to get wet rags and band-aids. After I got all the stuff I needed I wiped the blood off of all three of them and put band-aids over the cuts.
"You lost your gun.", I said to Dally.
"No I didn't.", he smiled and pulled the gun out from his shirt. "I kept it tucked into my pants under my shirt.", he laughed.
"How'd they not see it?", Soda asked.
"It's Tulsa, Oklahoma, Soda."
"Yeah I guess."
I laughed at them.
"Your turn.", Soda said.
"I'm bleeding?", I asked.
"Yeah. On the side of your head next to your eye.", Darry noted.
Dally wiped the blood off with his hand and put a band-aid on it.
"Great job, Dal. You didn't use the towel now she's gonna get infected from your dirty hands.", Soda criticized.
"I just washed my hands!", he protested. I laughed again then yawned.
"Seriously. You need to sleep.", Darry repeated forcing me up the stairs.
I walked into the room and laid down next to Ponyboy, who was completely asleep. I closed my eyes and immediately fell asleep. I guess it was a long day.
__________

"Y/N. Y/N wake up."
I felt hands on my shoulders violently shaking me. I opened my eyes slowly. Dally was standing over me.
"Dally? What are you doin' here?", I asked.
"C'mon, I wanna take you someplace.", he whispered.
I got out of bed and slid a leather jacket over my blue hoodie. He pulled me out of the house. It was bright out now, people were walking down the street on their way to work or exercising. And here I was, at 1 pm on a Saturday walking to an unknown destination with Dallas Winston. Let's not forget my arms and legs healing from slight burns, and a huge band-aid on the side of my head.
"Dal, where are we goin'?", I questioned.
"To get ice cream.", he said.
"Why are we getting ice cream?", I asked.
"Because I want to get ice cream with you."
"Why do you want to get ice cream with me?"
"I'm taking you on a date, Y/N."