Soap Fight

1 Week Later
          The day was hotter than it'd been in awhile. I drank so much cold water I thought I'd throw up. But, as a resident in a house filled of monsters, only Darry and me do the cleaning up. I started cleaning the living room, which was a dirty blanket and clothes covered mess. Then I cleaned out all the expired food from the fridge, which we oddly had a lot of.
       Lastly was the dreaded dishes. I don't necessarily enjoy touching old gross food left in bowls and on spoons. It's really not one of my favorite things to do. But as everyone always says, "you gotta do what you gotta do."
       I took the sponge and put dish soap on it. To be fair, the soap was one of the best smelling soaps I'd ever smelled, which is weird but true. Although, the mixture between the food and the soap wasn't at all pleasant. I dampened the sponge under the faucet but was interrupted when someone grabbed some soap and flicked it into my eyes. I grabbed some water and put it over my eyes, it took me awhile to open my eyes when I recognized the leather jacket.
          "Dallas Winston I swear to god!", I yelled. I finished washing the soap out of my eyes.
          I angrily glared at him and turned off the faucet. He smirked, which the longer he looked at me turned into a smile, then a laugh.
        "What's so funny?!"
        He held his laugh in and put his hands on the sides of my face.
        "You're cute when you're angry."
        "I'm about to get super adorable.", I snarled taking his hands off my face.
       "Who pissed in your cereal?", he asked.
       "Haha, you're so funny.", I replied with a monotone voice.
        He noticed the sponge in my hand.
        "Want me to help you with the dishes?", he suggested.
        "No."
        "Why not?", he pouted. I sighed.
        "You're gonna annoy me the whole day aren't you?"
         He smiled.
       "If you break a plate, I break your neck.", I gave in.
        He snatched the sponge out of my hand and started cleaning the dishes.
         "I'm sure Darry doesn't want you cleaning.", he said.
         "Nope."
         "So then why are you doing it?"
         "It's kinda stress relieving."
         "Since when is cleaning stress relieving?" he asked.
         "I don't know, it is for me. What's stress relieving for you then?", I interrogated.
        "I don't really have anything that relieves stress from me. I just kinda bury it deep down over doing illegal things.", he joked. I laughed.
        "You're getting better at this whole 'funny guy' thing.", I commented.
        "Sorry, doll. I was always good at it.", he winked.
        I grabbed another sponge from the cabinet and started cleaning the dishes, too. It was still gross, but I was more concentrated on what Dally was saying then the food.
        Eventually we were both silent. Perusal, I wasn't uncomfortable in the silence. It felt nice. When I finished the last bowl, Dally took a handful of water and dish soap and covered me in bubbles. I yelled at him and then did the same thing. He grabbed the whole bottle and started spilling it over me. I tried to grab it out of his hands but he held it over his head where I couldn't reach it. I groaned then jumped up and put him in a headlock. He laughed at me.
        "I don't wanna hurt you!", he yelled.
       "Sounds good to me.", I said, then kneed him in his private area so he would fall over and took the soap out of his hands.
        "Why would you do that?", he asked, laying on the ground.
         Instead of answering I took the cap off the soap and poured the rest of it into his face.
       "Oh you're over now!", he said spitting the soap out of his mouth.
       I laughed and ran away but he caught up to me and grabbed me from behind. He carried me over to the bathroom and grabbed the hand soap, which he proceeded to dump on top of my head. I screamed, but not in pain, in fun.
      After we were so tired from chasing each other around we both laid down on the carpet. We were still lightly giggling. I felt him grab my hand and hold it close to him.
     "I never knew you liked holding hands.", I said smiling.
      "I don't. But I make exceptions for you."
      I wanted to see how he'd react if I did something no one's done before. I rolled over from my back onto my front but I wrapped my arms around his torso and laid my head on his shoulder. I could tell he's tensed up. I felt a feeling of victory, he'd always made me blush, now I made him blush.
      "What are you doing?", Dally asked.
      "Taking a nap.", I replied.
       "On me?"
       "Yeah."
       "How am I supposed to sleep?"
       "Who said you couldn't?", I questioned.
        "Comfort. Comfort said I couldn't."
        "Then move me somewhere that's comfortable for you.", I said.
         He put his hands on my sides and pushed me off of him.
         "That's better.", he yawned.
        "I hate you."
        "Y'know you love me.", he smirked.
        "I'm going to punch you in the face."
        He laughed at me and put his arms out to me. I laid my head in the crook of his neck and this time he put his arms around me.
         "I thought you said you were uncomfortable.", I groaned.
         "I thought you were planning something in that evil head of yours."
         "I was. And it worked."
          "Oh really?"
          I nodded.
          "Okay."
           He put one hand under his head and the other one on my back. That's all you have to say, I thought. I didn't think out loud though, God forbid I did that. I tried to sleep, but when I heard a car pull up I knew it was Darry.
         "Oh god. It's Darry.", I said.
         Dallas and I hopped up and he ran into the bathroom while I ran into my room. I quickly grabbed a T-shirt and shorts that weren't covered in soap and changed into them. When he opened the front door I wrapped my soapy hair in a towel to look like I'd just showered.
         "Y/N!", Darry yelled for me.
         I ran down the stairs and greeted him in the living room.
         "Hey.", I said, nearly out of breath.
         "Hi.", he confusingly responded.
          I followed him into the kitchen when I realized the dish soap bottle was empty on the floor.
         "Oh yeah. We...need more soap. It must've fallen over.", I lied.
          "Well we need eggs to. I'll be back, I'm going to the store.", he said, walking to the front door.
         "...Okay! Have fun, I guess!"
         "I will!", he smiled.
        After I made sure he was in his car and down the street, I ran to the bathroom door. I opened it to see Dally hiding in the shower. I laughed and nearly fell over.
       "I thought you were Darry! Is he gone?", he whispered.
      "Yeah.", I said wiping away a tear from my eye.
      He jumped out of the shower and walked close to me. I looked up at him still laughing a little bit.
      "Can I kiss you?", Dally questioned.