A Humorous Car Ride

Darry was siting on the couch putting on his shoes when I got home with Dallas. I could see that they were his work boots.
     "Work? It's already the afternoon.", I said.
"They switched my shift, instead of 8am to 4pm, I'm now at 1pm to 9pm.", he explained.
"Oh."
"It's only for a few weeks, I'll be back on regular shift in February."
     "That's two months away."
     "Can you please just make sure the boys aren't dead, I'll still get morning stuff done, but I can't have another 1962 epidemic."
      About 3 years ago, Soda had fallen asleep at the house, and Ponyboy got lost looking for him since Soda was gonna walk him home that day. It wasn't fun having to get a phone call from a random stranger saying they had a crying child at the bank across town. I agreed to make sure nothing that like ever happened, but didn't know how I was gonna do that with the Diner. I was on the 3pm to 11pm shift.
       I had already gotten everyone's Christmas Presents, which was important considering tomorrow was Christmas Eve. I just needed to wrap them, which I planned doing at Dallas' house, because everyone is so nosy here. Darry got up from his chair and walked outside, the cold air rushed in the house but quickly left as he shut the door behind him. I silently sighed and closed my eyes for a moment.
        "Can we go back to Buck's?", I asked him.
        He raised one of his eyebrows and smirked.
       "To wrap presents.", I sneered.
       "Is that a 'to wrap presents' or are you actually going to wrap presents."
        "I actually need to."
        "Yeah that's fine."
        "I need to go get changed, gimme a second.", I walked up the stairs and he followed behind me.
        "You're not coming with me into the bathroom."
         "I'm just helping you...pick an outfit.", he protested.
        I rolled my eyes and laughed. We made it to my room and I opened the door. Ponyboy and Johnny were sitting by the window kissing. They stopped and pushed each other away.
        "This looks awfully familiar.", Dallas joked.
Johnny turned white at the sight of us.
"We were...uh, just-"
"We don't care, resume whatever you were doing, just make sure that you lock the door in case Two-Bit pretends to sleep walk into the room.", Dallas said.
I laughed, considering I'd probably be the only one who got the joke besides Two-Bit. Ponyboy remained quiet, looking down at the ground. I quickly grabbed clothes from my drawers and left the room, tightly closing the door. Dallas looked at me, shocked.
"Ponyboy is-?"
"Yeah."
"And they are-?"
"Considering what we just saw, yeah."
        "Never right timing, huh?", he asked.
       "Never. I suggest you go downstairs now because I'm not letting you stand outside the bathroom door, you creep."
        "I can hang out with Pony and Johnny, even though I'm sure they'll try to deck the shit out of me."
        "Are you implying two skinny teenage boys can, so called, 'deck the shit out of you'.", I teased.
        "I said, 'try to'."
        I backed into the bathroom and closed the door, locking it. I threw on the clothes I'd gotten as quickly as I could and put my deodorant back on. I left the presents in the top shelf of the bathroom cabinet, that was my personal cabinet, so none of the guys went in there. Dally's present was small enough to tuck in my boot, that way he wouldn't see it. I knew Ponyboy was currently occupied with Johnny, and Soda was probably hanging out with Steve, so we were able to walk threw the living room without be caught with the presents.
        Dallas brought his car, so I stuffed them all in the backseat. I luckily grabbed some warm clothes so that I wouldn't be freezing out in the weather. Dallas pulled a pack of cigarettes from the glove box. He stuck one out for me.
        "No thanks.", I said.
        He lit his cigarette and started driving. I looked out the window for most of the time, resting my head on it. Dallas hit the breaks and I lunged forward. The seatbelt kept me from hitting anything but it scared me.
        "Dallas!", I yelled and slapped his arm.
       He laughed and flicked his cigarette bud out into a water bottle, then dropped the cigarette in. I leaned up against the seat, listening to the quiet radio playing softly.
"What presents did you get for everyone?", he asked.
"I'm not revealing any of that information."
"Why not? Don't trust me?"
"I trust you a lot, I think you might be in my top 5: people I trust."
"Where do I rank?"
"For your ego's sake, #1. In realities sake, #4.", I explained.
"Who do you trust more?"
"My brothers."
"Y'know. I am actually happy that you have a family you can trust like that, you deserve it."
"You deserve one way more than I do."
"I have one."
"Who?"
"All of you guys. My New York guys were not family, they were people I stuck with cause I had no one else. You are all my true family."
"Stop being sweet, it makes me cringe."
"Trust me, it makes me cringe, too. But, at least I'm being honest."
"How am I your family?", I asked curiously.
"I love you. Even though I never say that I love everyone else I do. But some more than others."
"Top 5?"
He laughed. "I really don't know, you and Johnny are at the top, that's all I can say knowingly."
"This conversation is too deep for right now, I'm still tired of making drinks all day."
"I'm too tired of drinking drinks all day."
"Is this your new diet plan?"
"I'd rather die."
"Is it even that good?"
"You've has it plenty of times."
"I had it 1 time, at Buck's party. And it was a sip.", I said.
"But you kiss me, and that's like downing a whole bottle."
"Smooth? I think?"
"Nah, I was saying how I'm a...beer...addict?"
"Alcoholic?"
"That's the shit!"
"I'm gonna kill you."
"Please, if you must.", he instructed.
"Are you illiterate?", I asked.
"I'm pretty sure, considering I have no idea what that means."
He pulled a flask from the glove box.
"I have stashes everywhere."
"You are a disgrace, Dallas Winston."
"I am an innovator."
"Ooo!", I yelled.
"I know I was watching the kids channel because Two-Bit never changed Mickey Mouse and this 'vocabulary teaching' show came on. But, that's the only word I remember.", he smirked.
"Wow."
"Are you proud of me?"
"Hell Yeah."
He was joking, it seemed as if this whole conversation was a joke. But that's why I loved Dallas Winston. Because you couldn't talk to anyone else like that. It made me feel special, considering I could tease Dallas without him getting pissed off.

also i promised that i was gonna post this chapter CHRISTMAS YALL ITS 3 WEEKS AFTER, and I promised y'all could beat me up so I'm allowing y'all to punch me, just no stomach but face is allowed