A Dangerous Interruption

He pulled his shirt up to his neck and laid front facing on the chair. I laughed and Steve groaned.
      "It's probably gonna hurt.", I said.
      "Probably?"
      I laughed and sat down on the chair. He looked over at me and pulled his hand up to his face and stuck his middle finger up at me. I laughed and slapped his shoulder, then gave him the finger back. He sighed loudly as the needle turned on. Once it touched him, he flinched.
       "I hate you Y/N Curtis."
       "The feeling is mutual.", I joked.
       He groaned at me as she continued the tattoo. It was smaller than I'd anticipated, but he'd probably like it better small.
       He didn't seem too much in pain other than a flinch once in awhile. She was almost finished the tattoo when someone started banging on the door to the shop. The artist stopped the tattoo and looked up at me. Steve also turned his head in my direction.
       "Could you open that? I locked it on accident I guess.", she asked.
       "Yeah.", I replied.
       I slowly walked over to the black door. The blinds had been shut over the window. I turned the knob and opened up the door. A man in a hooded sweater opened the door and pointed a gun towards my face. My heart stopped and my face turned pale. I felt my head started banging into a headache. My hands started shaking.
I backed up but he followed me.
He was tall and skinny, and that was about all I could identify. His face was covered by shaggy black hair and a bandana so I could only see his eyes. The artist held Steve down. I looked over to them and the man cocked his gun. I made a noise like a tiny squeak. His eyes narrowed. I held my breath and my lungs started to burn. I was afraid that if he heard my breathing he'd shoot me.
        "Don't run.", he warned. "Don't even look at them."
        I nodded.
      He moved his gun towards the artists and her hands shot up in the air. I slowly started to breathe through my nose, as quietly and still as I could.
     "What's going on?", Steve whispered.
     I winced.
     The man pointed his gun at Steve. He was still facing the chair, and couldn't see behind him. The artist bumped his chair with her hip as to notify him not to move or speak. He got off the chair and the man steadied the gun. When Steve turned around I saw his finger going for the trigger and pushed him as hard as I could. He fell onto the ground as he dropped the gun and it fired at the wall, leaving a small whole. I screamed and covered my mouth. My shoulder hurt from the impact. Steve realized what was happening and ran up to him.
      The artist bolted to the front desk where she  called the police on the wall phone. Steve pulled the mans arm behind him so he couldn't reach for the gun. I ran over and snatched it from the ground and aimed it at the man. I wasn't going to shoot. I'd rather be shot than shoot another person, and considering he wasn't attacking Steve yet, I had no need to shoot him. It was more of an act of intimidating him into stopping.
       He yelled angrily. Steve still kept him in his grasp. The artist hung the phone on the wall. I looked over to her and her eyes widened when she saw the gun in my hand.
      "What are you doing?", she mouthed, "Drop the gun."
      I lowered it onto the floor like she said but kicked it to the back of the shop just in case he got loose and went for it. She ran over to me.
      "I called them they'll be here in two minutes."
      "Yeah well 3 people can get shot in two minutes.", I said.
      I ran over to Steve who was obviously in a struggle to keep him under his arms. I pressed my knee onto his back and held down his shoulder blades with my hands to relieve pressure from Steve. We had him now and there was no way he'd escape.
     The sirens flooded the room. The police ran in and handcuffed the mans hands behind his back. They took the bandana off of his face. I hadn't recognized him, and his face almost looked the same without the bandana. It was almost not there, just plain. He didn't even look like a person. Maybe I was still shocked, but I walked close to Steve in case I was about to fall over. I think he noticed because he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his side. He rubbed my shoulder comfortingly to calm me down.
"Never had a gun pointed at you before. Huh?", he questioned.
I shook my head no. The police came in and sat us down on a bench inside the parlor. He looked at me and turned his head.
"I've taken you in before."
I looked up confused.
"W-What?", I silently said.
"Early December, Late November. A fight outside a house across from the Tastee Freeze. You and that Dallas. Wrong people darling."
It was back when Bob first fought me. I held my arms with my hands and nodded.
"You seem to get yourself into a lot of trouble.", he said.
"Y/N's never done anything wrong in her life. She was defending herself when you arrested them. You just arrested the guy who came inside and pointed a gun at her face.", Steve replied angrily.
"You speak for her?"
"Do you? Because it sounds like you do.", Steve said again.
"Why did he point the gun at her?"
"Because she was the first person he saw!", he shouted.
"Steve.", I muttered and wrapped my hands around his arm to hold him down. He looked at me and sighed, then calmed himself.
      "Okay. You're all free to go, get home safe. Got it?"
      "Yes.", I said.
       The police officer left and I turned to the artist.
       "What's your name?", I asked.
       "Joselyn. But, everyone calls me Josie."
       "Where do you live?"
       "Above the shop in an apartment.", she answered.
       I looked at Steve. He stared at the ground.
      "Come with us.", I said.
      "Wait what?"
      "You can't stay here it isn't safe. Come home with us. We let people in all the time."
      She was still a bit hesitant.
     "Okay."