Wrapping Presents

We made it to Bucks and Dallas helped me carry the presents in. I went back out to the car and grabbed the wrapping paper. When I walked inside I realized I forgot the paper cutter.
      "Dammit.", I said.
      "What?"
      "I forgot my paper cutter."
      He took out his switchblade and tossed it to me.
      "Dallas!", I yelled as I caught it.
      "What? What'd I do?"
      "That could've opened."
      "Nah it's old, it doesn't go out as smooth as it used to."
       I smirked and then I looked in my boot. How convenient.
       "What presents did you get for everyone else, huh?", I asked.
       "Not killing them and my negative attitude.", he said, his mouth full.
       I turned to look at him and he was eating cookies. He grabbed one from the box.
      "Want one?"
      I was laying out the wrapping paper so I just opened my mouth and he threw it at me without looking back.
      "Dal!", I yelled as the cookie hit the side of my face.
      "What?"
      I pointed the the cookie on the ground with my shoe.
      "Why didn't you catch it?"
      "I was laying out the wrapping paper."
     He started laughing and sat down at the table with his face in his hands. 
       "Can I have a cookie, please?"
       He grabbed one and fed it to me.
       "Thank you.", I said.
       He laughed again.
       "What?", I asked.
       He snorted and I fell on the ground, my ribs burning. I had given up on the wrapping paper at this point. He tumbled down next to me, clapping his hands slowly while slight noises came out of our mouthes once in awhile. We both couldn't speak since we were choking on our own laughter. My jaw began to hurt because I was still eating the cookie.
     "Wait, Wait.", I giggled. He took a deep breath and when he went to take another one, the exhale was another branch of cackles.
     "Stop laughing!" I yelled. 
    "I'm sorry!", he answered.
    "Hey love birds, how's your day been?", Buck asked.
    "Hey Buck, did we wake you up?"
    "I don't sleep in that late.", he protested.
    I gave him a tiny side hug and Dallas punched him in the stomach. Buck used his knee to kick his stomach. I walked over and pushed them apart.
"Okay, okay, stop. Is this how you to say hello or something?", I asked.
"Yeah."
"Don't put each other in the hospital please."
Buck laughed and waved to us, then walked out the door. I wrapped Ponyboy's present first, Dallas helping me cut the wrapping paper. Then Sodas, then Darry's, Steve's, Two-Bit's, and lastly Johnny's.
      "Don't get mad, I gotchu a present."
      "Let's see it."
      "Nice try.", I smiled.
      "Are we done with presents?", he put his head in his arms.
      I lifted his head up and put my hand under his chin. 
      "Oh, the little baby is tired.", I said in a baby-ish voice.
      He pushed my hand off.
     "Ew."
     I chuckled and sat down on one of the bar stools. He whipped around and kissed me.
"What was that for?"
"I dunno, I felt like I haven't kissed you in awhile.", he explained.
"Oh okay.", I said in a funny voice.
He tilted the stool and I almost fell off, until I grabbed the bar.
"I'm gonna kill you.", I warned. He jolted the stool and I fell, but he managed to grab my hands and hold me up.
"Are you trying to make me mad today?"
"Not intentionally, I just have an angry aura."
"Aura? Again you're somewhat getting things now."
"I'm not a complete dumbass, Y/N."
     "You lack some form of common sense though."
     "Don't we all?"
     "Good point."
     I steadied myself and walked over to the couch, laying down on it.
     "I wouldn't do that."
     "Why not?", I asked. 
     "We don't usually wash the couch, and some parties get...a little too drunk."
     I sat up and got off the couch wiping my hands on the wall.
     "Thank you for the pre-warning."
"I'm kidding.", he laughed.
Dallas sat down on the couch, so I sat with him. I was under his arm, with my legs across the couch and my head on his shoulder. The TV was on, and it started to get dark outside. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
_____________
"Hey. Wake up.", Dallas shook me.
I opened my eyes. The lights in the house were on and it was completely dark outside.
"What time is it?", I asked.
"8 o'clock."
"Oh shit I have to go home. I forgot about Ponyboy and Soda."
"Okay, I'll make sure to hide your presents away so no one can touch them.", he assured.
"Thank you.", I said.
I grabbed my jacket and swung it on. I talked to Gloria about moving my shifts a lot, today was an unexpected shift, but Gloria said she needed me. I'd probably ask for a shorter 4 hour shift instead, even though it'd pay less, I didn't really need the money except to help Darry out with bills and food. That way I could go right after school and make it home in time to help make dinner and check homework. I remembered Cora and how she said she knew Dal. Dallas jumped in the car and I got in the passengers seat. He started driving quickly so he could get me home. I wondered if I should tell him about her, and that all the New York kids were here. He probably would want to know.
        "Hey Dal."
        "Yeah?"
        "At work today, I met a new weekend coworker."
        "Okay?", he said confused.
        "She recognized me, and she asked me if I was 'Dally's' girl."
         He didn't respond and just looked out at the road. I decided I should go on.
        "Her name was Cora, and she said that her and few New York friends of yours moved down to Tulsa.", I explained.
         His grip on the steering wheel got harder. I could tell he was angry about something.
       "Did she say who came?" His voice cracked.
       "No, she didn't."
       "You don't work weekends right?", he asked.
        I paused for a second looking at the stern look on his face, like he was trying to hold himself back. I didn't respond at first.
        "Right?", he said louder.
        "No, I work weekdays after school, that's it.", I responded.
        "If you see her, walk in the other direction.", he advised. "I'm just looking out for you, alright?"
         "Okay.", I mumbled quietly.
         He pulled up to the house and I leaned across the seats and kissed his cheek. He didn't say anything.
        "I love you.", I said hesitantly.
        "I love you, too."
         I got out of the car and shut the door. I was worried about him, and maybe I should've just kept my mouth shut about it. But he'd probably be mad that I didn't tell him. The fact that he seemed angry made me upset. When I walked through the door, everyone was sitting there. They all looked over at me. I sighed and rubbed my forehead, then put my jacket up on the rack and walked into the kitchen. They all resumed watching their show, a few "hi's" came by. I walked into the bathroom and rinsed my face with water. When I came outside, Soda was standing there.
        "Is everything okay?"
        "Yeah. Why?", I asked.
        "You're lying to me. What's up?"
        "How do you know I'm lying?"
        "We are twins, we came out of the same womb on the same day within the same hour. I know when you're upset.", he said.
        "I'm just...confused. Someone's hiding something from me.", I simply said.
       "What? And who?"
       "I feel like Dallas is being suspicious.", I said.
       "Well Yeah, it's Dallas."
      "But we were having fun all day today, a few hours ago we were on the floor laughing and now he is mad because his friends from New York came here."
      "What?"
      "It's a long story. But, he didn't know, so I told him and his mood completely changed."
      "Well, he did come here to get away from that.", Soda explained.
      I sighed. "You're right. I'm just thinking too much into it."