I Love You

"Then tell him."
I stopped. "What do you mean, tell him?"
"When you were in the hospital, he never left. Not even to get something to eat. He'd get stuff from the vending machine, and he barely even touched that. He cares about you, and he hates seeing you hurt. He's always loved you, Y/N. He said you kept him from going crazy, you kept him from isolating himself from the gang. If he loses you, he loses us, and he loses himself. Go. Tell him you love him. You deserve each other.", he said.
      I hugged him one last time. "Thank you."
     I ran outside into the snow and into Darry's truck, putting the keys in the ignition. It was still so dark out, but I knew that some kind of party would be going on at Buck's. The snow was not as loud under the tires because it was melting away, but we'd get snow again before Christmas. I drove slow, mainly because I was wondering what to say to him, but my mind was blank. I reached Buck's house and noticed that all the lights, except the living room lights,  were off. No party to be seen. I parked the car along the driveway and got out quickly. I walked up to the door and hesitated to knock on it. I was scared of who would open it.
     I lightly knocked, hoping someone was in the living room ready to open the door. I looked at my shoes and breathed slowly. The door opened and I looked up. It was Buck, thank god.
       "Hey kid. What are you doing here?", he asked.
      "I need to talk to Dallas."
     "Good luck. He's asleep, but I'm not gonna stop you from tryna wake him up."
     Buck walked off to the side and I walked through the house. It was clean. No red cups or beer on the floor. No flashing lights or loud music. Just a house, peaceful and calm. I walked through the house on the wooden floors, they creaked with every step. I only knew what room Dally's was because the whole gang hid up there when we went to one of the party's and the cops came. That was early September. I slowly opened the door and was face to face with a wide awake Dallas Winston.
     "Y/N, what are you doing here?", he asked.
    I didn't expect him to be awake. I hadn't  thought of what I would say when I got here.
     "Are you okay?", he said again.
     "I love you."
     I let the 'you' drown out, but he still heard what I said. I looked at the ground, I said it too early, Dallas doesn't like to feel love. And now the feeling isn't mutual, and I probably just officially ended the whole relationship. He didn't say anything and I tensed up. I knew it was a mistake, I should've just lied to Darry and said that I had a really bad nightmare. He grabbed my hands. I felt more worried. This is the part where he says 'I'm sorry I don't feel the same'. I felt him kiss my forehead.
       "I love you, too.", he said.
I drew my eyes back to him and saw him still looking at me.
"You do?"
"Yes."
I wrapped my arms around his neck and he hugged me back. I broke the hug and put my hands on his face and kissed him. He smirked on my lips and I laughed.
"So are we still broken up?", he asked.
"No.", I smiled.
"Good."
_____________
I told Dallas about what happened tonight and he was not only pissed but panicked. Repeating 'are you okay?' and 'are you sure he didn't hurt you'. I asked him to go back to the tattoo shop with me to try and find Jocelyn and he agreed.
He said he'd drive the car and let me sleep in the passengers side until we got there. I laid my head on the seat and looked out the window. Dallas grabbed my hand as he drove. I smiled and closed my eyes.
I opened the door and the man in the bandana pointed the gun at my face. He was different, covered in a hood and you couldn't see his hair. His eyes weren't as blue. I jumped back and looked over to see if Steve and Jocelyn were there, but they weren't. He did the same thing, he cocked the gun.
But this time, he yelled, "If I see him, I'll shoot him."
"Who?", I asked.
He didn't answer. He just walked closer to me. I walked backwards until I hit the wall and the gun was touching my head. I felt my heart beating and it was almost like I could hear it.
"Hey Y/N?", I heard Dally's voice from the hallway.
I winced like when Steve said something. Dallas came from the hallway and bolted at the man. The man turned and shot Dally, making him stop and fall to the ground.
I jolted up in my seat and turned to Dallas hyperventilating. He pulled over the car and turned over to me.
"Hey, hey, hey. You're safe, you're okay. What happened?", he asked concerned.
       I didn't answer and he hugged me across from the seat.
        "What's wrong?"
        "I had a dream...that he shot you."
        "Who?"
        "I don't know. But someone shot you inside the shop.", I croaked.
        "It was just a dream."
        He tucked my hair behind my ears and held my face in his hands. I leaned over and laid my head on his chest.
        "How close are we?", I asked.
        "2 minutes at the most."
       I leaned back over to my seat and closed in Dally's hand with both of mine. He pulled back into the road and started driving again. He talked to me about random things so that I would be distracted. He was trying his hardest to make me laugh, which made me laugh. I leaned over in my seat and laid my head on his shoulder. He untangled our hands and wrapped his arm around me.
I was staring at the road disappearing underneath the car. I almost fell back asleep, but didn't allow myself considering what I'd dreamt about. The city started to become clearer and I got more worried. I sat back up and tried to steady my breathing. We pulled onto the street where the tattoo shop was. I saw the bright purple light still on even with the police tape wrapping around it. And standing outside smoking a cigarette, was Bob.