Grilled Cheese and Headaches

I walked up to Darry and tapped his shoulder.
"Hey. Do you know where Ponyboy is?", I questioned.
"Upstairs. He's doing his homework I believe.", he replied.
I ran up the stairs and into our room. He wasn't doing his homework, he had his head down on his desk. I shook his shoulder with my hand.
"What?", he said more angrily then I thought he would.
"Could I talk to you for a second. Please?"
He looked up at me, but he looked mad.
"I talked to Johnny."
"Yeah. I heard."
I sighed. He was mad at me. I didn't know what he was mad at me for. All I did was talk to Johnny.
"He explained everything to me. And it's a lot different than what you think."
"How do you know he's not lying?", Pony asked.
"Because it's Johnny. Johnny is afraid of lying.", I responded.
"Fine. What did he say?"
"He said that he isn't interested in her. At all. He said that he doesn't want you to date her though because she cheats. Johnny doesn't want you to be upset over some dumb girl. Especially over him.", I explained.
"I don't buy it."
I sighed and stood up.
"You don't have to. But Johnny is sincerely not interested in her. He loves his best friend more than his best friend's ex."
I messed up his hair.
He took my hand off his head and held it. This was also another moment that he did something similar to when he was a baby.
"I'll talk to him about all of it tomorrow.", Ponyboy muttered.
"Yay!", I lightly cheered, quietly in a whisper. He laughed at me and then put his head back down.
I walked back downstairs and examined everyone eating dinner.
Johnny was still sitting down gloomily, not eating. I walked over to him.
"Come outside with me.", I said.
He nodded and we both went out the back door. The sun was setting just then, since it was the winter and the sun went down earlier. I took a cigarette pack out of my pocket and took one out for each of us. He pulled out his lighter and we started smoking our cigarettes on the back doorstep.
"How'd you do on your test?", I asked.
"96%."
"See. I told you it would come in handy."
He was still quiet.
"I talked to Ponyboy.", I said.
All of a sudden I had his full attention.
"What'd he say?"
"He said that he wants to talk to you tomorrow and clear things up. I believe both of you just haven't heard the others side of the story.", I assured.
"I just hope he isn't mad at me."
"He isn't. He could never be."
Johnny sighed with slight relief.
"Now come eat dinner."
"I'm not in the mood for it.", he responded.
"What if I made you grilled cheese?", I asked.
"Okay. Now I'm in the mood for dinner."
I laughed and we both walked back into the kitchen. I toasted the bread in the toaster, then I melted the cheese on the stove for a minute and put it on the bread. I made two, one for Johnny and one for Ponyboy. Once I gave Johnny his plate, I walked up the stairs with the other plate, and a cup of chocolate milk. Ponyboy was still laying with his head down, I honestly thought he was asleep until I placed the plate and the cup on the desk and he shot up.
"Why'd you make me this?", he asked.
"Because. Everyone but you is eating dinner right now.", I replied.
"And you.", he pointed out.
"If I eat, I'll throw up."
"Why?"
"School stress. That's all.", I answered.
"Oh. Well at least eat breakfast tomorrow, okay?", he said softly.
"Okay, Ponyboy."
I went over to the bed and laid down, my head on the pillow. It didn't take me long to fall asleep, I was already really comfortable and tired out of my mind. But even then, all the 'what if's that followed tomorrow were enough to give me a little of a hard time. But eventually, I found myself asleep.
I felt wind blowing threw my hair. My stomach was cold, and it stung a bit. My hands felt scraped and bloody and my arms felt as if they were on fire. I opened my eyes and looked up. I was holding onto a piece of metal, sticking out from rocks. The rocks were aligned with my body. I tried to feel somewhere to put my feet, but they were hanging in the air. When I looked down I realized I was hanging on a cliff. I screamed at the height from where I was to the ground. My arms were getting tired and I knew I couldn't hold on longer.
I called for someone. Anyone. I called the names of everyone in the gang in hopes for an answer. And yet, no answer. I swung my foot over onto a rock sticking out from the cliff. I realized this was the perfect time to look at what had been burning my stomach. The same metal I was holding onto was poking into my side, and started cutting through my skin. I got too scared and accidentally collapsed the rock I was holding all my weight on. Causing me to let go of the metal. I felt myself flying through the air, piercing through the wind. Just before I hit the ground I jolted awake. I had a nightmare.
I looked over at the clock in the corner of the room. Only 3AM, on Thursday morning. Ponyboy was still soundly asleep next to me. My neck hurt a little bit and when I turned my head to the side it cracked. I yelped quietly and put my hand on my neck. I still had a headache so I got out of bed and made my way down the stairs to the kitchen.
When I opened the fridge I grabbed a cold water bottle and chugged the whole thing. I realized how much I was sweating when I started waving the bottom of my shirt to fan my body. I decided to walk into the bathroom and take a shower before the guys wasted all the hot water.
I made the water a little colder than I usually would to wake myself up. I washed my hair, my face, then my body. Once I had gotten out of the shower I was almost fully awake. I wrapped a towel around myself and went up into my room again to grab clothes. I settled on a tight red t-shirt, ripped jeans, and a black leather belt. I went back into the bathroom and changed into the clothes. Usually on a day where I woke up way too early, I would go for a walk. But, it was way to cold to go for a nice easy walk.