Prologue

A/N: This is my first time writing this... However, I felt like maybe this character needs more attention and have a better build up story. Not to mention, there were more stories that I have enjoyed... Only to see that the author's time wise is taken from real life... Now, to by pass my extremely free time at work, I've decided to give it a try! I do hope everyone likes it!

Oh and do ignore the grammer if I do have some, thank you!

------------------------------------------------------

Your life wasn't how most people had. Sometimes one family is a happy family, or a divorce/ separation between the parents happen. Perhaps one parent was thrown in jail for crimes they may have committed, or your parent had a child at a young age. Who knows what really happen to the parent's life decision.

On the other hand, your case was no different either. Instead the situation with your parents, were slightly different. Your parents are drug addicts. No, not just one, both of them were.

Everyday they would come in with the same things that you held no knowledge of. Sometimes they would scare you, because of the unusual way they acted. It was like something possessed them as they sniffed some powder, or inject something into their arms. You'd lock yourself in your room when they would scream or shout in some kind of excitement or rage. You were so young and could not understand what was happening.

One day, upon arriving to school, you noticed a bunch of kids were gathering around, viewing something. It must have been a very unique item as it gave an awed vibe in the air. You walked up and see a boy, holding some kind of picture book as he was reading and making such sound effects. Everyone started to make comments about the character on the book.

"I wish I was there! I could be his friend!"

"Me too! I do not like how they're treat him!"

Curiosity overtakes you, inching closer to take a good view on it. You were able to get a small glimpse of it, before the bell rung. The small boy closes his book and the crowd of elementary students dispersed, leaving you standing there in wonderment.

The day went by, as you tried to find the same boy who had the book, yet he was no where to be found. Giving up was not your answer as you also had three more days until the weekend. So if you could not find him today, you would find him before the weekend came!

The next day, you continued your search, but to no avail, he could not be found. However, your search was not over yet. As you continued your search for the remaining two days, your result still came out to be the same. It was like he was a ghost or something, just like in the movies. Unfortunately, the boy was real as many of the elementary kids DID gather around him. Perhaps he was just out for a couple of days or so, then again he could have moved... Having that feeling of him, whom held something that perk your curiosity, made you worry. Was that the only time you would've ever seen it? Or was it fate that decided to mess with you, and remind you of your current lifestyle...

Defeated stabbed through your little heart. Slowly turning around, you bumped into someone and caused you to fall on your bottom. After a brief moment of clarity, your view showed the same boy from 3 days ago, lending you a hand.

"Ah! Sorry, I was reading my manga and did not see you!"

"Manga? What's that?"

Curiosity struck you again, it was a new word that you never heard of. You looked at him with such confusion on your face.

"Oh right, this is an Anime book. But my brother calls it a manga, he also let me burrow it! Its really cool and I feel bad for the main character..."