10: We'll get down to the bottom of this

Don't be scared. I'm right here
___________________

Namjoon removes his blazer covering Akai's shivering body..and her revealing legs. "It's not that warm, but it'll help,"

"Oh Namjoon," she says too late as he's already left the blazer around her shoulders. "What's this for?" She asks. He looks over at her and she motions to the blazer.

"Its c-cold," Namjoon stutters. He gives her a one look digging his warm hands further into his skinny jean pockets, trying to keep that warmth. He hides his mouth in between the length of his navy polo neck. It was quit cold today, the weather playing tricks. One minute it was cold the next minute it was hot.

Namjoon darkens in colour, feeling ashamed of the thoughts that ran through his head. He tried to surpass his dark thoughts about her legs but it didn't work. He looks away from her legs and walks a little further away while still also keeping close to her. After all, he's the one who offered to walk her.

"Well, thank you," she smiles.

"My pleasure," He nods his head and opens his mouth. "I hope you don't mind long distance because were we're going is far,"

"I'm used to it. Growing up with no car taught my legs a lot of things." She shrugs her shoulders.

Namjoon had a car, he just stopped using it. The car held deep wounds and scars that were buried there for a long time. "My car...is.."

"Not working?"

He shakes his head.

"Toad or rentals took it away?"

"None of the above," he answers. He never spoke about his wife to anybody but the detective. It wasn't something he liked to share about himself. But he couldn't run away from such topics.

Akai coughs and Namjoon returns back from thought land. He was about to share a personal part of himself with a girl he'd just mat. But she also did the same thing talking about her dead lover.

"My wife," he starts. With those words Akai becomes serious and pays extra attention. "She died..uh she had already died in the house but, I took her to the hospital in that car. Even though I cleaned it up and made sure it smelled nice, everything else just reminds me of her. The seats still feel soaked with blood, the air still smells.. sometimes I even see myself covered in her blood..and when I turn over to the passengers seat, I see her. Her dead body,"

"She was a very good woman. Amazing amongst all compared to her. She was humorous, intelligent, beautiful and adventurous. She was perfect beyond anything and everything." Akai smiles at the description of his wife.

"My love transcended way past what I could imagine." Namjoon clears his throat. "A love so refined that I myself did not know what it was." He breathes again and allows himself to calm down. In the seconds of his rest Akai gets emotional.

"Our love was not like any other. We did not need hands to touch, affectionate kisses to feel, we were one in spirit." He smiles a light as he thinks about her.

"She truly sounds amazing." Akai says.

"She was." Akai nods her head. He couldn't utter more words as he didn't want to tear up. He remained on the surface and refused to go deeper. It was already too deep for him.

Do man like these still exist? Who only see one woman in their life? Are they still out there with their flamboyant sides and quirky humour but also generous, kind personalities and hearts. Are they still there? Are they?

"You really did love her,"

He closes his eyes. The feeling burning in his heart. At some point, even if he didn't want to, he would have to give her up. Accept it. Forget about her. Eventually.
Removing her from his spirit was a task and a road he was not ready to take.