26: A burst of light

When I am with you there's no place I'd rather be

____________________________

Jay left me at he coffee shop the next day and I also assume he'll be picking me up.

Yesterday was a total bust immediately when they dropped me home they went on their way to do some business. I was hoping that they didn't hurt anybody. Taehyung didn't come back home nor was he at home this morning when I woke up.

I can't help but worry about what's going to happen next.

"Akai you good?"

I blink twice focusing back on Namjoon. We've been sitting infront of each other the whole day. I asked Jin for my job back and he told me I could have it but I would need to wait since he recruited someone new when I left. To say I have my job back is a lie.

"Yeah," I breathe in looking back at my mug. "Namjoon, what did you do with those files I gave you on the members?"

"I gave it to the officer. There wasn't much on it if you want to know. Just history. They cover up everything really well," he answers taking a sip. "Why? You're so tensed,"

"I figured that they started running the targets down because yesterday Jay almost got shot.. and Zha was there," I answer looking at him. "He immediately figured out that that it was you-"

Namjoon turns mute and tilts his head, there's a spark of anger that ignites in his eyes.

I hold his hand across the table already feeling how hard it is. "Namjoon calm down," I smile a little when I see how cute he looks when being furious. Now that I think about it, this is the first time we're seeing each other in almost a month. We've just been chatting online about information and getting things over and done with that we haven't actually been together for a while.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Because I realise how much I've missed you," I answer. "I've been dwelling a lot on your words and what you told me last time."

Namjoon's face turns soft and he even leans closer. "No wonder there's a burst of light in you,"

"A burst of light?"

"Yes, your face is gleaming with confidence and pride." He answers. "Tell me about it,"

I chuckle. "I did a little soul searching and I found out that I like beauty. It may sound dumb but I'm in love with how certain products makes a person feel. I make my own cream every now and then just to see how and what will change or suit my skin. I didn't really consider it to be a big deal but I found myself also reading about other skin types and sensitivity on skin just to know what types of skin groups they are." I shake my head noticing how he's eyes grew.

"That should be your affirmation," he nods his head with a little smile. "You should go to school and study more about it,"

"School?" I shake my head with a half grin. "No way,"

"You see what you've got right there is a passion. Don't follow what you think but follow your heart." He says. "You're so used to chasing money, why not for a change just allow money to chase you."

"That's easy for you to say because you're an accountant," I drink my tea enjoying the taste of honey on my tongue. The Jin Special. "You don't have to worry about money because you've got it."

"I've only got it because I didn't back down from my dream and work. Invest in your dream and passion and you'll see how things will flourish. You won't have to run looking for jobs when you have a degree with profession- jobs will come running to you instead." He says massaging my hand in his. "I'll help you look up for some colleges.. because I believe in you even if I haven't seen your products. I just have full faith and confidence because I get to see your glowing skin."