17: What's on your mind?

Gonna breathe a little slower. Because my life and my rap, they're usually too fast - Forever Rain
__________________

Namjoon waits in his car glancing at the review mirror every once in a while also checking his phone for any sign of Akai and her message. He already didn't like the thought and idea of her being with some other guy.

She was taking chances and so he also needed to make sacrifices. He got in his car for the first today in hopes to not think of Akai and focus on the ghost in the car. But he couldn't. His mind kept thinking of Akai.

She sent a message in the middle of the night saying that Zha trusted her and pretty soon she'd have all the information.

Namjoon groans. He's been in his car ever since leaving work yesterday noon but now it's early morning 5am. He couldn't sleep, due to all the work pressure but mostly he couldn't get his mind off Akai and how she was coping.

Akai made it clear that sex was just that, nothing special. It makes him wonder who Akai really is. Finally picking up the courage he puts the phone to his ear.

-

Akai embraced in the arms of Taehyung snuggles closer to him when hearing her phone. Her body fully nude and burning up against Taehyung's hot form. His eyes open slyly and roams the room. He didn't own an alarm and last he checked she came in his home with nothing but her phone.

He turns on his back spotting the device that made such noises. He reads the contact name remembering the person.

Taehyung wonders in his mind how she knows Namjoon.

"Hey old friend," Taehyung's voice takes Namjoon aback. Isn't he supposed to be speaking with Zha? Or Jay? Why is Kim Taehyung speaking to him?

"Long time buddy. What's good?" Taehyung smiles into the receiver.

Namjoon clears his throat muttering back a shy greeting. Taehyung checks the time on Akai's phone getting back to Namjoon. "Speak to me real quick. Why are you calling my girl at this hour 5 am?"

Namjoon was always a bit of a tongue tied person when it came to Taehyung. Ever since the two have known each other. He's always been more of a listener rather then a speaker. Although Namjoon was older with two years it seemed like Taehyung was the oldest due to all his confidence and manner in which he spoke and dressed.

"I... I..was just Uhm wondering if Uhm....Akai would be at work today?" He closes his eyes hoping not for the worst.

Taehyung looks down at the girl soundlessly asleep in his arms. "Why where you wondering that?"

"She makes nice iced tea..." he says barely above a whisper waiting for Taehyung's next words.

"Iced Tea. Sounds delicious. Let's meet,"

______________________________

Akai's pov

Taehyung, Zha took me to my work place today. We had to make a quick stop to my house (which apparently won't belong to me anymore) to fetch some of my belongings. Zha was very serious when he said that he'd make me his own personal star. Which included me living with him.

The one thing however that I get to keep is my job, he loves my work attire, the short dress and long hills. He said that since I'll be a part of his 'world' I needed to keep cover. Of course the best cover is a waitress at a local cafe. Cliche or not, I'm a waitress.

He sat quietly sipping his straw of iced coffee as he watched my every move around the shop, that's until Namjoon came over.

With Namjoon here I feel calmer and more at ease. Even though it's been a day, I wonder how long will I have to spend away from him. Having already slept with Taehyung makes me guilty and just wanting to quit everything. But then quitting would mean giving up on Namjoon, Sindy and the Detective. I know it's not up to me to solve the case. But again, anyway I can help I'm taking it. Even if it means sleeping with Zha. And plus it's only for a short while until this case is solved.

Namjoon entered the cafe a while ago and was extremely brighter when he saw me. He was about to come to me but Taehyung stopped him. He's sitting with Taehyung right now.

"Akai," Jin nods his head smiling at me. "Tell me what's on your mind you seem so deep in your thoughts,"

I sigh looking away from the pair into Jin's caring eyes. He was thrilled to see Taehyung, they knew each other and even had a little chit chat. Once Namjoon came however, the mood turned dark and an awkward tension fell upon them. Taehyung seemed egotistical with a smug face, Jin looked between the two with a nervous smile.

Namjoon with staggering eyes kept watch on Taehyung. But now even though it's still a threatening view they seem better.

"Jin..."

He smiles warmly while mixing up a drink and handing one to me. The cafe isn't that busy today so it's a relief. "Lay it on me,"

Jin was comforting especially times like this. He had great ears and wonderful advice. Every time I approached him things went well.

"I like Namjoon. I really do. I just... Feel guilty for what I've been doing. And what I'm doing is to get his happiness, but the measures for that happiness is me doing something I don't really like," I say thinking of being a hooker all over again. I left that life for a reason. I can't go back to it.

He nods his head taking a seat next to me taking a quick scan of the dinner making sure the customers where satisfied which they were.

"Does this have something to do with Taehyung?" He asks. I just nod my head not daring to spill anything because right now everything seems too confidential. He looks back to Namjoon sighing. "Namjoon is a gentleman, he's a good man, hardworking and only has good interest. Taehyung on the other hand is also a gentleman but that's as far as it goes."

"What do you mean?" I peer.

"We've known each other since college, Namjoon included. We were all great friends you know but Taehyung was always distinguished from us. He lived this other life and was so secretive yet kept it so simple..Now that I actually get to see him," Jin looks back to Taehyung. "He looks like he's got everything under control but there's still something off. Don't trust him," he warns. "Namjoon and him have got some icy cold bad blood.." he trails off looking back making me follow as well.

Namjoon has a deep scowl on his face as Taehyung now has a smirk speaking lowly. What happened? Weren't they just fine.

"But that's the problem. I want to help Namjoon and Taehyung has all the answers," I finally say. "What icy cold bad blood do they have?"

"That's something only they know, the rest of us were just as shocked to find out that Namjoon loathed Taehyung,"

What's their connection? And can I really bring myself up for the challenge in order to help Namjoon?

I can see so far that he doesn't like the idea that I'm spending time with too many guys, first Jay now Taehyung.

________________________________