23: I also want you to find peace and rest

I just want to be an escape. I just to be an escape. I just want to be an escape, escape for you.

________________________

"She's not here again?"

"Mhm." Jin answers sadly taking a sip of his hot coffee busy listening to Namjoon.

Namjoon shakes his head looking ahead to where the other female waiter is, she has the badge of being second in command. "Wasn't that for Akai?" He asks pointing out the badge. "Jin did you fire her?"

"No-" Jin's eyes enlarge and he sets the cup back on the table looking back to Namjoon. Jin let's out a breath and bites the inside of his cheek. "If I'm actually being honest with you, she quit a week ago." Jin finally lets out. "I didn't wanna tell you because I know it'd hurt you especially after knowing where she went back to work and that you like her-"

Namjoon still puzzled about her quitting. The plan was for her to bring back news about his murdered wife, their meeting point was here in the cafe but now she's running around free. "Why would she quit?"

Jin shrugs his shoulders frowning at Namjoon's reaction. Even though it didn't seem like it, Jin knew that Namjoon was mad even if he's face displayed that he was calm.

"You said she went back to work. Where?" He calmly asks.

Jin licks his lips taking another drink of his coffee already feeling uncomfortable. From the moment Akai stepped into the cafe looking for work she had a certain vibe that attracted needy customers instead of hungry, tea drinking customers.

When she told Jin where she worked he was overwhelmed and tried to keep Akai in shape and formal- in other words a transformation to how she viewed the world and her approach towards it.

She got better at being professional with everyone when Jin groomed her and taught her- but now that she's back to her old ways an uncomfortable coat of embarrassment hinders on Jin.

"Her old job." Jin says. "The strip club. Don't-"

"I should've known. I saw her the other day there." Namjoon says. "She's not doing it again."

One thing he knew was that Akai was not going to dance on that pole again. He was gonna make sure of it.

_________________

Akai's pov

Later at night...

After learning that Taehyung killed somebody everything changed. He became really nice to me and was more open then before. Maybe it was because he saw how frightened I was being with him. Because really I was. I didn't want to believe it but that smell on him and the smells he came with day after day made me burn with fear. And after that day I took the decision to stop working for Jin. I need my full attention to be on this case. Meaning being a 'stripper' undercover fulltime.

This could mean that Taehyung really is Sindy's murder. But maybe that's not true. Jungkook seems more suspicious to me. He strikes me as a killer, more than Taehyung.

I pant hard as Taehyung picks me up walking to the couch before laying me down and kissing me again.

"They're still going on." I hear Jay saying to Jungkook and Jimin who just walked in.

"What? This is just rude. If you aren't gonna share at least lock the door next time," Jimin complains. So far he and the other guys have said it time and time again that they'd have me when Zha was through with me. I remember Zha giving them a glare and threatening to slice his balls off. This must mean that Loona is really doing a good job to make me seem like the best.