Handcuffs

Miracle stood in the parking lot of the marina and looked at Sterling, fiddling with an envelope with Jaemin's name on it.

"You're really going to do this?" Sterling asked.

"I don't have a choice." Miracle took a deep breath. "I don't know what will happen from here but Eric will keep his end of the deal." Miracle looked at Sterling and then slightly lifted his shirt to show him Hunters pistol tucked inside his jeans, near his hip bone. He lowered the shirt. "Just make sure that..when Jaemin gets out...he gets this." The letter was handed to Sterling.

Sterling took the letter. "Sometimes..I wish we could just go back."

Miracle smiled, his eyes glimmering in the sun light. "Yeah, it's funny, but that first day, I remember it the clearest. The good parts of it, anyway."

"I feel like we're all disappearing." Sterling said.

Miracle looked thoughtful. "You know what I told Cody once..." He stepped closer to Sterling. "I told him that I had this odd feeling that people wouldn't know. Like a finger print on the wall, like if I left it there, years later, it could still be there and..." Miracle stopped, closed his eyes and kept himself calm. "And no one would even know it was there, no one would even know I was there or who I was or what I did or what went on...and I told him that I was scared that I would be there and yet not be there."

Miracle paused in thought. "I would be like that finger print. Everyone else would have moved on but I would still be there but like a memory, it physically can't be seen or heard so in a way, I felt like everyone would disappear to and that I would get left behind." Miracle shook his head. "You're one of the last people that has to worry about getting left behind."

"Miracle, don't go." Sterling begged.

"I have to, I figure out my way, just make sure Jaemin gets out and that he gets my letter." Miracle stepped forward and grabbed Sterling's shirt, balling his hands into fists as he leaned up and softly kissed him. A small smile appeared and he turned around, heading for the docks.

Sterling opened his eyes after the kiss and watched Miracle longingly, just watching him as he walked off and then sighed as he looked down at the envelope.

Miracle stepped onto the dock and walked to the end, a sigh escaped as the memory of watching Kevin sail away flashed through his mind, he hadn't been to the marina since then and now it was going to be tarnished by this sick and twisted man. His eyes lowered to the water and he looked down at his reflection and tilted his head to the side. "

"Wish I had something to throw at you." Miracle mumbled just before hearing the sound of a helicopter and he looked up to find a rope ladder falling down towards the dock and here he had been expecting a boat of some kind. A sigh escaped and he began climbing the ladder.

Sterling looked up at the helicopter and watched Miracle climbing the ladder, this was a bit dramatic but what he worried about most was Miracle accidently falling or even worse, being shoved off when he reached the top. Now for just a second, Sterling wondered if he was being to paranoid.

Miracle was offered a hand and he looked up to see it was Eric's and he frowned, taking the man's hand as he climbed into the helicopter and sat in the bench across from him, a couple of men pulled the ladder back into the helicopter as it flew away.

"So what happens now?" Miracle asks.

"Well I make sure Jaemin is free for starters." Eric said.

"Well I knew that, I meant with us. Do I get carried away to some castle to become some captive lover?"

Eric laughed. "You watch to many movies."