FOREWORD

The cover was made by Kaiterai.

The banners were made by Cora-chan.

***

Hello, readers! Welcome to my crazy idea to combine all three routes of the game Fire Emblem Fates into one story.

This book is officially completed, so you can read it all at whatever pace you like. Please feel free to comment on it despite this: I still love to know what my readers think.

Warning: contains strong language, violence, and explicit romance.

I've changed a lot in this retelling, not just to make all three routes tie together, but to look at Hoshido and Nohr as more than good and evil. I wanted to write about the complicated topics beneath the surface of the game and explore their twisted roots: hard love, messy families, self-hatred and accepting yourself, what mercy is and whether it exists, the toll of death on the living, and more.

So now I ask you to forget everything you know about Fates and to meet the characters for the first time. I hope you'll read their tale with fresh eyes.

***

Text copyright © M.M. Hunter 2018-2019

I do not own Fire Emblem Fates, its characters, dialogue, plot, locations, or anything else that belongs to Nintendo and Intelligent Systems.

Any changes and additions to the storyline, additional characters, additional dialogue, additional locations, original passages, and other original content are all mine, and I retain the rights to them. What is mine may not be reprinted, reproduced, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system.