Chapter 59: Three Kingdom Finale

Princess Kassandra of Nohr

"There's one more thing we need to do," Xander said to me. "We should announce our love to our family."

Grief had turned my victory bitter, but his words lifted my spirits. "Right now?"

He smiled. "Right now. I see no reason for us to hide it anymore. The campaign is at an end. Everyone is in a good mood. There is no better time to tell them." He looked around. "Hold -- where are Norton and Semyaza?"

I grinned. I'd seen them slip away. "It doesn't matter. They've already worked it out."

"I see. And are they...?"

"Yes, they love each other as well." I took his hand. "Shall we?"

"Shall we what?" Camilla asked.

We turned around. Camilla, Leo, and Elise were standing behind us. Elise's gaze fell on our hands. "Oh, yay! I knew it!"

"Knew what?" I exclaimed. "We haven't even said anything yet!"

"You're in love!" She crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm not stupid, you know. I worked it out after that day when Xander snapped at me for suggesting you should court Silas."

"Wait, you're -- what?" Leo frowned.

Xander squeezed my hand. "I was intending to break you all in gently, but never mind. Kass and I are in love."

Camilla and Leo stared at us with wide eyes. Camilla shrugged. "Well, I never saw it myself. You two have always been close, but this will take some getting used to. Still...if you're happy, darling, then I'm happy for you."

I looked at Xander. "I am happy."

"Are you certain?" Leo asked. "I care for you both, but you do argue somewhat...violently."

I wondered if he was ever going to let the fact that Xander had bruised me go. I didn't mind. That was what brothers were for.

I smiled. "I think it's inevitable that our relationship will be filled with rows. But it's just the way we are. And I promise that if there are any problems, I'll come to you three."

"Do I get to have your counsel when we fight, too?" Xander's voice was tinged with amusement.

Elise giggled. "Perhaps we should divide ourselves right now!"

"It's about time I stopped treating you all like children." Camilla drew herself up straighter. "I'll be Xander's adviser."

I laughed. "Camilla, that's very sweet, but we were jesting. No one needs to be divided. We're all a family, and so when we do fight, we'll talk to each of you."

"All right." She threw her arms around me and kissed both cheeks. "Well, congratulations, darling."

She went back to Hinoka, and Elise went to talk with Sakura again.