Chapter 3

I felt myself being moved from one person to another...the person I went to smelled of oranges and peaches. Whoever it was smelled really fruity and sweet, and they're touch was so soft.
I then felt myself being laid down and tucked in. The blankets were soft too...I was just hardly able to hear what they were talking about before drifting off.
Something about a responsibility?whatever that means.

Seconds later I felt two hands pull me close. It was so peaceful and the bed was really comfortable.

The beds at home were cozy enough...But the beds at home didn't smell like sweets.
At home there were loads of kids like me. None of them have a mummy or a daddy...we just have the nurses and nanny's to take care of us.
At home everything was loud, even at night time...sometimes it would be quiet but other times there were either big kids playing or babies crying in the room over.
I liked the babies but they were always so loud whenever I try and poke them.
The Nurses won't let me by the babies while they're sleeping. I like to anyway.

I remember when I was a baby. It was just me and Graham.
Graham was special to me, really special. He came to the home with me when we were new. He was my brother. We did everything together, he taught me how to walk and I taught him how to say no. We would even sometimes get stuck in time out together.
I liked Graham...but one day in the snow, he got really sick. Then he went away, and I wasn't able to see him again.
Nobody talked about him anymore, and the big kids nurses and nannies seemed to forget about him too. They just either tossed a ball or made me sing songs with the rest of the kids in the room.
I miss him sometimes, but I know he's happy.

My dreams were strange last night...there was me and Graham sitting in a room, then a woman who sat with both of us. She wasn't dressed like any of the grown ups in the home.
But she did go to pick up both Graham and I.
Everything looked and felt fuzzy...and I wasn't able to move. For some reason this woman gave off a really bad feeling...I didn't like her one bit. But she held me. I didn't want her to though but it was hard to move away. Eventually she put me down but held Graham...eventually able to move I was able to give out a good firm

"NO!"

But the woman didn't hear me. She held Graham in her arms and began walking away with him...looking at Graham I noticed he was crying. Looking at the woman again I let out another yell

"NO!"

But the woman didn't listen she kept walking away, leaving me behind.

Getting up from where I was at I began trying to run towards her, only being stopped by a familiar large white gate.
I looked at the woman again shouting at her over and over.

"NO! NO! NO!"

I began shaking the gate and trying to get over it, reaching out but nobody came, no matter how much I yelled and cried and screamed.
I stayed in that gate and never saw him again...

Graham was yet again takin away from me. He was crying too. He was so sad...I wanted him back. I continued crying out as everything was dark. Kicking and crying. I wanted him back. Anything to get him back.
Graham was my friend, he was my family, my brother. As a matter of fact he was the only family I knew about, and the only family I had.

As I cried in the darkness I was eventually shushed by a quiet hum and a soft hand stroking my face.

I hear the soft voice sing softly as i felt two arms pull me closer into a light squeeze. I couldn't make out what she was saying but it made me feel more relaxed as I felt her soft hand stroke my face softly until I was able to go back to sleep.

This time it was better, I was comforted , I felt safe.
Eventually falling back to sleep to sinking back to now where my most pleasant dreams were hiding. For the rest of the night I stayed cuddled up to Noodle, sleeping softly and soundly.
How I loved her smell. So sweet, like fruit. I loved it.