Chapter 12

Kong Studios was so large that sometimes even grown ups can get lost in, never mind someone like me.

I had to at least walk down a lot of stairs when I reached a long dark hallway, at the end a glowing red door.
Curiously I approached it, pushing it open, it was really hot inside. In front of me a wall with upside down star with a circle on it painted on the wall with red paint.
To my right loads of letters on the wall I couldn't really identify, I couldn't read yet so it didn't mean anything anyway.
On the right, a bucket of red paint. This seemed to get my attention more.

If I couldn't colour on the walls up there...I could do it in here!

Stepping into the room I was immediately greeted by the middle of the floor caving in and darkness, the only thing glowing was the red paint and...what looked like eyes in the corners, looking at me.

Not too bothered by any of it I go after the paint and immediacy dip my hands in it.
It was warm and moving, though I didn't really smell like paint.
It had more of a sickly light smell to it, which again didn't bother me much.
Watching the glowing red paint on my hands I move them again the wall making circles again, drawing flowers and people. Dipping my hand back in I felt a hand grab my arm gently, yet with force, make a triangle then making a circle around it. After that, a blue hand appeared in the middle.

It was small like mine. Placing my hand on that one the entire room glowed a bright red. Every limb of my body grew hot and numb. Trying to remove my hand it stayed stuck to the wall.
I wasn't too sure what was going on. A low growl came from beneath me making me more scared than ever. A the caved in floor got more caved in and out crawled something massive, sharp fangs and the face of a big dog but it had arms and legs like a girl around Noodles age.
She bent all her arms and climbed on the walls towards me in a quick yet awkward and backwards manner.
Just before she could get to me the light flickers on.

She immediately disappears. My hand releases from the wall.

"What the- Kid What are you doing down here an-"

It was Murdoc. Seconds away from having a breakdown I run to him still covered in red paint, that's turned sticky like goo. I immediately wrap my arms around his leg, now crying loudly not wanting to make him angry.

He groaned and picked me up and held me close and shushed me.
Rubbing my back softly he took me upstairs to the bathroom to clean off my arms.

"Shhhhit."
He mumbled looking at my side that looked like it was scratched up to bits. It only started hurting when I looked at it, which only made me cry louder.

Russel immediately came in and so did 2D.

"Muhdoc wot the hell!"

Both Russel and 2D looked at Murdoc then at me then at Murdoc.

"It wasn' me! I found 'er in the hole!"
He explained.
I came up to the two boys still covered in sticky paint it came to my realization that everyone was in a bit of a panic. Which only made it worse for me.
It was getting hard to breath due to me crying so much, I began coughing.
Russel picked me up to carry me away as the boys began to argue.

"Come on, lets go get you some water and get yourself looked at."
Walking me to the kitchen he sat me on the counter and poured me a small cup, helping me drink.

He lifted up my shirt a little, sighing at the scratches on my side.

"Want to tell me what happened?"

Setting the cup down I looked at him still wanting to cry as he got a wet rag and cleaned off my hands.

"A girl did it."
I explained to him. Although I didn't really know what scratched me.