Chapter 24

Days have passed and things don't seem any different. DD and Mudz have been arguing a bit more and I haven't seen much of Russel. It's just been me and Noodle playing games and going on walks. We walk a lot more than we use to. Though I don't mind I kind of like it.
It rained a lot so there were plenty of puddles to play in.

It had just finished raining when she decided to take me out. I was happy about that. Plenty of puddles to jump in especially with my new rainbow rain boots.

"One. Two. Three. JUMP!"

I squealed excitedly as I made a big splash. Noodle giggled as she waked alongside me. She was more quiet than usual however. Especially today but I paid no mind. She was probably upset because she missed naptime. I continue to stomp and splash and play around while we walk.
Noodle kept her hood up as she walked. She was always wearing a hat or a hood or something to cover her face whenever we went out for walks or to the park.

As I ran around I jumped out in front of her.

"Boo!"
She seemed to jump a little as she saw me, but then giggle. I laughed a bit too seeing that I startled her a bit.
"Noodle, wanna play a game?"

"Game? Yes let's play. Etto...Hide ando seeku."

My eyes lit up. I haven't played that game in ages. I was really good at hiding. Sometimes it takes ages for them to find me. It was the one game I was really good at.
I watched as Noodle placed her hands over her eyes.

"ICHI! Ni! San..."

I heard her count slowly as I scrambled my way to find a place to hide. Behind a tree? Under a bench?
Ah, a bush!

Racing over I crouched down. Getting on my hands and knees feeling the water from the ground soak my jeans and make my hands wet. At least I was well hidden from Noodle.

"Hello~"

I hear a oddly familiar voice say, I looked up to see the woman again. Black boots, jeans, a red vest with a black jacket. She smiled at me kindly as she looked at me.

"Hi..."
I said shyly as I looked up at her from the ground.

"Playing hide and seek are we? I love that game."
She whispers to me as she crouched down wrinkling her nose as she smiled.
"I could show you a really good hiding place if you like."

I shy away from her more...i was told not to talk to her, specifically from Mudz. I could be in a lot of trouble for being around her.

"I'm not 'posed to talk to you."

The woman smirked at my reply as if she didn't care. She gently took my hand and stood up.

"Come on love."

I didn't necessarily hesitate. She seemed so nice so I went with her.
She began picking up her pace a little as she lead the way.

"Ready or notto here I comeu!"

I hear Noodle's accent in the distance. That's when I felt myself being lifted up by her.
It didn't click with me at first, however I found it a bit odd that she was carrying me to a parking lot.

"Where are we going to hide?"
I asked as she carried me more into the parking lot.

She then set me down infront of a black motorbike.
She seemed to have a strange look on her face. Very focused however it looked a bit relieved.

"Never mind her love."
She placed the back of her hand on my cheek, stroking it softly. She seemed to look like she was about to cry.
"You...you do know who I am right love?"

She sniffles a little, which made me question a little. Who exactly was she?

"Pau-"

"I'm your mummy..."
She sniffled as I saw a tear roll down her face.
"I'm your mummy and your my baby."