☀Daydream☀

For my comfy fam.

Enjoy.

It was more than just sleep that I lacked.

I wanted to live happily, huffing, and puffing in the cold air with no one to impress or to be aware of but myself.

My heart had been strained and pulled at, picked at, and dissected, and now, I was tired.

Tired of moving about the world where I felt unwanted at times.

The rain began pouring down, marking the beginning of spring, and with it, the end of the cold winter.

I opened my eyes again after I had closed them, allowing the smell of wet soil to fill my lungs.

I rolled up the window quickly, the rain that had gotten in crawling all the way down my arm to my fingertips.

The twinkling lights of the cars on the highway combined with the wet glass of the taxi looked like millions of stars had gathered around us.

"Yoongi, do you ever wonder... What life would be like if we weren't idols?"

He sighed, fog coming out of his chapped lips like a screen of smoke.

"Rotten poor, begging every day for my next meal. My pride so high up, my heart so cold. My parents without knowing where their son was, my hands cold, and my stomach hungry. But we'd be free."

"And so?"

"And so fame comes with a cost. It binds us down to one another. But you know. It's not so bad when we have each other is it?" He asked, his hand trailing at a raindrop which had rolled onto his window.

I nodded.

"It feels like a faraway dream. To be free again. I often find myself daydreaming about it you know? What if I wasn't an idol if I could party, get drunk, cry, and laugh without so many judgmental eyes watching. A place where our actions aren't dictated by someone. But then... Our voices wouldn't be heard if we were free. It's like a daydream, this life. It flies by us like an airplane with no set destination, hopping from place to place."

He nodded, petting my hair gently.

"That's why I want you to stay happy okay? You're our sunshine and the light of our day. Never lose that smile no matter how bad you're beaten down."

I smirked, playfully hitting his chest with my fist.

"It really is like a daydream. If I want something I can get it now... Then I couldn't. Before I met you guys, I was alone. And now... Now I have you guys to call brothers."

His gummy smile came out, a bit mocking, to say the least.

"Oh shut it you big goof. Were almost there anyways. Ready to face your daydream?"

"I've never been as ready as I am now," I responded, looking out to the field of reporters, awaiting both of us to walk out.

~

A/N: Ah this was a small thing I did inspired by Daydream. Hope y'all liked it. Take this as a small gift!!

Mama KoalaBeaw
~♔~